• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Will you lose weight and belly fat if I run 2 miles a day?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by zxcv, Oct 12, 2019 at 10:08 PM.

1. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+187
    Christian
    Single
    I run 2 miles a day, 5 days a week. I also do some light strength training 3 days a week. Will I be able to lose belly fat and weight if I keep going with this. Even without taking food into account?

Also will this help out with social anxiety?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. THE W

THE W AFRIKANB0T

+2,454
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    yes to all above.

do understand that once you get yourself to where you want health-wise that you have to keep going. many fail at diets and weight loss because they get to their ideal weight and then go back to their old habits.

it's about adopting a new lifestyle.

3. MehGuy

MehGuy Free speech warrior degenerate Supporter

+6,562
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Depends how much food you eat. It can be easier to eat calories than it is to burn them away.

Plenty of blue-collar workers with very labor intensive jobs who are still fat.

4. Citanul

Citanul Well, when exactly do you mean?

+2,197
    South Africa
    Methodist
    Single
    Grammar Nazi time...

I'm not going to lose weight if you run two miles.

5. ThisIsMe123

ThisIsMe123 Not sure

+347
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    No, it's diet, not exercise (it helps) but diet is a big determent in weight loss. Ever hear of people exercising and then scratching their heads trying to figure out why they aren't loosing the weight? That's because they are eating more calories than they are burning off while running.

6. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,470
    Christian
    Single
    Animal fat and vegetable oil have more calories than sugar. You may need a high fiber, nutrient dense, low fat, no added sugar diet. Too much salt may increase water weight.

7. Lost4words

Lost4words In reality, an old dog! Supporter

+3,863
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Depends what you are putting in your mouth. Diet is the key.

8. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+6,033
    Christian
    Yes, as long as you don't eat more calories than you ate without running. If you want to firm up your abs, be sure to include plenty of core focused exercises but the act of running requires you to exercise some core strength. Running should also increase endorphins which will help with the depression

9. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+6,033
    Christian
    Fat provides a longer sensation of fullness and represses hunger so a balance is necessary.

10. JAM2b

JAM2b Newbie

+1,568
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Overall fitness and muscle building causes you to burn more calories just in your normal daily activities because you body is able to work harder. Keep in mind while you are exercising, you aren't burning as many calories as you feel like you are. One candy bar can cancel out a whole workout or more. Exercise alone will not help you lose weight, unless you already have a healthy diet. Exercising has a lot of health and psychological benefits, even when significant weight isn't lost.

11. HisGraceAbounds

HisGraceAbounds Member Supporter

+77
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    Maybe. All the work in the world is useless if your diet is trash. As said earlier - there are lots of people who work very hard all day long who are fat. They are fat because they eat trash, eat like trash, and treat their body like trash nutritionally.

12. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,643
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    Yes and no.

It all boils down to caloric intake and being in a deficit to lose weight.

As for belly fat, not necessarily. You can't target where to burn fat.

13. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+187
    Christian
    Single
    The depression has been getting a lot better since I started. Though it also seems like I've been even more hungry then normal since I started too.'

I even ended up deciding to not go on my meds because of it.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019 at 11:41 AM
  14. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+5,164
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Without taking food into account, no promises. You're burning more calories than you were before you took this up, which will move you in that direction. But your appetite may begin to adjust for that. Many people better versed in fitness than me have said you can't outrun a bad diet. Now that you have an exercise regime established, look into how to eat better for the results you want.

Maybe. If you can feel as though you accomplished something, that's supposed to help you feel a little better, and it gives you something positive to recall when you're feeling negative. Give that time to build.

15. blackribbon

blackribbon Not a newbie

+6,033
    Christian
    If a doctor thinks you are on the meds, then you need to make this decision with his/her input or you might make things worse. If you mean you decided not to go to the doctor, then maybe. I'd start a mood diary which includes what you ate each day, what kind of exercise you did each day, what medications you took (herbal, over the counter, prescription, and things like alcohol or other recreational drugs) and how you felt that day including motivational level and satisfaction level to track what is going on and what might be help. This can also help a doctor or therapist help see your whole picture.

16. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+187
    Christian
    Single
    er sorry. I meant to say that I decided not go up on my meds because of the exercise. I still went to the doctor and reminding that I'm intending on going down on my meds just not right now. Just slowly over time.