Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here is a question that has not been explored. Jesus said: Matt. 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

So, will there be children? Why is this given as a woe?
It's just saying that it's tough to raise children in the end times and keep them with God. I see so much of my generation just rebelling against their parents and christian ideals. Not to mention the earthquakes and the wars and such. Even now it's like this tough times. IT was tough during JESUS time and tough now

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is a question that has not been explored. Jesus said: Matt. 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

Two thirds of Israel die in the wake of the abomination that causes desolation, in Jerusalem where an earthquake has already has leveled a tenth of the buildings and killed 7,000 people. That's not a good time and place to be trying to take care of an infant child.

Upvote 0

akmom

Jun 13, 2012
U.S.
✟23,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know if you've ever experienced a natural disaster, or a severe weather event, or even a serious traffic jam. I imagine it would be even more true of a war zone. But everything becomes really difficult really fast, and if you add the rigors of pregnancy and young babies, I don't know how anyone manages.

Just imagine being trapped, possibly in imminent danger, deprived of resources like access to food, clean water, shelter, proper clothing and surrounded by people who also lack these things. And there's no end in sight. It's pretty scary. Now imagine you have an infant in your arms, no way to keep it out of the rain, no fresh clothes or diapering supplies, certainly no infant formula and maybe not even enough water and calories for yourself to breastfeed adequately. It's a nightmare. I can't imagine surviving those circumstances with an infant, or knowing that you will go into labor any minute and you have no shelter or help. Babies are so fragile; it's easy to forget when you have a routine and access to anything you need. I've gone camping with an infant, and even though I could have bailed at any time, it did give me some perspective of just how much I depend on modern infrastructure to provide for it. It was so difficult! I also experienced a four-hour traffic jam, and a toddler screaming in the back seat. Oh dear, that was a nightmare. I carry a water bottle and extra diapers in the car, but imagine an event where you didn't have a car or had to leave it, and all you had was what you could carry? And no convenience store to pick up a snack or tarp or blanket? It's scary. All you can do is wait, and hopefully you have someone else to depend on.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Quite a few prophecy scholars think that the woe in the above mentioned scripture is because all children/babies will be taken in the rapture.
This is unbiblical wishful thinking.
Here is what we are promised, what God will do for His true Christian believers:
Isaiah 52:11-12 Go out of Babylon, [the ungodly nations] keep yourselves pure, you will not leave like fugitives or in urgent haste. The Lord will go before you, to guide and guard you.

Isaiah 66:18-20 I will gather my People from every race, nation and language....From all the world you will be brought, on every kind of transport... Psalms 107

Isaiah 35:1-10..... A highway will appear, the Way of Holiness, by that way all those the Lord has redeemed will enter Zion, with shouts of triumph and great joy.

Isaiah 49:9-13 I will lead My people along paths beside streams, they will neither hunger or thirst, nor will scorching heat affect them. They come, some from far away, in every direction, on level highways, for the Lord comforts them in their distress.

Jeremiah 31:8-9 See how I bring My people from every part of the earth, the blind, lame and pregnant women among them. They are a vast company, weeping as they come home, but I shall comfort them and lead them on smooth paths.

Isaiah 30:21 A voice from behind you will tell you the right path to follow.

Isaiah 58:11-12 The Lord will be your guide and will satisfy your needs in the desert. You will rebuild the ruins, you will be called the restorers of the Land.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

They will be running FOR THEIR LIFE! The man of sin turned beast will be hard AFTER THEM. (See Rev. 12) It is much more difficult to run for one's life while carrying a baby!

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
This is unbiblical wishful thinking.
Here is what we are promised, what God will do for His true Christian believers:
Isaiah 52:11-12 Go out of Babylon, [the ungodly nations] keep yourselves pure, you will not leave like fugitives or in urgent haste. The Lord will go before you, to guide and guard you.

Isaiah 66:!8-20 I will gather my People from every race, nation and language....From all the world you will be brought, on every kind of transport... Psalms 107

Isaiah 35:1-10..... A highway will appear, the Way of Holiness, by that way all those the Lord has redeemed will enter Zion, with shouts of triumph and great joy.

