JustHereToTalk

Feb 20, 2016
US
✟24,020.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I don't think any of the yeas, or meat-and-clothes nays for that matter, have addressed:

1Co 15
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Upvote 0

frettr00

Finding peace where I am
Aug 10, 2004
✟38,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Around 15 years ago I was shown a vision of myself in my glorified body and in addition to holding a sword and shield I'm pretty sure I was wearing armor. I also was wearing several crowns. I don't think we're going to be walking around naked.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Around 15 years ago I was shown a vision of myself in my glorified body and in addition to holding a sword and shield I'm pretty sure I was wearing armor. I also was wearing several crowns. I don't think we're going to be walking around naked.

So there IS cosplay in heaven!

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, sex between consenting adults is not degrading in or out of marriage.
But if being nude is degrading and sex is sacred, then do Christians have sex with their clothes on?

(Don't answer that)

What does sex being sacred mean? As in "sacred"? Inviolable?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If the only point is to create a Law of Hemline Length, I don't particularly care.

God's Definition Of “Nakedness”

The Bible tells us in Isaiah 47:2-3 that NAKEDNESS means a woman exposing her legs and thighs...

Isaiah 47:1-3, “Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon, sit on the ground: there is no throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate. Take the millstones, and grind meal: uncover thy locks, make bare the leg, uncover the thigh, pass over the rivers. Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen: I will take vengeance, and I will not meet thee as a man.”

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

Seeking a life that honors God.
Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟663,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
CS Lewis, in his book The Great Divorce, had a good compromise on this issue. Some people are and some people aren't, but in their purity they are so dazzling it doesn't matter. They're more glorious than all of the barely-there ghosts from Hell. Personally, I believe that my unattractive body will be redeemed--not by being made beautiful, but being made whole and free of shame because even my heart and soul are cleansed of sin. I think that either we will have the choice of being naked or clothed as we wish to glorify God, who will have redeemed our bodies so that they will no longer cause shame or lust or sexual immorality, or we will be more or less in a state of both. How that's possible I don't know, but I think the symbolic significance of being "naked and innocent" in Genesis and being "clothed with righteousness/nakedness covered" will both be recognized in Heaven. The symbols and imagery with which the Bible is filled with weren't written down for nothing. On a personal note, I've had struggles with inappropriate content and with placing too much of my time and energy on looking at naked images and videos. In Heaven, my body, including my genitals, being redeemed rather than cast aside would be a reflection of God's love for me and my glory for Him, that He would make me with distinctly male sex organs for His own good purposes--even if there is no sex in Heaven and no need for them. Romans says to use your whole body as an instrument for God. Why are my penis and testicles excluded from this? I can't imagine what good they'd be for in Heaven, but part of faith is trusting that God will have something great prepared for all of humanity in many possible ways that we can't even fathom.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0