Will you know when you've been regenerated?

Would you know when you have been regenerated?

• Total voters

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you are forgetting one thing, Christ is God, is the God before time.

so it doesnt really start with Christ, it starts before Christ became Christ = the triune God.

and in this aspect God "PURPOSED" and the "CHOSE" a people for Himself.

THAT IS the beginning of salvation, NOT MAN, NOT CHRIST (in time), but GOD (before time began).

its not that complicated really. it simply asks the reasons WHY GOD sent CHRIST in the first place, and not start on why Christ died.
"Its not that complicated really" what are you referencing?
I have yet to finish meditating on your 2nd comment...anything I must meditate on to get an understanding is complicated to me.
You may not know this but I take the yellow bus home..

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you believe in Christ, you've been regenerated. You would not be able to believe in him, nor would you want to if not born again.
So new life [God's seed] remains in those who just believe in Christ. SO MURDERERS, Rapist, and the such who believe in Christ are born from above ??

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not looking to debate... take it as its written. We have David saying.. I will call on the lord and He will save me. Who so ever calls on the name of the lord shall be saved. We have who ever believes in Him (Yeshua/Jesus) shall be saved. Blessed are those that have never seen and believe.

Now for ME..if I was there and this man that.. wow no other man looks like sounds like Him...theres something about Him...just shines (we ALL should have that). And I hear Him say.. who ever comes to me.. I will give you rest.. man do I need it. He says if we just believe the Father sent Him.. if we just believe in Him He will give us ever lasting life.

It has not changed. If you take HIM at His word (words) for HE can not lie. You will not some day be saved. You are. For ALL things have become new. We put off the OLD MAN/WOMAN.. and put on the NEW man which after GOD IS "will not some day be" but IS created in righteousness and true holiness. You are WE ALL are righteous. The Father sees us through Christ.. how else can one go before STANDING BOLDLY before the throne of Grace? How can NOW be seated with HIM in heavenly places? Unless you ARE in right standing with the Father aka righteousness.

Ever wonder how if that which is born again (born from above) does not sin. Does not.. can not sin. WHAT was born from above? Not the flesh.. flesh LOVES to sin.. for the things I should do I dont the things I dont want to do I do.. its no longer I... ME that sins but the sin that is in me.

You have a NEW spirit.. that NEW spirit can not sin. There is no way.. its impossible for it to DIE again. Christ has finished it. He died for ALL the sins that were or will ever be. Its over. We still can sin.. this FLESH has not changed. Christ as Paul told the Jewish people that would try to offer a sacrifice for there sinning.. Can Christ die again? There is NO MORE sacrifice for that sin. This all falls under born from above. He when you simply believed gave you a new spirit.

This is not something you can feel hear or see. It has nothing to do with the flesh. If one trys to look at this through the flesh you will never understand. Its spiritual not fleshly. Not of this world.

IF you still get to the point where you still cant see ... ask HIM that is in you to show you. Your the daughter of a GOD.. that Father came for YOU! Gave you everlasting life. So.. it this GOD left heaven to save you.. WOW what else.. does He have in store for you! AWESOME! So.. ask Him.. to open your eyes to see ..ask for wisdom. He gives it to any that ask. KNOW He hears you.. KNOW He WILL answer
Ok...

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
you are forgetting one thing, Christ is God, is the God before time.

so it doesnt really start with Christ, it starts before Christ became Christ = the triune God.

and in this aspect God "PURPOSED" and the "CHOSE" a people for Himself.

THAT IS the beginning of salvation, NOT MAN, NOT CHRIST (in time), but GOD (before time began).

its not that complicated really. it simply asks the reasons WHY GOD sent CHRIST in the first place, and not start on why Christ died.
Christ has always been.. From before time...everything that was ever made was made by Him.. even time.

Remember?

John 1:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to understand Salvation from the blankest state I can.
And Would like to know of your experiences with regeneration.

Growing up under a Baptist teachings
What I thought I understood was that once you believed Jesus was Lord and savior you were saved at that very moment. So I am down for anyone that has studied or been enlightened of this process of salvation; if is it such a process? This is for open discussion to arrive at understanding. So it would be helpful to evidence your thoughts through scriptures.

Are you asking about what Calvinist's call the "ordo salutis" of salvation, the order in which one comes to salvation? I'm not a Calvinist, so I don't think God first regenerates a person and then enables that person to accept the Gospel and trust in Christ. Such a view, it seems to me, rather puts the cart before the horse. I think a person hears the Gospel (which is the power of God unto salvation), and then is convicted and persuaded to salvation by it and the work of the Spirit in a person's mind and heart, and then exercises saving faith in Christ and so is born again.

www.soteriology101.com

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you asking about what Calvinist's call the "ordo salutis" of salvation, the order in which one comes to salvation? I'm not a Calvinist, so I don't think God first regenerates a person and then enables that person to accept the Gospel and trust in Christ. Such a view, it seems to me, rather puts the cart before the horse. I think a person hears the Gospel (which is the power of God unto salvation), and then is convicted and persuaded to salvation by it and the work of the Spirit in a person's mind and heart, and then exercises saving faith in Christ and so is born again.

www.soteriology101.com
Maybe that is exactly where the regenated person begins.[gospel]..yet someone put the gospel message in place.
Yet what part of the gospel regenerates-that allows a man to have new life or be born again?

