Will you choose life and vote for Trump?

Who will you vote for in the 2020 Presidential Election?

• Trump

• Biden

• Other

• I won't vote

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My proof is he's perfectly fine with people dying if it will get his bottom line fatter,

I'm not sure that's what a "pro-life" person is going to be in favor of. But someone who only cares about getting "single issue voters" to support him? That's not even a stretch. :wave:
tulc(found more coffee and is very happy) :clap:

How sad and discouraging
and not true.
Guess, you think you know Trump well.
Don't think so.

Looks like he's ahead in this poll 2 to 1.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
President Trump didn’t work for the circus during his youth.
Are you sure?

He’s never been a clown.
...but I have a picture of him in what looks a lot like "clown makeup"
f23976a0-f103-4c43-844a-d879a60eb609_750x422.jpg

In fact, he’s a polished businessman who knows how to get the job done.
...with 6 bankruptcies, 13 failed businesses,
A Complete List of Donald Trump’s Business Disasters
two divorces
How many wives has Donald Trump had?
and having to pay a inappropriate content star $130,000
Stormy Daniels–Donald Trump scandal - Wikipedia
I'm not real sure what "the job" you seem to think he's getting done is. :sorry:
tulc(the above? that's kind of what "supported the point" looks like) :wave:

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Border walls were invented in the Bible days
for good reason.
I know many who came here legally
and showed respect as they waited in line.
Taking cuts is not the American way.

Many good people in other Countries
that have been waiting in line for years.
Patiently waiting their turn.

M-Bob

In Bible days there were city walls but no border walls. Throughout history city walls were regularly breached and when border walls were eventually built they too were breached. More recently an "iron curtain" was built but it too is history.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In Bible days there were city walls but no border walls.
Sure there were. The Great Wall of China meets that standard and so does Hadrian's wall in northern Britain. Closer to the lands of the Bible, the Amorite Wall was constructed to keep out invaders in what is now Iraq.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How sad and discouraging
and not true.
Guess, you think you know Trump well. (snip)
I just remember something James said in his letter:
James 2: 18 said:
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
I've known way to many Christian talkers to be impressed by what people say, I tend to look at what they do more than that. Don't tell me you're pro-life, show me you're pro-life :wave:
tulc(just a thought)

• Winner
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In Bible days there were city walls but no border walls. Throughout history city walls were regularly breached and when border walls were eventually built they too were breached. More recently an "iron curtain" was built but it too is history.

All countries have borders that should be respected.
Of course some don't follow the law.
Sad.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many here probably never owned a business and wouldn't know how to run one if given to them.

You didn't build that business.
Who said that?
Just another that never had one.
Takes a lot of hard work --
most would not even know where to start.
M

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How sad and discouraging
and not true.
Guess, you think you know Trump well.
Don't think so.

Looks like he's ahead in this poll 2 to 1.

M-Bob
I will choose life but I won't vote for Trump.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟448,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Alas, the American Solidarity Party is not on the ballot in any state.

The Constitution Party is similarly pro-life, however, and is also explicitly Christian. It is on the ballot in 15 states.

That is fine if someone is single or heavily issued on abortion. Pick either one and fight to get them enough support to become a viable third party. My point was more illustrative and either party will do. If someone says they are supporting the Republicans because they oppose abortion I'd say they are chasing windmills

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Despite Trump’s imperfections, I’ll be casting my vote for him during the 2020 Presidential Election. Why would I vote for him if I think some of his views are dubious? Because Trump is pro-life.
First, I respect your choice and I do not hate people who disagree with me. But I have to say this:
I voted straight Republican from 1972 until 2012. Beginning in 2015 I finally reached the point where I turned away both from Donald Trump and from the whole Republican party.
Why? Because I finally took the time to study the abortion argument (and other Republican platform positions) in the light of Scripture. I am a Bible college graduate and have served in ministry in Christian churches and schools for over 40 years. My starting point is that the Bible is inspired and inerrant. So figuring out what it really says is critical. I discovered that what I previously believed made good sense, but I had been overlooking some important holes in the arguments. Nobody had ever confronted me with those holes, and I never saw them on my own until 2015.

First, I saw that using Psalm 139 and Jeremiah1 to "prove" that life begins at conception doesn't work. Both passages are focusing on God's foreknowledge. He knew all of us not just from our mother's womb, but from before the foundation of the world.

