Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No, you're getting worse and worse. And you can do better than this conversation The point is that power itself does not guarantee goodness. duh
You keep implying (if not outright saying) that God chooses to be good. And then you compared Him to Stalin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
My view of God is that God is love and He acts accordingly. What could possibly be skewed about that???
You think He could choose otherwise.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No, I said there's nothing inherent in being a creator-god that means that he couldn't be evil, or something other than love IOW
Which is still problematic because you either ignore His other attributes, or He elevates one over the others.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sacrifice is not mercy
Au contraire. . .there is much of the NT about which you seem to be uninformed.

"Forgive" is an accounting term, meaning "payment/cancellation of debt."
God's forgiveness is cancellation of our sin debt, where in mercy he provided payment of our debt by the sacrifice of his own Son.

"God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement (whom God set forth a propitiation; i.e., mercy) through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished--he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as
to be just (requiring payment) and the one who justifies (makes payment; makes righteous) those who have faith in Jesus." (Romans 3:25-26).

Sacrifice is mercy when that sacrifice saves me from having to pay my own sin debt; i.e., eternal punishment (Matthew 25:46).
Hosea 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
Context of Hosea 6:6? . . .God desired mercy (obedience), not insincere sacrifices (by the disobedient).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Alright, so you acknowedge that we're changed, for the better, that we now have a righteousness that we didn't possess before, rather than a strictly declared righteousness.
I'm thinking Mark Quayle acknowledged no such thing when the NT teaches in Romans 4:1-11 that we have the same declared righteousness (justification); i.e., imputed (reckoned/credited) righteousness, as did Abraham in Genesis 15:6.

And since that justification is by faith--which is repentance, changing of one's mind/life and believing God, their life following shows it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And yet everything God does must be be for the greatest good, for the good of His creation, in order to be consistent with the God revealed by Jesus.
And you know that God's greatest good is his creation, how?
You know that God does not have a higher good than creation; i.e., his glory, how?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm thinking Mark Quayle acknowledged no such thing when the NT teaches in Romans 4:1-11 that we have the same declared righteousness (justification); i.e., imputed/reckoned/credited righteousness, as did Abraham in Genesis 15:6.
well, that's sort of strange then because he's talked about the justified person behaving better

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And James further clarifies that faith and works cannot be separate:
"You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone."
Yes, a person is declared righteous (justified) by true faith, not counterfeit faith.
And true faith must have works or it is not true faith,
but it is not true faith's works which make righteous (justify),
it is true faith by itself, apart from its necessary works, which justifies (Romans 3:28).

And in addition to the declared imputed (reckoned/credited) righteousness of justification by faith (Romans 4:11) apart from works (Romans 3:28), there is also the righteousness of sanctification by obedience in the Holy Spirit, which leads to righteousness leading to holiness (Romans 6:16-19).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0