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I HAVE A FEELing IT'S THE SPIRIT OF Christ..
And I do believe I get it already...why you said "one spirit" because we are a new creation..but the rest still might have to settle or resonate in my head....smile
:oldthumbsup:

DOESN'T CHRIST LIVE FOREVER TO INTERCEED FOR THOSE WHO COME TO HIM?
DIDN'T HE RISE FOR OUR JUSTIFICATION?
:amen::amen: and again I say:amen:

You may not believe this like I do, but I 'generally' see justification is for the spirit, sanctification is for the soul and glorification is for the body.

The following scripture is another example of poor translating by KJV guys who should have never capitalized spirit in the following verse. It actually doesn't even make sense.

KJV 1TI 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit,

The following translation makes more sense concerning the spirit of Jesus. Keeping in mind that 'the Word of God became flesh', or 'the body' of Jesus. But His human spirit was justified at his physical birth because he was procreated by the Spirit but certainly not 'in the Spirit' (with a capital, which would make it mean the 'Holy' Spirit. But the spirit in Jesus was the spirit of Christ. Which is the same spirit we have after our spirit is 'born AGAIN'

YLT 1TI 3:16 and, confessedly, great is the secret of piety - God (the Word) was manifested in flesh (body of Jesus), declared righteous/justified in spirit,

If the spirit in Jesus was the Holy Spirit, then why didn't the KJV and ALL other translations I know of NOT CAPITALIZE spirit in the following verse?

LUK 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit:

Not "Our Spirit" and not "the Spirit", but His spirit, the spirit of Christ in Jesus.

P.S. So what are you studying in your Tuesday night bible study?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'll start here and respond in mini bites
Are you sure this passage above is in the past....?
I think it is, because we're talking about the initial act of faith for a new believer's salvation, I think. And the 'first' salvation is always of the spirit being 'born again' into the family of God. Do you think otherwise? If you do then share what you think.

I was writing the last post when you posted this. So if you want to just not respond to the longer post and go bite size from here I'm OK with that.

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:oldthumbsup:

:amen::amen: and again I say:amen:

You may not believe this like I do, but I 'generally' see justification is for the spirit, sanctification is for the soul and glorification is for the body.

The following scripture is another example of poor translating by KJV guys who should have never capitalized spirit in the following verse. It actually doesn't even make sense.

KJV 1TI 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit,

The following translation makes more sense concerning the spirit of Jesus. Keeping in mind that 'the Word of God became flesh', or 'the body' of Jesus. But His human spirit was justified at his physical birth because he was procreated by the Spirit but certainly not 'in the Spirit' (with a capital, which would make it mean the 'Holy' Spirit. But the spirit in Jesus was the spirit of Christ. Which is the same spirit we have after our spirit is 'born AGAIN'

YLT 1TI 3:16 and, confessedly, great is the secret of piety - God (the Word) was manifested in flesh (body of Jesus), declared righteous/justified in spirit,

If the spirit in Jesus was the Holy Spirit, then why didn't the KJV and ALL other translations I know of NOT CAPITALIZE spirit in the following verse?

LUK 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit:

Not "Our Spirit" and not "the Spirit", but His spirit, the spirit of Christ in Jesus.

P.S. So what are you studying in your Tuesday night bible study?
Very good stuff...I will have to read it several times.....
I'm still looking over the scriptures you left..
What you stated actually answers my questions in that area...I lean in that direction 79 percent but must confirm for the 100 %
I kept telling my brother in law I was not saved...lol...they said yes you are...I said no I'm not....for part of salvation is that :you know what it is you have when you walk in it...this is the boldness we will have on judgement day. "Who will be able to stand?"...they ask...I kind of feel what is not purified now...will be when Christ comes back...recall His reward is with Him..Will His light scourge you or make you brighter?...smile
I had this very conversation with my father on salvation in whom is/was a pastor and went to Fuller Theological Seminary.

And our conversation couldn't get passed..
His understand of imputed righteousness.
And pride is a killer of growth....that just doesn't allow one to open their eyes...

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it is, because we're talking about the initial act of faith for a new believer's salvation, I think. And the 'first' salvation is always of the spirit being 'born again' into the family of God. Do you think otherwise? If you do then share what you think.

I was writing the last post when you posted this. So if you want to just not respond to the longer post and go bite size from here I'm OK with that.
I don't want to be dogmatic about any answer...for I have found in the past words change with culture.

The washing of regeneration and renewal of the spirit..sounds more like initial..

But Ephesians 2:8 is how we are delivered/have zoe life/saved now as we live. [Soul]

For first one must believe That He is who the father says He is, however that comes about.

With that believed He is initially saved...would you agree??

For scripture says...I believe in Gal 2:16...
That even we believed in Him in order to be justified by the faith of Him.

