Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure God will make all the vegetarian dishes taste delicious even to future ex-carnivores like me.

Mana is all the Isrealites had every morning except the Sabbath day provided by GOD utill they complained for the flesh pots of Egypt..

Might want to ponder on that.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But I still think there will be some sort of cell death,

Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It'd be disappointing to learn we're stuck on one planet for all eternity so.. I hope not.
Job 1
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

please ponder these verses in depth

Upvote 0

Second Time is the Charm

Feb 17, 2023
The South
✟14,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Mana is all the Isrealites had every morning except the Sabbath day provided by GOD utill they complained for the flesh pots of Egypt..

Ponder when the Lord was resurrected after his crucifixion:

"When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them, "Have you any food here?" So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb. And He took it and ate in their presence." (Luke 24:40-43)

Upvote 0

Second Time is the Charm

Feb 17, 2023
The South
✟14,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Job 1
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

please ponder these verses in depth
Angels of God did this too:

Genesis 28:12 He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.

And the Bible says we'll be like the angels (Christians I mean):

Luke 20:35 But those who are considered worthy of taking part in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, 36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection.

It also sounds like you think explorers are Satan or that exploring God's creation itself is evil. That doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟414,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I doubt that we will (except if we choose to). Now, the Prophet Isaiah does mention lions lying next to the lamb, but it simply means we no longer have to hunt.

Wait a minute. You misrepresented God with that false claim. Where did it say in Isaiah that the "lion will lie down next to the lamb"? Did you actually read the Scripture?

Isaiah 11:6
  • "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them."
Actually, Isaiah 63:25 reads (and has always read):

Isaiah 65:25
  • "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD."
Here again, the KJV of the Bible has always read the wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and most every other translation also reads that way--and always has. However, because so many Preachers today will "mis-remember" and preach saying that "the Lion also shall dwell with the Lamb," it is perceived to be the Bible verse. It's NOT a quote from scripture, nor any translation of Isaiah 65, but some people think that it is because of repetition of the misquote. KJV Bible commentaries from the 1500s all commentate on the wolf and the lamb, proving it was always the text there. Again, as seen in almost all translations. What we have here is nothing more than evidence of people using the common misconception and phrasing they've heard preached, to claim it's the Bible. I've heard many preachers themselves use the misquote without knowing it is a misquote. So we also see that the KJV has nothing to do with it, as the other versions likewise say Wolf. Here again, is a list of some Bible versions:

New International Version
The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
and dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain," says the LORD.

New Living Translation
The wolf and the lamb will feed together. The lion will eat hay like a cow
. But the snakes will eat dust. In those days no one will be hurt or destroyed on my holy mountain. I, the LORD, have spoken!"

English Standard Version
The wolf and the lamb shall graze together; the lion shall eat straw like the ox,
and dust shall be the serpent’s food. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain,” says the LORD.

Berean Study Bible
The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
but the food of the serpent will be dust. They will do no harm nor destruction on all My holy mountain,” says the LORD.

New American Standard Bible
"The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox;
and dust will be the serpent's food. They will do no evil or harm in all My holy mountain," says the LORD.

King James Bible
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock:
and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Christian Standard Bible
The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like cattle,
but the serpent's food will be dust! They will not do what is evil or destroy on my entire holy mountain," says the LORD.

Contemporary English Version
Wolves and lambs will graze together; lions and oxen will feed on straw.
Snakes will eat only dirt! They won't bite or harm anyone on my holy mountain. I, the LORD, have spoken!

Good News Translation
Wolves and lambs will eat together; lions will eat straw, as cattle do
, and snakes will no longer be dangerous. On Zion, my sacred hill, there will be nothing harmful or evil."

Holman Christian Standard Bible
but the serpent's food will be dust! They will not do what is evil or destroy on My entire holy mountain," says the LORD.

International Standard Version
"The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox;
but as for the serpent— its food will be dust! They won't harm or destroy on my entire holy mountain," says the LORD.

