Will you choose life and vote for Trump?

Who will you vote for in the 2020 Presidential Election?

• Trump

• Biden

• Other

• I won't vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟200,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All words are vehicles to express a sentiment. Very well. The words used as vehicles in this case do not say what you (and all the other people you don't want to be associated with) have claimed. And that is all there is to this.
Trump is indicating that Mexico is beating us at the border (context of a contest) and he perceives a personally demeaning intent by saying that they are laughing at our stupidity:
DONALD TRUMP: When do we beat Mexico at the border?
They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity.

Trump now claims Mexico is beating us economically, and he uses the term "now". The term "now" could mean they were not before or "as well as at the border":
DONALD TRUMP: And now they are beating us economically.

Trump says they are not our friend which carries the implication that they are destructive to us in their intentions to beat us whether at the border or economically:
DONALD TRUMP: They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically.

Trump believes that the immigrants that come here are the refuse from other nations. He probably means people seeking asylum at the border:
DONALD TRUMP: The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.

Trump believes it to be the Truth that Mexico sends their refuse over the border with the exception of some people:
DONALD TRUMP: Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest.
When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Trump claims the border guards are informing "us" of this:
DONALD TRUMP: But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting.

Trump is claiming that it's also common sense that Mexico would not send the right people:
And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense.
They’re sending us not the right people.

What should be noticed is that what Trump says is typically laced in terms of vanity which compares the worth/value of some people over other people. Hence he does not see others as himself which requires empathy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why should he be the only one who isn't entitled to it? Or did you just drop in here without reading any of the earlier posts? ;)
Good point! I think the problem lies more in the "broad brush" nature of the statement, you're right that's the part I should have addressed...instead of doing my own "broad brush" response. :sorry:
tulc(thanks Albion for pointing it out) :wave:

• Agree
Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The accusations keep changing. Now the complaint is that Trump isn't polite or deferential towards Mexico. But that isn't where we started. The part that was the critical issue in the beginning didn't even come in for a mention.

That being so, I will take to heart the point you finally got around to. You just do not like the President regardless of what he says. So noted. Big whoop.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟200,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is what makes him so appealing to his followers. A politicians that talks and thinks just like them. No double speak.
I believe that God does not give insight so as to lord it over others, but to enable us to serve others who don't/can't see. In that sense I don't believe we're any better than Trump's followers in God's eyes and according to it being His wisdom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟200,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The accusations keep changing. Now the complaint is that Trump isn't polite or deferential towards Mexico. But that isn't where we started. The part that was the critical issue in the beginning didn't even come in for a mention.
What accusations? What critical issue? Please qualify your terms.

That being so, I will take to heart the point you finally got around to. You just do not like the President regardless of what he says. So noted. Big whoop.
Not true. I'm no better than him when it comes to any carnal comparisons. I'd love to hear him say something that came from God.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've never looked at that. What were they?
Roe vs Wade -
Vote - 7 for 2 against

Warren E. Burger - R Presbyterian Nominated by Nixon

William O. Douglas - D Presbyterian Nominated by Roosevelt

William J. Brennan, Jr. - D Catholic Nominated by Eisenhower

Potter Stewart - R Episcopalian Nominated by Eisenhower

Byron White - D Episcopalian Nominated by Kennedy voted against

Thurgood Marshall - D Episcopalian Nominated by Johnson

Harry Blackmun - R Methodist Nominated by Nixon - authour of Roe vs Wade and "a passionate advocate for abortion rights"

Lewis F. Powell, Jr. - R Presbyterian Nominated by by Nixon

William Rehnquist - R Nominated by by Nixon voted against

• Informative
Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟812,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Roe vs Wade -
Vote - 7 for 2 against

Warren E. Burger - R Presbyterian Nominated by Nixon

William O. Douglas - D Presbyterian Nominated by Roosevelt

William J. Brennan, Jr. - D Catholic Nominated by Eisenhower

Potter Stewart - R Episcopalian Nominated by Eisenhower

Byron White - D Episcopalian Nominated by Kennedy voted against

Thurgood Marshall - D Episcopalian Nominated by Johnson

Harry Blackmun - R Methodist Nominated by Nixon - authour of Roe vs Wade and "a passionate advocate for abortion rights"

Lewis F. Powell, Jr. - R Presbyterian Nominated by by Nixon

William Rehnquist - R Nominated by by Nixon voted against
Very interesting. I knew the court was 6-3 with a Conservative flavor but I didn't know that one of Kennedy's voted against abortion. That would mean only one of 6 Conservative judges voted against the issue.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟200,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tell you what. Suppose you post the actual quote of what President Trump said, what he actually said, which has you all upset here.
Here is what you said Trump is meaning: In regard to any group you chose to designate there will be criminal elements inherent within. That is called humanity and is a reflection of human nature.

TRUMP: The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems. Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

The context is that the U.S. has become the dumping ground of everybody elses problems. Trump is saying to the audience that Mexico is not sending their best which means we're getting the one's with problems. Then Trump says "they are not sending you". "they're not sending you". "They are sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us." This necessarily means that these people with problems are not like you/us, which means you/we are not like them with their problems.

So since these people are not like us according to Trump, then Trump cannot be expressing a sentiment that there is always criminal elements in any designated group. Otherwise they'd be just like us, a normal reflection of human nature.

I realize that Trump indicates that there are probably some exceptions when he says, And some, I assume, are good people. But the overall sentiment is that the U.S. has become the dumping ground of other people's problems not other people's benefits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums