Home in Tulsa
✟101,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
After, I presume you mean the Return of Jesus.
Wrong! According to Ezekiel 34:11-16, this gathering and settling into all of the holy Land, is soon after the Day of cloud and darkness. This is not the glorious Return, when the sun will again be darkened, Matthew 24:29-30, because it is by the Lord's deeds, that His people know He is with them. Ezekiel 34:30

I regret having to disagree with you, but when anyone makes a rapture to heaven as a foregone conclusion, then I object, as that theory is far from being proven and simply does not have scriptural support.

The rapture is WRITTEN: so OF COURSE it is a foregone conclusion! I am amazed you are here trying to teach and deny what is a very clear teaching.
Why would you look in Ezekiel for information about the rapture? ONLY PAUL had a revelation about the rapture of the church. NO WONDER I disagree with you so frequently.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,424.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There are three types of people on Earth today. There are Jews, there are gentiles, and there are Christians. Christians have been on Earth a little over 2000 years and they are neither Jew nor Gentile, but are new creatures in Christ Jesus. Christians will reign and rule the Earth with Jesus when He returns to Jerusalem. They will rule the Jews and the Gentiles who survive the great tribulation.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
There are three types of people on Earth today. There are Jews, there are gentiles, and there are Christians. Christians have been on Earth a little over 2000 years and they are neither Jew nor Gentile, but are new creatures in Christ Jesus. Christians will reign and rule the Earth with Jesus when He returns to Jerusalem. They will rule the Jews and the Gentiles who survive the great tribulation.
Pretty straightforward, isn't it? Why do so many struggle with this?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are Jews, there are gentiles, and there are Christians.

Are modern people Jews because of their DNA or because of their religion?

A person I know of Gentile bloodline decided to become a part of the modern Hebrew Roots movement. She keeps the Sinai Sabbath and the feasts. Is she really a Jew.

Ruth was a Moabite grafted into Israel and was in the bloodline that produced King David. Ruth's husband was Boaz and he was the son of Rahab, the harlot.

Other people have small amounts of the same DNA as King David, but are atheists.
Are they a Jew?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,424.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Pretty straightforward, isn't it? Why do so many struggle with this?
You know, I don't understand why so many people struggle with what is so plainly laid out in scripture. But I felt led to spell it out here, and I am trusting that it will help some to understand.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,424.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are modern people Jews because of their DNA or because of their religion?

A person I know of Gentile bloodline decided to become a part of the modern Hebrew Roots movement. She keeps the Sinai Sabbath and the feasts. Is she really a Jew.

Ruth was a Moabite grafted into Israel and was in the bloodline that produced King David. Ruth's husband was Boaz and he was the son of Rahab, the harlot.

Other people have small amounts of the same DNA as King David, but are atheists.
Are they a Jew?

Our Father knows BA. He has established the bloodlines and He is not confused. He knows about all of us. In this age of grace, everyone should seek to be saved by the blood of the Lamb who is the Lord Jesus Christ, and to be found in Him at His coming.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,700.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I know why He came, to UNDO, destroy, desolve, what Satan has done.
Jesus came to save the lost sheep of Israel. They are far more people; as many as the sands of the sea, than just the Jewish people, now in a part of the Land. Those people are the elect, the chosen, those bought by the blood of Jesus. 1 Peter 2:9-10 NOT just the few Messianic Jews.
There are scriptures pointed towards the church, and there are other scriptures pointed towards the Jews.
Yes, The apostate Jews face judgement, they have lost the Kingdom, Matthew 21:43 and we Christians are the inheritors of God's promises to Israel. Romans 8:16-18, Galatians 3:26-29

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,700.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The rapture is WRITTEN: so OF COURSE it is a foregone conclusion! I am amazed you are here trying to teach and deny what is a very clear teaching.
Why would you look in Ezekiel for information about the rapture? ONLY PAUL had a revelation about the rapture of the church. NO WONDER I disagree with you so frequently.
Just post the verse that says God will take His people to heaven and our disagreement will disappear.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our Father knows BA. He has established the bloodlines and He is not confused. He knows about all of us. In this age of grace, everyone should seek to be saved by the blood of the Lamb who is the Lord Jesus Christ, and to be found in Him at His coming.

The most important genealogy in the Bible is found in Matthew 1:1.

Mat 1:1  The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the Son of David, the Son of Abraham: 

Christ is the seed of the woman from Genesis 3:15, and the seed of Abraham in Genesis 12:3. Paul confirms this in Galatians 3:16.
After that point, a person's DNA is meaningless as revealed by the following text.

Mat 3:9  and do not think to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 
(John the Baptist told his people to not say... "We are Abraham's seed.". However, many Christians today continue to say... "They are Abraham's seed.")

