Will you know when you've been regenerated?

Would you know when you have been regenerated?

• Total voters

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So new life [God's seed] remains in those who just believe in Christ. SO MURDERERS, Rapist, and the such who believe in Christ are born from above ??
If they truly believe in the true Christ, they will do none of the above. Here's why:

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:9–10)

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to understand Salvation from the blankest state I can.
And Would like to know of your experiences with regeneration.

Growing up under a Baptist teachings
What I thought I understood was that once you believed Jesus was Lord and savior you were saved at that very moment. So I am down for anyone that has studied or been enlightened of this process of salvation; if is it such a process? This is for open discussion to arrive at understanding. So it would be helpful to evidence your thoughts through scriptures.
It's not about some big dramatic thing, even if we've experienced something of that nature. And no, Virginia, its not about faith alone anyway. It's what we do with that faith and any other gifts God gives as we continue to walk with Him. The Parable of the Talents sheds much light here. We know ourselves by our fruits, by how we've changed, by what we do "for the least of these", by how well we love. Then He's the judge in the final end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If they truly believe in the true Christ, they will do none of the above. Here's why:

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:9–10)
I guess what I was trying to get you to clarify
Is what does belief mean and who and what one needs to believe....

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The washing of regeneration and renewal of the spirit..sounds more like initial..
That's what I think too.

But Ephesians 2:8 is how we are delivered/have zoe life/saved now as we live. [Soul]
Here we would disagree. I believe that verse deals totally with our spirit and not our soul, because it specifically says "not of works" and that is in reference to 'our works'. I view our 'first' salvation as that of our spirit, which is not saved 'not by our works' but because of the faith and work of Jesus.

For first one must believe That He is who the father says He is, however that comes about.
I believe it came about for me the same way that knowledge came about to Peter as to 'who' Jesus was. "Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you but my Father in heaven." Personally I'm pretty sure that by this time Jesus had told the disciples he was the Christ and son of the Father...don't you? But what Jesus is saying, is exactly what I said earlier...my/Jesus job to get a new idea in someones head, but it is the Father's job to get it into your heart by the revelation from the Spirit.

With that believed He is initially saved...would you agree??
His spirit is saved, YES! And only your spirit is OSAS. But then you must "work out your (soul's) salvation with fear and trembling."

For scripture says...I believe in Gal 2:16...
That even we believed in Him in order to be justified by the faith of Him.
BINGO. :oldthumbsup: It was HIS faith that saved your spirit and not 'your faith'. It was then his righteousness 'imputed' to you. But you will only see 'the truth' you just mentioned above in the KJV. Most modern translations incorrectly translate the Greek word correctly in Gal 2:16 and Phi 3:9.

PHI 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith OF Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

As for the Ephesiana 2:8 I believe that this is how we are delivered /saved/ sanctified today.
Compare Ephesians with the "Baptism that saves us now"in 1 Peter 3 around the 21st verse.
As I said earlier, I believe that 'generally' speaking justification is for your spirit's salvation and sanctification is for your soul's salvation which begins (or not, depends on you) AFTER your spirit gets saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess what I was trying to get you to clarify
Is what does belief mean and who and what one needs to believe....

“The one who believes in the Son has eternal life. The one who rejects the Son will not see life, but God’s wrath remains on him.” (John 3:36)

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I guess from what I was previously taught...I could have if I wanted to...thought I was saved. But there is a difference between a thought and to Know.
Yet it could just be that I had "Him" and didn't know until I acted. Which is where all my issue concerning the understanding of salvation stem from. As some ministers present: one believes and receives the spirit[therefore] saved from trespasses and sin and now will go to heaven when they die? Is this true? You can go through merely believing who He is? I must have missed out on the difference between conversion and regeneration...confession and profession.
And now left somewhere in the air....

For when I truly was forgiven and knew....I did really know....and I was excited, on fire, God's word came alive....it was an experience for me...but truly one of life..Joy and Peace.....and Having known of this Goodness that God was merciful and gracious to forgive me....How can I not want to do the things that I believe allowed God to show up in my life to grant me peace....I did repent, confessed my sins and sincerely called up on His name....because I didn't have life without Him....and this life just had no meaning nor purpose.......oh how now I just want Whatever He has for me....and to continue to know again like before...and sometimes Its like I can almost see that light at the end of the tunnel... I pray but I am not always sure He hears my prayers....yet My eyes are open to my lack of faith in Areas of my life too...that if I merely step out...I must believe He will catch me.
Hi Sister ...I believe a lot of people " got saved " following an alter call which speaks to " assurance of salvation " ..In other words ..the preacher says while the pianist plays Just as I am ..." If you are not absolutely sure when you die where you will go " just do xyz ... My own personal experience was when the Lord awoke me to my lostness ( outside of a church setting ) and the fact that He loved me enough to make me aware of sin and my condition ( despite me being wicked ) broke my heart and I repented . For me anyway , it is not a "done deal " ..I am still "working out my salvation with fear and trembling . " I know I am justified by God's Word but the being transformed into his image is a growing and learning process ....and by the way ..not easy for me ....otherwise why did Jesus say " Straight is the gate , an narrow is the way . " Why all the letters of Paul ..why didn't everyone preach " Get Saved " ? Endeavor for the faith once delivered to the saints was written to BELIEVERS ..not atheist . Because we are influenced by words , I do not do the whole movie and tv thing like many Christians feel they have the liberty to do ...thus the admonition ...keep yourself unspotted from the world . I am glad you are looking into this sister ..Without faith it is impossible to please God for you must believe that He is AND He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek HIM ...not those who diligently sought Him . Keep pressing forward . ( Israel means He who wrestles with God . )