As for the Ephesiana 2:8 I believe that this is how we are delivered /saved/ sanctified today.
Compare Ephesians with the "Baptism that saves us now"in 1 Peter 3 around the 21st verse.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Very good stuff...I will have to read it several times.....
I'm still looking over the scriptures you left..
I can only try to get something into your head, as far as 'new thinking', but it will have to be the 'Hholy Sspirit' which quickens it into your heart. And that comes from exactly what you just said; read those verses and 'meditate' on them. He will lead and guide you into the truth.

What you stated actually answers my questions in that area...I lean in that direction 79 percent but must confirm for the 100 %
Then as we go on I will reiterate points with other scriptures. I believe you'll see this view answers so may questions and settles so many of the never ending fights here. That's what it has done for me.
I kept telling my brother in law I was not saved...lol...they said yes you are...I said no I'm not....for part of salvation is that :you know what it is you have when you walk in it...this is the boldness we will have on judgement day. "Who will be able to stand?"...they ask...I kind of feel what is not purified now...will be when Christ comes back...recall His reward is with Him..Will His light scourge you or make you brighter?...smile
I had this very conversation with my father on salvation in whom is/was a pastor and went to Fuller Theological Seminary.
I think your brother was coming from and understanding of your 'relationship' with God in spirit, but you are coming from the scriptures which pertain 'not to relationship with God, but fellowship with Him. If your spirit got saved your relationship can NOT change. On earth you are the son of your earthly father and that can never change. You can be adopted to others and you can renounce your last name and you can seek legal emancipation but your father will always be your father and you will always be his son by birth. But your fellowship with your father CAN DIE. That is the story of the prodigal son. He forsook it all and left. But when he returned his 'father' said this my son who was DEAD is alive again." The father never meant hat boy was dead physically, and he was never dead in their relationship. But their fellowship was DEAD until he returned to his rejoicing father. Hope that makes sense. If your spirit is born from above your relationship with God is a done deal. But you must work on your fellowship and that means working out the salvation of your soul/mind so that you put on the mind of Christ. And that takes time for us;

GAL 4:19 My little children, with whom I am again in travail until Christ be formed in you!
We are born his little children OSAS relationship. But sonship requires maturing as Jesus did in "stature and favor with God" as even He Jesus worked out the salvation of His soul through fellowship with the Father.

And our conversation couldn't get passed..
His understand of imputed righteousness.
And pride is a killer of growth....that just doesn't allow one to open their eyes...
Does your brother even acknowledge that there is also 'imparted righteousness' which comes for the salvation of your soul AFTER the 'imputed righteousness' of Christ has been given to you for the salvation of your spirit?

That's how I see things and it all fits answering so many arguments for those living with a 1/2 truth understanding of salvation. They will never come to unity of theology until they see the other sides 1/2 and make it fit with their half. But most Christians/denominations are simply concrete believers.....all mixed up and hard to change.

I'm quitting for the night. Just lately I've been trying to quit spending so much time on CF, but this exchange with you has been refreshing. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's getting deep but right up my Alley...after I come back from Bible study I'll respond....
Some months ago I was actually studying if there was a difference between a holy ghost and Holy Spirit
I HAVE A FEELing IT'S THE SPIRIT OF Christ..
And I do believe I get it already...why you said "one spirit" because we are a new creation..but the rest still might have to settle or resonate in my head....smile
Let me know if my understanding is going in the direction of your thinking...
Thanks for taking time out to respond...can't wait to hear more!
The same Greek word "pneuma" is translated 'spirit" and "ghost".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The same Greek word "pneuma" is translated 'spirit" and "ghost".
I studied that subject around a year ago...and what I came to understand for myself is just like water depending on the atmosphere it takes on at different state. So also the spirit and therefore the different Greek forms probably used for pnuema. As a woman name changes when married...

Upvote 0

Geralt

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2016
GB
Visit site
✟67,802.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
this is already off-topic. but there was no Jesus nor Christ in the Old Testament, that you would agree. So when you referenced Christ as the Word, that was Christ before he became Christ (Messiah).

Christ has always been.. From before time...everything that was ever made was made by Him.. even time.

Remember?

John 1:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe that is exactly where the regenated person begins.[gospel]..yet someone put the gospel message in place.
Yet what part of the gospel regenerates-that allows a man to have new life or be born again?

The Gospel has no particular part that regenerates a person. It is the Holy Spirit who regenerates (Titus 3:5) in response to a person's profession of faith in Christ as Saviour and Lord. (Romans 10:9-10)

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
this is already off-topic. but there was no Jesus nor Christ in the Old Testament, that you would agree. So when you referenced Christ as the Word, that was Christ before he became Christ (Messiah).
Really? No "Christ" in the OT?

Let me disagree and say this... The OT, Christ concealed, the NT Christ revealed.

The entire OT is parallels and foreshadowing of Christ and His coming. Look at Jonah, Jacob, The Passover.......Oh, and He does show up a couple of times, if you know what to look for as well.

Upvote 0