There are no passages in the Bible that directly state when a spirit enters into a person. And that is the part that is missing from the modern abortion debate. Nobody is talking about the topic of the human spirit. The question of whether a fetus possesses "life" is actually a question of whether a human spirit is in that fetus. And just assuming that if there is a body, a spirit must be present, is actually a heresy in terms of basic Christian belief. It is the heresy of materialism.

There have been Christian leaders--good Christian leaders--who have taught that a spirit enters into a baby at the moment the baby takes its first breath, because of the connection between the words "spirit" and "breath." Other Christian leaders have taught differently. And that's the point: since the Bible does not answer the question clearly and plainly, it is a matter of individual conscience. And nobody has the right to bind the conscience of another person. Therefore, even if I personally disagree with what another person decides regarding abortion, it is morally wrong for me to force that person to follow my beliefs.

I mentioned other Republican positions, but I will not go into them here. I'm only saying that the historical Baptist focus on freedom of conscience--which all American Christian denominations claim to support now--includes respecting the freedom of conscience even of other people whom I disagree with. I have to step back and allow God to be the judge, not me.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Pick either one and fight to get them enough support to become a viable third party. My point was more illustrative and either party will do.
If someone says they are supporting the Republicans because they oppose abortion I'd say they are chasing windmills
I don't disagree, but all I was saying was that if someone is looking for a party that does stand, unequivocally, for the right to life...he might do better to support one that will appear on the ballot rather than one that exists but does not have ballot status anywhere.

Reactions: WolfGate
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟202,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump is far from perfect. Indeed, some of his positions are questionable. For example, he wants to keep people out with a wall. He has called immigrants criminals, drug dealers, and rapists, which is defamatory at best and xenophobic at worst.

Despite Trump’s imperfections, I’ll be casting my vote for him during the 2020 Presidential Election. Why would I vote for him if I think some of his views are dubious? Because Trump is pro-life.

It cannot be understated that abortion is the number one political issue of our time. Being in the womb is arguably the most dangerous place in America today. Did you know that one in four pregnancies ends in abortion? That means millions of unborn babies are having their lives snuffed out. Even sadder is the fact that so many people these days believe it’s merely a lifestyle “choice.” But it isn’t a choice—it’s taking a human life.

Joe Biden is a staunch supporter of so-called choice, which is to say he is pro-abortion. No matter how good of a politician Biden might be, I cannot in good conscience vote for someone who would allow abortion to continue unabated. Roe v. Wade must be overturned.

What about you? Will you vote for Trump, which is a vote for life?
I believe everyone is fundamentally born pro-life. The problem is with the semantics. I'm not sure how many people can see the pro-life mantle as putting forth a form of propaganda. I understand that there are people who think it's government's role to count abortion as murder and prosecute women with unwanted pregnancies and any providers accordingly. I also know there are people who would rather let God judge in matters of sin, and they are reluctant to persecute any particular classification of sin. The term "pro-life" introduces the counter-narrative that whoever is in opposition is pro-death and for the murder of innocent babies. It's a defamation of all opposition. The propaganda works when people don't see that someone can't simply start the good people's club and instantly make all non-members bad people.

Upvote 0

Big Boo

Ghastly
Mar 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
✟17,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single

How is that possible? If you vote for the Democratic Party, you will help put pro-abortion politicians into office. That isn't pro-life. Or will you abstain from voting?

Upvote 0

Big Boo

Ghastly
Mar 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
✟17,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Because what he said was true.

Some of the things Nietzsche said were true. But as a Christian I would never quote him because he hated God, as did Hitchens. It's not appropriate for Christians to quote people who hate God no matter astute, true, or witty their quotes are on certain subjects.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The term "pro-life" introduces the counter-narrative that whoever is in opposition is pro-death and for the murder of innocent babies. It's a defamation of all opposition.
Seems like the propaganda term "pro-choice" fits everything you've just pointed to, but even moreso.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I will also choose life and not vote for Trump.
I do consider myself thoroughly pro-life, which for me includes the issues of abortion, capital punishment and euthanasia, but also overlaps into issues of poverty, health care, war, guns, immigration, and protection of minorities. I try to look at every issue through the lens of life being sacred, all of it.
I am not a single issue voter. I will vote for whomever I believe to have the best track record for alleviating the factors that surround abortion: access health care and education or issues of systematic poverty. That is not Donald Trump.

Upvote 0