Though we've all probably heard someone say the "Lion and the lamb", particularly on TV, that was NEVER the text of the Bible--any Bible. So be careful with this.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Second Time is the Charm

Feb 17, 2023
The South
✟14,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How did you deduct that from my post?
You used Satan as an example? There are so many other verses you could have picked. So why exactly did you use your verse? What did you want me to see in that?

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟724,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

Yeah, they used to say "manna from heaven." I wonder what that actual material was. At the same time with the Bible describing a "new earth" I wonder if it will be like Earrth without impurities.

Upvote 0

LW97Nils

Jan 30, 2023
Germany's sin city - Munich
✟20,130.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wait a minute. You misrepresented God with that false claim. Where did it say in Isaiah that the "lion will lie down next to the lamb"? Did you actually read the Scripture?

Isaiah 11:6
  • "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them."
Actually, Isaiah 63:25 reads (and has always read):

Isaiah 65:25
  • "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD."
Here again, the KJV of the Bible has always read the wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and most every other translation also reads that way--and always has. However, because so many Preachers today will "mis-remember" and preach saying that "the Lion also shall dwell with the Lamb," it is perceived to be the Bible verse. It's NOT a quote from scripture, nor any translation of Isaiah 65, but some people think that it is because of repetition of the misquote. KJV Bible commentaries from the 1500s all commentate on the wolf and the lamb, proving it was always the text there. Again, as seen in almost all translations. What we have here is nothing more than evidence of people using the common misconception and phrasing they've heard preached, to claim it's the Bible. I've heard many preachers themselves use the misquote without knowing it is a misquote. So we also see that the KJV has nothing to do with it, as the other versions likewise say Wolf. Here again, is a list of some Bible versions:

New International Version
and dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain," says the LORD.

New Living Translation
The wolf and the lamb will feed together. The lion will eat hay like a cow
. But the snakes will eat dust. In those days no one will be hurt or destroyed on my holy mountain. I, the LORD, have spoken!"

English Standard Version
The wolf and the lamb shall graze together; the lion shall eat straw like the ox,
and dust shall be the serpent’s food. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain,” says the LORD.

Berean Study Bible
but the food of the serpent will be dust. They will do no harm nor destruction on all My holy mountain,” says the LORD.

New American Standard Bible
"The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox;
and dust will be the serpent's food. They will do no evil or harm in all My holy mountain," says the LORD.

King James Bible
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock:
and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Christian Standard Bible
The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like cattle,
but the serpent's food will be dust! They will not do what is evil or destroy on my entire holy mountain," says the LORD.

Contemporary English Version
Wolves and lambs will graze together; lions and oxen will feed on straw.
Snakes will eat only dirt! They won't bite or harm anyone on my holy mountain. I, the LORD, have spoken!

Good News Translation
Wolves and lambs will eat together; lions will eat straw, as cattle do
, and snakes will no longer be dangerous. On Zion, my sacred hill, there will be nothing harmful or evil."

Holman Christian Standard Bible
but the serpent's food will be dust! They will not do what is evil or destroy on My entire holy mountain," says the LORD.

International Standard Version
"The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox;
but as for the serpent— its food will be dust! They won't harm or destroy on my entire holy mountain," says the LORD.

Though we've all probably heard someone say the "Lion and the lamb", particularly on TV, that was NEVER the text of the Bible--any Bible. So be careful with this.
Thank you for the correction, brother, but it doesn't change my point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TribulationSigns

Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟414,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for the correction, brother, but it doesn't change my point.

You are welcome, yet your point is STILL inaccurate.

Isaiah chapters 2, 11, and 56 are talking about the house of God, the congregation where His people, both saved and unsaved, dwells, during the millennial kingdom. For example...

1st Timothy 3:15
  • "But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth."
In Isaiah chapter 2 we see the mountain is revealed to be the "kingdom" or house of the God of Jacob. And the many people who come to be taught of God (1st John 2:27) are the nations who flow into His house in the millennial reign of Christ, which started at His first advent. Not in your future. Such as also prophesied in Psalms 86.

