• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Will we be naked in heaven?

Discussion in 'Christianity and World Religion' started by dazed, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Aryeh

Aryeh Well-Known Member

+350
    Non-Denom
    Celibate

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  2. dlamberth

dlamberth Senior Contributor Supporter

+1,692
    Other Religion
    US-Others
    With this point I have to disagree as it hits exactly upon one of the main points for my de-conversion. And that's that when I was a Christian I took a fair amount of flack because I was opening up to stuff outside of the box. I was continually told that God does not like the direction I was heading. It was frustrating to me. I was finding more truth with the mystics who do operate outside the box than what I was getting while feeling forced into a box. In looking around, I'm not alone in this experience.

One of the in-the-box things is the belief of physical resurrection of the body that ONLY happened if one has the correct beliefs. I remember way back when I was a child also asking what we will wear while in Heaven. It's not a new question. But even than, and just like in this thread, the answers I received were not at all satisfying.

3. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+10,974
    Christian
    Married
    The "original sin" didn't have anything to do with nakedness.

4. RDKirk

+10,974
    Christian
    Married
    What error? I have not heard any mainstream concept of anything else but resurrection in a material body of currently unknown additional characteristics. Jesus and Paul both made that clear.

5. ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat For who can resist his will?

+2,559
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Well I'm sorry if my answers did not satisfy your search. That said I see no logical reason to give up your faith because you are facing opposition from other believers. If you could explain further what connection there is between facing opposition for controversial views and faith in God I would like to know. Because I don't see one. Emotionally I can see you lashing out because you aren't liking the christians you are communicating with and then being mad at god and rejecting him that way. But you would still believe in god just you wouldn't like him or his people.

Also I'd just like to tell you that you only need to believe in one thing to have eternal life and that is romans 10:9. You can believe anything else but thats the one thing all christians have in common or they aren't a christian.

6. RDKirk

+10,974
    Christian
    Married
    Jesus' resurrected body had His wounds.

Would it make much difference if it's your 70-year-old body in appearance but you can still leap tall buildings in a single bound?

7. RDKirk

+10,974
    Christian
    Married
    What answer would satisfy you and what difference would it make?

"What will I wear?" is a question Jesus told His followers not to worry about about now, much less in the future age.

8. TheOldWays

TheOldWays Candidate

+671
    Canada
    Catholic
    Married
    good point.

9. Aryeh

Aryeh Well-Known Member

+350
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    You're punny.

10. dlamberth

dlamberth Senior Contributor Supporter

+1,692
    Other Religion
    US-Others
    I'm not at all mad at God. I'm clearly a Lover of God, and way more so every day that passes. As I tried to explain, perhaps not well, was the limiting box I experienced that you were saying does not exist in Christianity. But it does. For myself, and I know for many others, the spiritual limitations ended and spiritual freedom began with our deconversion. That doesn't mean that we walked away from God. And I suspect this same sort of awareness has a lot to do with the declining Christian population.

The hope for "Eternal Life", in my opinion is one of the worse reason to have a Loving relationship with God. Which as you suggest, even as a Lover of Christ, clearly means that I'm not a Christian.

When putting myself into the Heart of Christ, I've come to see that first there is Christ and second, there is Christianity. And that it's only occasionally that they cross paths. I'm totally convinced that if they did come closer to walking the same path that the world today would be a lot better place to live in than it is now.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  11. expos4ever

expos4ever Left This Site

+2,835
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    In the circles in which I move, many people seemingly believe they will spend eternity in a disembodied state in "heaven".

I agree with you fully re the views of Jesus and Paul on this matter.

12. RDKirk

+10,974
    Christian
    Married
    Well, many people believe there were three wise men, but I've never heard anyone who has been in any real level of scholarship argue for that, either. There are, to be admitted, a lot of "everybody knows" stuff from people in every denomination that isn't really bedrock theology in any of the mainstream denominations.

13. Sammy-San

Sammy-San Newbie

+792
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Are all colors equally bibically or is white a special color?

14. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+15,479
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    White is indeed special. Cleanness. Purity.

15. RDKirk

+10,974
    Christian
    Married
    We won't be wearing clothes in heaven, but we won't be naked.

16. Jane_the_Bane

Jane_the_Bane Gaia's godchild

+3,179
    Pagan
    Legal Union (Other)
    UK-Greens
    Your cultural background determines your definition of nudity.
    In some African cultures, you are perceived as fully/appropriately clothed when your chest is exposed - but as utterly and indecently nude if your legs can be seen.
    In some warmer climes, people wear little more than paint and a few strings - yet if you were to expose yourself without these specific items - you'd be perceived as naked.

Or, to do a historical comparison, a hundred years ago, women in the Western world would never venture outside without gloves, or exposed ankles.

Clothes are cultural, brimming with symbolic meaning.

17. TheOldWays

TheOldWays Candidate

+671
    Canada
    Catholic
    Married
    I remember that scene from Far and Away and Nicole Kidman had her ankles showing, with big wool socks on and these dudes were checking her out and ol' Tom Cruise was like 'Shah-non! Cova your ankels!'.

18. Sammy-San

Sammy-San Newbie

+792
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Were Adam and Eve beings of light? | True Freethinker

19. Ken Rank

Ken Rank Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,199
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Sam... I don't have time to go from link to link reading somebody else's thoughts. If I am in a discussion with you... I want to hear YOU not somebody you found that agrees with you. :) You share what you believe and we can discuss things... blessings.

20. Sammy-San

Sammy-San Newbie

+792
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Were Adam and Eve beings of light? | True Freethinker