traveling Asia
✟61,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you look at the backbone of the church online services, some are reporting massive increases in church attendance. I know of one German pastor that had 3x the congregation. We might be seeing the winnowing of the church too. Some being turned from God while others are on fire. Such a winnowing would make a stronger church in the future. Online Church Attendance Quadrupled Sunday in Light of COVID-19, Company Says

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
American entrepreneurism will always find a way, and new ways of making money are going to emerge from this. But on the whole, I think we are heading towards a whole new world. Time will tell, however.

That is about the level of prophecies we hear from these “prophets”. You would think people claiming divine foreseeing could do better.

Not saying you claim to be one.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you look at the backbone of the church online services, some are reporting massive increases in church attendance. I know of one German pastor that had 3x the congregation.

Well, it's easier to attend services online as well. No getting dressed, no travel, no commitment to stay if the service isn't one's cup of tea... and during a time of great uncertainty and worry, the churches would be seeing larger crowds anyway I think. But it's interesting and a little encouraging. Hope it lasts. I know attendance hit an all-time high after 9-11, but it didn't last long. The minute things go back to normal, so does our spiritual lukewarmness and lackadaisicalness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is about the level of prophecies we hear from these “prophets”. You would think people claiming divine foreseeing could do better.

Not saying you claim to be one.

My quote? That wasn't a "prophecy," LoL. The quote posted in the OP might be, but this thread was posted to discuss personal opinions on where things may be going. I'm sharing my own.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know it wasn’t. Just saying that official prophecies are not really any better or more specific.

Well, yes. And it's a curious question as to why. I don't know that the prophecy in the OP lacks specifics. It contains some, as did several of Wilkerson's verifiable prophesies (In fact, it contains about the same percentage of specifics as his known prophecies usually did, which is what gives it the mark of authenticity IMO). But the thing that nearly is always left out is the timing of their fulfillment. This is true even of Biblical prophesies. With a few notable exceptions, no specific timeframe is given before the fulfillment will come. It may have to do with the fact that the Lord leaves timing up to His own discretion, per chance those prophesied over should enter a time of repentance...

Another possibility is simply that we just aren't walking as close to the Lord as we should, and thus even our prophets are not seeing things as clearly as they might... I'm quite honestly not sure.

I would certainly be in no position to criticize, since I'm just posting threads on it and spouting my opinions, LoL.

Any thoughts yourself as to why things are currently the way they are?

God bless.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As mentioned even the OP prophecy was probably parsed together to fit the occasion.

Which seems to be the general trend.

There seems to be very specific prophecies like the recent prophet in Africa that said Corona will disappear 29th of March. These never happen.

Then there are the vague ones saying there will be catastrophe, war, accident, plague whatever stuff that always happens sooner or later and people will feel sad and seek the lord because there is suffering and hardship.

These always happen if you wait long enough so not much of prophecy.

There is nothing divine behind these. Just the normal fleecing money off the gullible or someone being deluded.

Ask anyone claiming to be the prophet what is the main news next year and you get nothing just the usual “ I see people moving, sea , maybe air, earth groaning , dogs barking, cats being hairy, children being unruly , women acting illogically and a great man being accused of corruption.”

Useless.

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There seems to be very specific prophecies like the recent prophet in Africa that said Corona will disappear 29th of March. These never happen.

Yes. I've seen several get specific and fall flat on their face.
Then there are the vague ones saying there will be catastrophe, war, accident, plague whatever stuff that always happens sooner or later and people will feel sad and seek the lord because there is suffering and hardship.

At least better than those who prophecy things like "2012 will be the year of the double anointing," or some such ambiguous statement that cannot be confirmed one way or another.
Ask anyone claiming to be the prophet what is the main news next year and you get nothing just the usual “ I see people moving, sea , maybe air, earth groaning , dogs barking, cats being hairy, children being unruly , women acting illogically and a great man being accused of corruption.”

LoL! The one about the cats being hairy may actually come to pass some day : )

Listen, I know how you feel. But the problem is this: Entering into walking in truly powerful supernatural gifts takes a life of consecration, incessant prayer, and continual time spent in His Presence, and by that I mean at the expense of what most believers would call a "normal" life. It's not the kind of thing many are willing to dedicate themselves to these days.