Psalms 86:9
  • "All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.
  • For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.
  • Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name."
And how does the Lord "teach" the servants of God his ways, as Isaiah 2:3 also declared? By the Holy Spirit poured out at Pentecost He teaches us of his ways, so that we can walk in his paths!! Right now and it has been since Pentecost! It is fulfilled in the Kingdom of Christ as out of Mount Zion the law has gone forth, and the Word of the LORD from Jerusalem. Fulfilled! Christ teaching us of His ways was established as a reality when He came to Israel and preached the gospel from Jerusalem, and taught us of His ways that we might abandoned the crooked paths and walk in His paths. Even as the rebellious leaders of Christ's own congregation (without even realizing it) prophesied of this in their rejection of Him.

John 7:35
  • "Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?"
Israel was blinded, eyes that they would not see that they would not find Him. And indeed Christ did go to teach the Gentiles after He (their foundation stone), was rejected by His Old Testament Jews, where they to this day have not found Him. Well has John 7:35 prophesied? From that mountain (Zion and the Kingdom Christ established) from Jerusalem, the gospel went to all the world just as prophesied in Isaiah! That is when the word and the law of the Lord went out from Jerusalem, that we might walk in His paths. All of this was fulfilled with the first advent of Christ.

Of course, this is difficult for those indoctrinated into the idea that Isaiah 2 is some future fulfillment where Lambs and Wolves frolic around together in heaven, nevertheless, it is true. The lamb is unafraid of the wolf NOT because the wolf becomes a herbivore in heaven, but because the Lamb and wolf are synonyms, in God's Word, for His Servants and those who would devour them. The wolf cannot hurt the lamb because as God declared, "they will not hurt nor destroy in My Holy Mountain." It is because there in THIS kingdom of Christ is the peace and safety (salvation) of Israel. Not in strong walls and a great military, only in Christ Jesus.

Luke chapter 10 verses 19 and 20 give us a similar illustration of this same principle of how with the coming of Christ's Kingdom they cannot be hurt by the enemies of God. The Lord sends out 'seventy' (a spiritually significant number) disciples with the gospel to witness in twos (signifying truthful witness) with this information and instruction.

Luke 10:19
  • ""Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."
Is the Lord giving His servants the power to go around the countryside and be immune to being hurt by enemies that are literal snakes and scorpions? Seriously?! No! Not at all. The serpent and Scorpion signify and represent the power of Satan, just as the wolf does. Selah!! If you walk through the desert, will physical/literal snakes and scorpions clear a path for you and not hurt you because you are a servant of God? HA! Come on! Not at all, and this is NOT what Christ is teaching here! Listen...being bitten by a snake is not the force of the enemy that Christ gives us power over. The power of the enemy Jesus speaks about here is the power of that Scorpion from the pit and that old Serpent Satan. In other words, the false doctrine! Those who are spiritually serpents and scorpions (those of Satan) are the ones who God is teaching cannot harm us. Yes, even today we have some misguided souls, Christians going around handling snakes because they can't see the forest for the trees. The truth is, God has given us safety from the antichrist spirit Satan, who desires to deceive, seduce and devour us.

1st Peter 3:12-13
  • ""For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
  • And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?"
The answer to this rhetorical question is that there is no one who can hurt or destroy you when you are a follower and sealed of Christ! So when we ask, what does the "Lamb not being afraid of the Wolf" in the Lord's holy mountain mean, it means the servant of God cannot be spiritually hurt by the wolf, nor the wolves in sheep's clothing that are among the lambs. It's not really that difficult to discern! Because Christ used this same vernacular with us very plainly during His ministry.

