Feb 20, 2016
US
✟24,020.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
View attachment 188088

Does that look like a metaphor? Men in white robes (called kittels) and carrying palm branches.

That is the celebration of Sukkot - the feast of Tabernacles.

How much blood will Messiah have to bleed out for everybody to do the washing?

Rev 7
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why would having sexual organs on display make it a wonderful setting?

Why does having ears on display make church a wonderful setting?

Why does having noses on display make Niagara Falls a wonderful setting?

They don't.

The "wonder" of nudity in heaven is reminding us of our total transparency to God and with each other.

We don't really understand being totally known by and loved by God in our earthly life.

We can't be totally known by and loved by everyone in our earthly life due to Original Sin, but in heaven our imperfections have been removed, and the openness and freedom will be immensely comforting, second only to our complete awareness of God's love.

And of course, being in the presence of His glory will overwhelm everything else.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is there a passage of Scripture which leads you to this conclusion?

Not specifically - just the general "knowing and being known" allusions and the nudity present in Eden.

Following Jesus's words, I think anything we speculate about heaven would be like little children presuming to know what adult life is like. I think the children would be more accurate, actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: awitch
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because they'll be...er, uh...ahem..."glorified?"
Glorified human sexual organs eternally on display? I don't think that's exactly what our Lord Jesus Christ and his apostles had in mind when they promised a heavenly reward for the faithful.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why does having ears on display make church a wonderful setting?

Why does having noses on display make Niagara Falls a wonderful setting?

They don't.

The "wonder" of nudity in heaven is reminding us of our total transparency to God and with each other.

We don't really understand being totally known by and loved by God in our earthly life.

We can't be totally known by and loved by everyone in our earthly life due to Original Sin, but in heaven our imperfections have been removed, and the openness and freedom will be immensely comforting, second only to our complete awareness of God's love.

And of course, being in the presence of His glory will overwhelm everything else.

Do you imagine the Lord Jesus Christ and his Heavenly Father the Virgin Mary and the Apostles, Sarah, Abraham and Mary Magdalene in the same nude condition up there? I mean. if everyone is going natural then I assume that you imagine them being nude as well-right? Not to mention the myriads of angels al naked as they arrive and leave.

BTW
If indeed that is the required dress code up there-why aren't they revealed that way in the Bible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you imagine the Lord Jesus Christ and his Heavenly Father the Virgin Mary and the Apostles, Sarah, Abraham and Mary Magdalene in the same nude condition up there? I mean. if everyone is going natural then I assume that you imagine them being nude as well-right? Not to mention the myriads of angels al naked as they arrive and leave.

BTW
If indeed that is the required dress code up there-why aren't they revealed that way in the Bible?

The only hint of a "heavenly dress code" I can think of in the Bible is redeemed sinners being "clothed in the Righteousness of Christ", and that's the only one we need...

As for actual clothes, if everyone you mentioned is nude, I certainly have no problems with that...who am I to question God?

You may think my attitude is irreverent, but open your mind and heart to the possibilities.

The closest thing to paradise ever seen on earth was Eden.
And what was God's dress code in Eden? Skin!

Yes, He made animal-skin clothes for them later, but only because they were being expelled from Eden for sinning (disobedience, not nudity).

Today, what's the closest earthly fallen humanity ever gets to innocence? A newborn baby.
And what do babies come into the world wearing? Skin!

Just something to think about...

Last edited:
Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The only hint of a "heavenly dress code" I can think of in the Bible is redeemed sinners being "clothed in the Righteousness of Christ", and that's the only one we need...

As for actual clothes, if everyone you mentioned is nude, I certainly have no problems with that...who am I to question God?

You may think my attitude is irreverent, but open your mind and heart to the possibilities.

The closest thing to paradise ever seen on earth was Eden.
And what was God's dress code in Eden? Skin!

Yes, He made animal-skin clothes for them later, but only because they were being expelled from Eden for sinning (disobedience, not nudity).

Today, what's the closest earthly fallen humanity ever gets to innocence? A newborn baby.
And what do babies come into the world wearing? Skin!

Just something to think about...

Please keep in mind that sexual organs were provided for the purpose of copulation and procreation under the marriage arrangement. Angels were not meant to copulate and procreate and neither are the resurrected to heaven.

Mark 12:25
New International Version
When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

God uses his holy spirit in order to create offspring he calls sons.

Psalm 104:30
New International Version
When you send your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the ground.

In short, the spirit realm requires that we divest ourselves of al things Earthly in order to enter it as pointed out by Paul.

The same applies to lungs to take in atmospheric oxygen, blood and veins to transport it to tissue, a heart to pump it, a stomach to digest food crushed by teeth, an anus via which excrement can be expelled etcetera. All these are things designed to make survival possible in the material world and not the spiritual realm called heaven.

Cor 15:

49And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so also shall we bear the likeness of the heavenly man. 50Now I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—…

Last edited:
Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Furries and cosplayers are going to be heartbroken.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Furries and cosplayers are going to be heartbroken.

I don't know - some people are pretty furry (especially OT characters like Esau).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That line comes early, the fall happens before there are children. So I don't have a great answer, but I tend to think that the statement is a blanket one... just like the Torah containing the information that would be used by any future kings but given at a time when the only "King" was God Himself. Did I say that well? It would be many years before Israel would desire a human king yet God included laws pertaining the kings behavior long before then. It was through childbirth that a savior would be born, so perhaps being fruitful and multiplying was a command given before that act was even possible.

I don't know... I am not dogmatic about this. :)

So without sin the world would never be populated?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So why did innocence make being naked acceptable?

The loss of sin changed many things that were not themselves the "original sin." The consequences are not the cause.

For instance, it caused the pain of a woman's labor...but being pain-free in labor was not the original sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The loss of sin changed many things that were not themselves the "original sin." The consequences are not the cause.

For instance, it caused the pain of a woman's labor...but being pain-free in labor was not the original sin.

Would you agree with this?

http://www.plainbibleteaching.com/2006/04/01/modest-apparel/

After confronting Adam, Eve, and the serpent, the Lord “made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them” (Genesis 3:21). God provided proper clothing so that Adam and Eve were no longer naked. But what exactly were these garments? What parts of their bodies did God cover so that they would no longer be naked? According to Strong’s Dictionary, the Hebrew word means a garment that went from the shoulders on down. God covered their chests and backs. After doing this, they were “clothed” and no longer “naked.” But how far below the waist needed to be covered? To the ankle? The knee? Halfway down the thigh? Let us look at other passages that will help us determine this.

In God’s instructions regarding the clothing for the priests, He said “You shall make for them linen breeches to cover their bare flesh (nakedness, KJV); they shall reach from the loins even to the thighs” (Exodus 28:42). What was considered nakedness? Exposing the loins and/or the thighs. Another helpful passage is Isaiah 47:2-3. This passage says: “Remove your veil, strip off the skirt, uncover the leg (thigh, KJV), cross the rivers. Your nakedness will be uncovered, your shame also will be exposed.” When one’s thigh is uncovered, they are considered naked.

Upvote 0