Joh 8:39  They answered and said to Him, "Abraham is our father." Jesus said to them, "If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham. 
(Jesus made it plain to the Pharisees that being the seed of Abraham is not going to bring salvation.)

Joh 8:44  You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 

Rom 2:28
  For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 
Rom 2:29  but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God. 

1Ti 1:4  nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith. 
(A person's DNA sample does not now change their relationship with God.)

Grace is a result of the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34 and found fulfilled by the Blood of Christ in the following passage. The exact text from Jeremiah chapter 31 is quoted below and bracketed before and after with text revealing that Christ is now the mediator of this New Covenant, which has made the Old Covenant "obsolete".

Heb 8:6  But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. 
Heb 8:7  For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 
Heb 8:8  Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH— 
Heb 8:9  NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS IN THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; BECAUSE THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DISREGARDED THEM, SAYS THE LORD. 
Heb 8:10  FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR MIND AND WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. 
Heb 8:11  NONE OF THEM SHALL TEACH HIS NEIGHBOR, AND NONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, 'KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST OF THEM TO THE GREATEST OF THEM. 
Heb 8:12  FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE." 
Heb 8:13  In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. 

The period of the New Covenant is "everlasting".
It does not end before the Second Coming of Christ.

Heb 13:20  Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 

Last edited:
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
During times of war, people were forced to flee for their lives or risk being killed or captured. It was woeful for those with little babies during these times. Famine associated with man's inhumanity to man occurred during violent conflicts when people were afraid to go into their fields to work for fear of bloodshed. Disease was not well understood, but caused grief and suffering. The sun and moon were darkened during eclipses. Earthquakes were infrequent, but there were stories about them as much of Israel is near the Dead Sea rift zone with associated fault lines. A 19th century earthquake leveled much of Tiberias and Safed in Galilee killing many Jews. Capernaum, Chorazin and Bethsaida were reduced to rubble. Jericho is close to a fault line and earthquakes have damaged structures there. Wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, disease and famine are not the sign of the end, but have occurred from time to time throughout history.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,424.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am reposting the OP

QUOTE="Handmaid for Jesus, post: 70900714, member: 274455"]Here is a question that has not been explored. Jesus said: Matt. 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

So, will there be children? Why is this given as a woe?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one has said it does. And what has that to do with the OP?

The OP is set around the ideas promoted by Dispensational Futurism, which attempts to ignore Luke's account of the Olivet Discourse.
Dispensational Futurism falls apart once one acknowledges the New Covenant found in Hebrews 8:6-13.

The reference to nursing mothers is not about a future event, as revealed by the following passage from Luke's Gospel in the NKJV.

Jesus Foretells Destruction of Jerusalem

Luk 21:20  "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. 

Luk 21:21  Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. 

Luk 21:22  For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 

Luk 21:23  But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people. 

Luk 21:24  And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. 

The Coming of the Son of Man

Luk 21:25  "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 

Luk 21:26  men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 

Luk 21:27  Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 

Luk 21:28  Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." 

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
This will also be straightforward. Some choose to follow the teachings of satan instead of the teachings of the bible. Revelation 2:9, Revelation 3:9.
What were WE before we were born again? Were we not under the ownership of Satan? Did you not read?

Eph 2:
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pilgrim Heir

Feb 10, 2017
Ecuador
✟18,835.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
This prophesy refers to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. Read the historical accounts of this event, and you will see it was not a pleasant time for pregnant women and nursing mothers as the babies were ripped from their wombs and arms and murdered.

• Agree
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,424.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This prophesy refers to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. Read the historical accounts of this event, and you will see it was not a pleasant time for pregnant women and nursing mothers as the babies were ripped from their wombs and arms and murdered.
OK, but do you think there will be a repeat of this happening? I doubt it.

Upvote 0

david.d

Oct 19, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
Visit site
✟27,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This theory fits Jews and Hebrews. But for the most part, the rapture will be for the Gentiles who make up much of the church - the body of Christ on earth today.

It is a very good guess that in the pretrib rapture, God will take all children under the age of accountability. After all, it is harvest time in the mind of God, and it is a good guess that He will harvest all people possible before the days of His wrath.

However, people will continue to do what people do, and babies will be conceived after the rapture.
Please share the scripture with the age of accountability.

Upvote 0

Matthew Twentyfour

Take up your cross daily, and follow Me. Luke 9:23
Jan 19, 2015
✟8,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What were WE before we were born again? Were we not under the ownership of Satan? Did you not read?

Eph 2:
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

What makes you think I was addressing you? Are you the one continuously posting Revelation 2:9 and Revelation 3:9?

Upvote 0