I'm trying to line it up myself, but I'm not there yet, so again I have no right to criticize.

Not that I'm reflecting that back on you or anyone else. I'm simply saying that it requires a far greater dedication to God than most have. There is a heavy price to pay.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Entering into walking in truly powerful supernatural gifts takes a life of consecration, incessant prayer, and continual time spent in His Presence, and by that I mean at the expense of what most believers would call a "normal" life. It's not the kind of thing many are willing to dedicate themselves to these days.

Actually being something like top athletic or top expert on any field requires dedication comparable to that.

We know those people, can admire their dedication and results.

Top prophets......I see cats not being hairy in far future , maybe dogs too.

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Top prophets......I see cats not being hairy in far future, maybe dogs too.

funny+Dog+pictures+with+quotes+(279).jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ignoring for a moment that that Wilkerson quote is most likely bogus:
Did David Wilkerson Give a Prophecy About a Plague in New York City Back in 1986? - Tri-State Voice

...no, I don’t see a repentance coming. There is no way to draw causality between any sort of sin and susceptibility to a pandemic like this. Why would somebody look around and think that this was a consequence of sin? They wouldn’t. Even Christian doctrine doesn’t teach that tragedy gets meted out in that way - that was a big point of the book of Job.

Greetings, iluvatar.

Came across this today, and I think it reveals the prophecy actually was authentic (see video at the bottom of the link):
Coronavirus: David Wilkerson 1986 Prophecy Coming To Pass (Video) | Believers Portal

The interesting thing is that this would mean the entire prophecy is genuine, and therefore that revival is indeed coming (whether sooner or later, and under what conditions is now the question). Let me go back and get it for the exact wording...

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"I see a plague coming on the world, and the bars, churches and government will shut down. The plague will hit New York City and shake it like it has never been shaken. The plague is going to force prayerless believers into radical prayer and into their Bibles, and repentance will be the cry from the man of God in the pulpit. And out of it will come a third Great Awakening that will sweep America and the world." - David Wilkerson in 1986

Ok, it says "repentance will be the cry from the pulpit, and out of it will come a third Great Awakening..."

So what needs to happen first is that repentance is preached. Let me research the current messages going forth and see where we are on that...

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, it says "repentance will be the cry from the pulpit, and out of it will come a third Great Awakening..."

So what needs to happen first is that repentance is preached. Let me research the current messages going forth and see where we are on that...

I'm seeing a few things:
A Call for National Repentance - Sermons & Articles
Free Presbyterian Church says coronavirus is 'call to repent sins' as it makes services U-turn
COVID-19: A Merciful Warning
Willis church leaders pray for revival during pandemic

There are other links I could post, but none of them seem to be a very strong call to repentance, personally. They all seem kinda lukewarm as of yet. No real power in them.

This appears to be the only true call to repentance I have found so far, though many will undoubtably not like it:
COVID-19 and quarantine (2): when shepherds do not fear God - Warhorn Media

Only when the message gets this strong will it likely have much of a dent. But I'm guessing after the effects of the virus hit home economically in another year or so, genuine cries to repentance will be becoming more frequent.

Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The prophecy said the government would shut down. It has not. So we just take bits and pieces now and call it close enough ?

Well, that's an interesting insight. But keep in mind, Public schools are government-run institutions regulated by federal, state and local law, and the entire public education system in this country has been shut down for months.

It also appears there's now a serious threat of the Coronavirus spreading among the Trump Administration:
White House Races to Contain Virus in Its Ranks: ‘It Is Scary to Go to Work’

Not about to pay for the New York Times just to read one article, but the Google link reads,
"23 hours ago - WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is racing to contain an outbreak ... the virus at the White House — and the swift testing and contact tracing being ... because of a concern that they both could be incapacitated by Covid-19. ... all White House employees to stay home if they felt even remotely sick..."

I also believe it is coming back in the Fall, so I don't think the thing has completely played out yet.

Upvote 0