Will we always possess limited understanding?

Shadowprophet

0101011101010111010010100 1000100
Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a study, That states people tend to take knowledge for granted. Those who Do not know, believe they do possess understanding, And those who do possess understanding take it for granted that others around them possess similar knowledge. Both parties take knowledge for granted.

People believe they can touch the stars and that humans have no limits to their potential. But if we could just reach out and touch the stars, their fires would burn us.. We have limits to our power, we have limits to our understanding. we have limits to our station in the grand scheme of the universe. But will it always be so? even when we attain our perfect bodies and carry on with our existence in what would be the time after this life. Will we always have limits to our understanding? will we always have limits to our ability? There are things, that our minds simply do not possess the ability to understand. An example would be time, For us, as we perceive it, Time is this measurement that continues on, we are born, we age, we die.. all things, age and succumb to the ravages of time.But it is said, God has no beginning and no end. in the book of Habakkuk 3.3 It is said God came from Teman, This word has practically no meaning whatever to human languge, as far as we know. Some things will be answered to us in ways that we are simply incapable of understanding..And I assume, there will never be a time when all knowing will be unlocked to us. All knowing seems to be a unique quality of the creator alone. An example would be in the prayers that Jesus prayed to the Lord God, it demonstrates that as Jesus walked the earth as a human, he did not possess all knowing.. My question is, will we humans, always possess limitations? even once we attain our perfection from the Lord God?

I have no problem accepting that we humans will always possess limitation,, I humble myself to the Lord God, Creator of the heavens and the Earth.

But some would take issue with limitations, Don't forget to be humble, Lucifer was not humble and look what his pride did to him..

I accept that we may always have limitations. But I wonder.

What do you guys think about this issue? Will we always possess limitations? or will we surpass any and all limitations in the next life?

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I may be wrong, But, here is a theory that is surely controversial, The two pieces of information here to take away is, God came from Temon and Selah.
A holy one,

To me I wonder, Who or what is Teman and Selah, Selah sounds like a females name in my opinion, and here is something to think about.
Teman,, Human, Te, Hu,, Te on the periodic Table is an element known as Tellurium http://www.periodni.com/te.html

I don't know at this point, this is just theory about subjects and it's nothing more. some things are meant to never be understood..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What do you guys think about this issue? Will we always possess limitations? or will we surpass any and all limitations in the next life?
While humans will certainly be free from the limitations of earthly existence, they will never have the same capacity as God. IOW they will not be *little gods*.

Reactions: Shadowprophet
Upvote 0

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While humans will certainly be free from the limitations of earthly existence, they will never have the same capacity as God. IOW they will not be *little gods*.

Well it is said we are his children. And in the book of Genesis 3:22 , Adam and Eve were removed from the garden of Eden because behold we had become as they..

You may be on to something..

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think this scripture tells something:

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will be done away with. Where there are various languages, they will cease. Where there is knowledge, it will be done away with. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part; but when that which is complete has come, then that which is partial will be done away with. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child. Now that I have become a man, I have put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, even as I was also fully known.
1 Cor. 13:8-12

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me offer this: (it may be a little advanced for some but let us see where it goes).

What is spoken of in the verses above are given for our edification. If you take them in context, they are offered in a chapter completely devoted to the concept of 'charity' or 'love'.

What Paul is offering is that 'when' we come to an understanding and ability to practice 'true love', we will no longer be as 'children', but we will KNOW God as God already knows us.

While we will never become 'completely equal with God' in knowledge, we are certainly given the 'tools' to come to 'the love' that God 'is'. We do have the capacity to understand and practice 'love' perfectly. For the image in which we were 'created' is this very 'thing': Love. For we certainly know that this vessel is 'not' the 'image of God'. What is? The very thing that led to our creation: a desire to share LOVE.

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0