Matthew 10:16
  • "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."
See?! There is the answer to the relevant question concerning the mountain of the Lord, and also the passages that follow verses 2 and 3. Christ didn't send us out among wolves to be hurt, He assures that they will not hurt nor destroy us as we abide in His holy Mountain (Church). Again, not because the wolf has a new nature, but because we are sealed, secured in Christ, and cannot be spiritually hurt by Satan or his minions during the millennial kingdom reign and peace prophesied in Isaiah is the peace of Christ, and the cessation of the sword of warfare, turned into another job of cultivating the Lord's plantings, is by the New Spirit of Christ within us as we are reconciled with God.

Selah! Only those with spiritual discernment will understand what Christ actually talks about the wolf and the lamb! The false Christians and true Christians work together in God's Holy Mountain, where the lamb (Elect) won't be spiritually hurt (deceived) by the false doctrines of the wolves!

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You used Satan as an example? There are so many other verses you could have picked. So why exactly did you use your verse? What did you want me to see in that?

satan represented the earth, the others called the sons of GOD represent other worlds, so there are other worlds that we may be able to visit

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Cellular death is not the same as an organism death. each individual cell does not have a soul or spirit that is separated from it.

to put my point into practice.. when you eat fruit, you are killing cells. Those cells are alive and they grow, and you have detached the fruit from it's organism, the tree. and eaten it, killing the cells in the fruit. HOWEVER. the tree or bush organism it came from, is very much still alive, it did not die, and in fact, that fruit was DESIGNED to be detached, and eaten, and that is how it reproduces, so cellular "death" is a vital part of how a plant in fact, thrives... and this was designed by God before the fall.

Now animals were not designed in such a way, you can't eat their flesh without killing the organism (or at least severely maiming them), but the flesh tissue itself is nothing inherently soulish about it where it couldn't be produced by another means other than being an animal's body. Like I said, humans are getting to the point where we can grow animal tissue in a lab... without killing an animal organism. God is.. quite capable of doing something even better than that. So it doesn't totally rule out eating meat, it just means it is more likely that no organism will be killed in the process to produce it.

But in eating, there is "death", it's just not organism death when it's fruits.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟128,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would eating fish make you a vegetarian?

Notice that what I submitted below, it is involving the same thing Revelation 22:2 is involving, and that what I submitted involves fishing. Fishing for sport? Or fishing to eat?

Ezekiel 47:7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.
8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.
9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.
10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.
11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.
12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Compare verse 12 with that of Revelation 22:2. Verse 12 indicates neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed. That it is not meaning it won't be consumed because no one will be eating from it. It is meaning it won't be consumed because there will be a never ending supply of it. Which then requires it has to fit in a never ending age and that it has to fit something there is no end of, obviously meaning the tree of life in this case. And once again, in this same context it involves fishing. Which then means death is still taking place, at least in regards to these fish if what they catch they are eating.
Interesting the mentioning of the miry and marishes not being healed given to salt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Cellular death is not the same as an organism death. each individual cell does not have a soul or spirit that is separated from it.

death is death and the word says no more death I will go with the word even for cellular, leaves ect.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
death is death and the word says no more death I will go with the word even for cellular, leaves ect.
okay but in Genesis pre fall, they were eating fruit, to eat the fruit was killing the cells in the fruit, and in scripture death entered the world by sin.
Yet there was eating and killing the cells in fruit.... prior to sin.

So obviously man's definition of death is not equated to God's definition of death.

Furthermore when God warned about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, He said they would die THAT DAY, but Adam and Eve continued to live physically for 900+ years after. Was God lying?
No.
But God does have a different definition for death than physical death is pretty apparent.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Furthermore when God warned about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, He said they would die THAT DAY, but Adam and Eve continued to live physically for 900+ years after. Was God lying?

a day unto the Lord is as a 1000 years so from GODS standpoint they died in the day they ate of it (900+ earth YEARS)

you should look into the cosmic week

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
a day unto the Lord is as a 1000 years so from GODS standpoint they died in the day they ate of it (900+ earth YEARS)

you should look into the cosmic week
I suppose you could look at it that way but never the less. to eat food, cells died, and that was pre fall, they could not have fallen, without eating, and causing "death" in fact.

Upvote 0