Isaiah 49:9-13 I will lead My people along paths beside streams, they will neither hunger or thirst, nor will scorching heat affect them. They come, some from far away, in every direction, on level highways, for the Lord comforts them in their distress.

Jeremiah 31:8-9 See how I bring My people from every part of the earth, the blind, lame and pregnant women among them. They are a vast company, weeping as they come home, but I shall comfort them and lead them on smooth paths.

Isaiah 30:21 A voice from behind you will tell you the right path to follow.

Isaiah 58:11-12 The Lord will be your guide and will satisfy your needs in the desert. You will rebuild the ruins, you will be called the restorers of the Land.
This theory fits Jews and Hebrews. But for the most part, the rapture will be for the Gentiles who make up much of the church - the body of Christ on earth today.

It is a very good guess that in the pretrib rapture, God will take all children under the age of accountability. After all, it is harvest time in the mind of God, and it is a good guess that He will harvest all people possible before the days of His wrath.

However, people will continue to do what people do, and babies will be conceived after the rapture.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

First we will let Jesus answer the question.

Luk 23:26  Now as they led Him away, they laid hold of a certain man, Simon a Cyrenian, who was coming from the country, and on him they laid the cross that he might bear it after Jesus. 
Luk 23:27  And a great multitude of the people followed Him, and women who also mourned and lamented Him. 
Luk 23:28  But Jesus, turning to them, said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. 

Luk 23:29  For indeed the days are coming in which they will say, 'Blessed are the barren, wombs that never bore, and breasts which never nursed!' (Notice the reference here to nursing.)

Luk 23:30  Then they will begin 'TO SAY TO THE MOUNTAINS, "FALL ON US!" AND TO THE HILLS, "COVER US!" ' 

Luk 23:31  For if they do these things in the green wood, what will be done in the dry?" 

On His way to Calvary Christ turned to some of the woman present and told them of the horrors coming during 70 AD, when some women would become so hungry that they would eat their own children.

Next we will allow Dr. Luke to reveal the timeline of the Olivet Discourse found in the NKJV Bible.

Jesus Foretells Wars and Persecution

Luk 21:10  Then He said to them, "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 

Luk 21:11  And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven. 

Luk 21:12  But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake. 

Luk 21:13  But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony. 

Luk 21:14  Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; 

Luk 21:15  for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist. 

Luk 21:16  You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. 

Luk 21:17  And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. 

Luk 21:18  But not a hair of your head shall be lost. 

Luk 21:19  By your patience possess your souls. 

Jesus Foretells Destruction of Jerusalem

Luk 21:20  "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. 

Luk 21:21  Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. 

Luk 21:22  For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 

Luk 21:23  But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people. 

Luk 21:24  And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. 

The Coming of the Son of Man

Luk 21:25  "And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 

Luk 21:26  men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 

Luk 21:27  Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 

Luk 21:28  Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." 

If you compare Matthew 24:19 to the parallel passage from Luke you will see it fits the events leading up to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexDTX
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This theory fits Jews and Hebrews. But for the most part, the rapture will be for the Gentiles who make up much of the church - the body of Christ on earth today.
You rapture believers just cannot get the truth of who is the true righteous Israelites.
The New Testament is abundantly clear: EVERY person who believes in God and accepts Jesus atoning sacrifice, IS now an Israelite of God. I don't need to quote verses proving this, it is the theme of the entire N.T. Ethnicity has no part in who are Christians, the Elect, the chosen ones, the new Ekkelasia, God's holy ones, who are His witnesses and who serve Him on earth. Revelation 5:9-10

God has made many wonderful promises to His 'Overcomers', [literally: Israelites] He will protect and guide us thru all that is coming. Great times are coming!

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,292.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Keras chill out man! No one is disputing whether the New covenant believers are heirs with Lord Jesus. This thread is about whether children will be in the tribulation. And about why Lord Jesus said woe.