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's not about some big dramatic thing, even if we've experienced something of that nature. And no, Virginia, its not about faith alone anyway. It's what we do with that faith and any other gifts God gives as we continue to walk with Him. The Parable of the Talents sheds much light here. We know ourselves by our fruits, by how we've changed, by what we do "for the least of these", by how well we love. Then He's the judge in the final end.

"Its what we do with that faith"

"We know ourselves by our fruits"
Would you like to go into detail on what this has to do with regeneration, or "initial salvation" or "salvation"

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Sister ...I believe a lot of people " got saved " following an alter call which speaks to " assurance of salvation " ..In other words ..the preacher says while the pianist plays Just as I am ..." If you are not absolutely sure when you die where you will go " just do xyz ... My own personal experience was when the Lord awoke me to my lostness ( outside of a church setting ) and the fact that He loved me enough to make me aware of sin and my condition ( despite me being wicked ) broke my heart and I repented . For me anyway , it is not a "done deal " ..I am still "working out my salvation with fear and trembling . " I know I am justified by God's Word but the being transformed into his image is a growing and learning process ....and by the way ..not easy for me ....otherwise why did Jesus say " Straight is the gate , an narrow is the way . " Why all the letters of Paul ..why didn't everyone preach " Get Saved " ? Endeavor for the faith once delivered to the saints was written to BELIEVERS ..not atheist . Because we are influenced by words , I do not do the whole movie and tv thing like many Christians feel they have the liberty to do ...thus the admonition ...keep yourself unspotted from the world . I am glad you are looking into this sister ..Without faith it is impossible to please God for you must believe that He is AND He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek HIM ...not those who diligently sought Him . Keep pressing forward . ( Israel means He who wrestles with God . )
Thanks for sharing...nice to feel the spirit[heart] of folks in what's said through their written words

I know I am justified by God's Word
How do you know you have been justified by God's word?

Thanks for the encouragement...my thought is I believe we should always be at peace and have Joy....I mean aren't we in the kingdom now? If so, and the kingdom is Peace and Joy in the Holy spirit....and we don't have peace....shouldn't one question why? I mean are we in the kingdom or did we leave it?

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
“The one who believes in the Son has eternal life. The one who rejects the Son will not see life, but God’s wrath remains on him.” (John 3:36)
How does one believers in the son? Believeth in the son for what?
Does one need to continual to believeth
[What ever it is they are suppose to believeth]to keep eternal life? Is eternal life a person? If they stop believething are they under condemnation?

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's what I think too.

Here we would disagree. I believe that verse deals totally with our spirit and not our soul, because it specifically says "not of works" and that is in reference to 'our works'. I view our 'first' salvation as that of our spirit, which is not saved 'not by our works' but because of the faith and work of Jesus.

I believe it came about for me the same way that knowledge came about to Peter as to 'who' Jesus was. "Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you but my Father in heaven." Personally I'm pretty sure that by this time Jesus had told the disciples he was the Christ and son of the Father...don't you? But what Jesus is saying, is exactly what I said earlier...my/Jesus job to get a new idea in someones head, but it is the Father's job to get it into your heart by the revelation from the Spirit.

His spirit is saved, YES! And only your spirit is OSAS. But then you must "work out your (soul's) salvation with fear and trembling."

BINGO. :oldthumbsup: It was HIS faith that saved your spirit and not 'your faith'. It was then his righteousness 'imputed' to you. But you will only see 'the truth' you just mentioned above in the KJV. Most modern translations incorrectly translate the Greek word correctly in Gal 2:16 and Phi 3:9.

PHI 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith OF Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

As I said earlier, I believe that 'generally' speaking justification is for your spirit's salvation and sanctification is for your soul's salvation which begins (or not, depends on you) AFTER your spirit gets saved.

Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

So question when is our Spirit saved?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Its what we do with that faith"

"We know ourselves by our fruits"
Would you like to go into detail on what this has to do with regeneration, or "initial salvation" or "salvation"
If we're looking for proof of our justified status, observe whether or not we walk justly, and increasingly so. We do nothing to save ourselves except to accept God's offer, which we could always reject-just as we can refuse and turn back away from Him at any step along the way afterwards. The will is always involved to one degree or another. The more we will rightly-and act accordingly- the greater our own justice or righteousness even as this authentic justice comes only in partnership with God.

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If we're looking for proof of our justified status, observe whether or not we walk justly, and increasingly so. We do nothing to save ourselves except to accept God's offer, which we could always reject-just as we can refuse and turn back away from Him at any step along the way afterwards. The will is always involved to one degree or another. The more we will rightly-and act accordingly- the greater our own justice or righteousness even as this authentic justice comes only in partnership with God.
When and how does man receive a justified Status?

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to understand Salvation from the blankest state I can.
And Would like to know of your experiences with regeneration.

Growing up under a Baptist teachings
What I thought I understood was that once you believed Jesus was Lord and savior you were saved at that very moment. So I am down for anyone that has studied or been enlightened of this process of salvation; if is it such a process? This is for open discussion to arrive at understanding. So it would be helpful to evidence your thoughts through scriptures.
When we read the gospels, we find that Jesus called men to repent. If they already were repenting, then salvation was offered. THis easy "accept Jesus" message as led to many still births, as it were. The people pray the prayer and walk away as unsaved as ever.

That is because the true gospel is to repent of our sins and ask God for forgiveness and keep doing so until you are forgiven. When a person has seen the awefulness of their sin, repented, and experienced forgiveness, then they are regenerated. This dry eyed, feelingless merely saying the words of "I believe" is not it. IF a person has never seen their own sin, they have never seen the cross nor needed it. Wanting to avoid hell is not enough.

Reactions: corinth77777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

daydreamer40

Sep 15, 2018
inverness
✟17,968.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
When and how does man receive a justified Status?
But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness/justification is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.Rom3:21&22

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does one believers in the son? Believeth in the son for what?
Does one need to continual to believeth
[What ever it is they are suppose to believeth]to keep eternal life? Is eternal life a person? If they stop believething are they under condemnation?
The way I understand, God first saves us by giving us a new heart of love and faith. Many times this happens as we hear the gospel. But we have nothing to do with this new birth, just as we had nothing to do with our physical birth. It is purely by grace. Based on this we discern the true Christ and believe in him as our Lord and savior. And we desire to flee sin and embrace righteousness. You know you are born again because you believe in Christ. People not born again do not believe in him and think it is foolishness.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Regeneration is the point where God justifies you in Jesus Christ, transforms your heart from loving the things of this world and hating God to hating the things of this world and loving God. You no longer desire to be disobedient to God. You no longer love your sin. You come to hate your sin and you desire to be purified by God.

Sanctification is a life long process that God uses to grow you in your faith in Jesus Christ, to put a search light in the dark corners of your soul and root out the evil that is hidden in your heart and purify your heart with the truth of God and who you are in Christ Jesus. You hunger to know more and more of God's truth. You hunger to read His word of the Bible frequently. You come to hate the things that draw you away from Him. You heart grows in compassion for those who do not yet know the Lord Jesus Christ, and you greatly desire that they would come to know Him and turn from their sins and rebellion against. You are in constant prayer communion with God. You greatly love to be with the brothers and sisters in Christ. You love to sit and learn from biblical teaching. You develop a passion for God's glory. You seek to make less of you and more of God.

Just some of the things that happen.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

So question when is our Spirit saved?
Question; why did you capitalize Spirit?

Your spirit is saved when it is “born again/born from above. Your spirit is saved when it become “a new creation and all things become new.” You aren’t a ‘thing’ and you didn’t become ‘all new’ with only the salvation of your "new creation" spirit. If your body was fat, ugly, sick when you said 'yes' it will still be so the next day. And your 'stinkin thinkin' soul will still have all the old "strongholds" of thought concerning things..... 'until' you start tearing down those old arguments and thinking processes contrary to true knowledge of God. IOW you are 'putting on the mind of Christ' and having "Christ formed in you" as you do so. AND with your saved...holy spirit of Christ in you....you are working on the progressive salvation of your soul (mind, will, emotions) until the day you're dead....or you become "perfect".

This is spoken to 'the church'.
2CO 10:4 for the weapons of our warfare are not worldly but have divine power to destroy strongholds. 5 We destroy arguments and every proud obstacle to the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,

But if you died right after saying YES for the first time, you will still ‘go to heaven’ because you have 100% of the righteousness of Christ ‘imputed’ into your ‘go to heaven account'. Now, as much as you 'withdraw' from that account and 'walk' in will determine NOT GOING TO HEAVEN, but instead the degree to which you work out the salvation of your soul. And 'that' will determine the 'REWARDS IN HEAVEN' which you will receive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0