In my opinion, there will not be small children here during that time. The woe will be the lamenting of parents whose children have gone in the rapture. Because it will be as it was in the days of Noah, reproduction will be supernaturally halted. Noah's children were almost 100 years old when the flood came, and they did not reproduce until after the flood.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The rapture theory leads to some very peculiar ideas.
Zechariah 8:4-8 The Lord says: Once again old men and women will sit by the streets of Jerusalem.....they will be full of boys and girls at play. A remnant of the Jews and all of My righteous people from the nations to the East and the West, will come to Jerusalem. They will be My people and I will be their God.
This will happen soon after Isaiah 61:2b....the Day of vengeance of our God, is fulfilled.
THEN; Isaiah 61:3-11 will happen, as in Isaiah 62:1-5; the new nation of Beulah, in all of the holy Land. It's citizens will be true Christians out of every race and language. Isaiah 66:18-21 Note that neither Judah or Israel is mentioned in any of the quotes above.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You rapture believers just cannot get the truth of who is the true righteous Israelites.
The New Testament is abundantly clear: EVERY person who believes in God and accepts Jesus atoning sacrifice, IS now an Israelite of God. I don't need to quote verses proving this, it is the theme of the entire N.T. Ethnicity has no part in who are Christians, the Elect, the chosen ones, the new Ekkelasia, God's holy ones, who are His witnesses and who serve Him on earth. Revelation 5:9-10

God has made many wonderful promises to His 'Overcomers', [literally: Israelites] He will protect and guide us thru all that is coming. Great times are coming!
My mother was NOT Jewish!
I am well aware that IN THE SPIRIT there is no difference and Christ broke down the separating wall. But we are still "in the flesh" and will remain so until the rapture. And in the flesh, much of the body of Christ today are Gentiles. Remember, Paul was sent to the Gentiles.

And it will be those in JUDEA that flee into the wilderness. I won't be here. If you wish to be here, perhaps God will leave you behind. The rapture is VERY REAL and will catch those who are watching up to heaven. Believe it for it is truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The rapture theory leads to some very peculiar ideas.
Zechariah 8:4-8 The Lord says: Once again old men and women will sit by the streets of Jerusalem.....they will be full of boys and girls at play. A remnant of the Jews and all of My righteous people from the nations to the East and the West, will come to Jerusalem. They will be My people and I will be their God.
This will happen soon after Isaiah 61:2b....the Day of vengeance of our God, is fulfilled.
THEN; Isaiah 61:3-11 will happen, as in Isaiah 62:1-5; the new nation of Beulah, in all of the holy Land. It's citizens will be true Christians out of every race and language. Isaiah 66:18-21 Note that neither Judah or Israel is mentioned in any of the quotes above.

Yes, of course the raptured church will RETURN with Jesus as the armies of heaven. And we will be on earth for the 1000 years. Rapture believers don't deny this. Notice there will be "people of the nations." They will be Gentiles!

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it will happen after!
After, I presume you mean the Return of Jesus.
Wrong! According to Ezekiel 34:11-16, this gathering and settling into all of the holy Land, is soon after the Day of cloud and darkness. This is not the glorious Return, when the sun will again be darkened, Matthew 24:29-30, because it is by the Lord's deeds, that His people know He is with them. Ezekiel 34:30

I regret having to disagree with you, but when anyone makes a rapture to heaven as a foregone conclusion, then I object, as that theory is far from being proven and simply does not have scriptural support.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My mother was NOT Jewish!
Ethnicity has nothing to do with whether you are one of God's people or not. If you can't read the truth of why Jesus came to earth, then you are lost in a mire of false teachings.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,292.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I regret having to disagree with you, but when anyone makes a rapture to heaven as a foregone conclusion, then I object, as that theory is far from being proven and simply does not have scriptural support.
I love you Keras, even though we disagree about the rapture:hug:

We do agree however about the CME. :amen: ^_^

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Ethnicity has nothing to do with whether you are one of God's people or not. If you can't read the truth of why Jesus came to earth, then you are lost in a mire of false teachings.
I know why He came, to UNDO, destroy, desolve, what Satan has done.

There are scriptures pointed towards the church, and there are other scriptures pointed towards the Jews. If you don't know this, you are lost in a mire of false teaching.

Upvote 0