Will there be a false messiah reigning from Israel ?

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK...I chose the 1st one..."No. no one will ever reign over Jerusalem".

Except who the Jews vote as Prime minister, right now that's Benjamin Netanyahu ...:D

Haha yeah I should have written no messiah ( true or false) will ever reign in Jerusalem :doh:

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My stance it there will be no false messiah reigning over earthly Jerusalem. It's a theological fabrication when you think about it.

The only Jerusalem of significance is ABOVE! :amen:

Jerusalem above comes to earth and god will reign on earth on that day

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jerusalem above comes to earth and god will reign on earth on that day
That's right...because as 1 Corinthian 15:28 says Christ will return the reign to God.

That's 1 Corinthians 15:26 says:
26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death.

That's the second death!

Christ has been reigning since His resurrection, and His reign ends after He judges the world.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, he will die at the hand of God (ezekiel 28:1-10), for going into the temple claiming to be God (2thess2), then God brings him back to life as the strong delusion to them who believed his lie that he is God in the first place.

That's only true if infact the first false messiah is the only false messiah to come from Israel

He doesn't make an idol of himself, that is something the false prophet will have the world do of him. It is an idol none the less.

Yep and place it in the future temple in Jerusalem

It's stages, dfw. In order as presented in the bible, if you took you bible starting with the little horn, first stage;

then flip a few chapters to the prince who shall come, stage two, false king messiah, and into the gospels of the another that Jesus told Nicodemus they would accept;

then keep flipping further toward the back, to 2thess2, the revealing man of sin, when he sells out to Satan, goes into the temple and claims to be God, stage three;

then keep flipping to the last book of the bible, Revelation 13, the mortally wounded/come back to life, Antichrist-beast, stage 4.

Again only if one false messiah indeed comes

But we disagree on the stages somewhat

What will the final messiah do in the last days?

1 rise to power as king of the north
2 war and conquer 3 of the future 10 kingdoms
3 revive the Grecian empire
4 rule over 10 kingdoms territories
5 overthrow Jerusalem
6 destroy Babylon doctrine /religion / subjects
7 claim to be god

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What will the final messiah do in the last days?

1 rise to power as king of the north
2 war and conquer 3 of the future 10 kingdoms
3 revive the Grecian empire
4 rule over 10 kingdoms territories
5 overthrow Jerusalem
6 destroy Babylon doctrine /religion / subjects
7 claim to be god

well, you can't come up with that interpretation, when you compare the fourth beast in Daniel 7, with the beast in Revelation 17, 12, 13. I made a thread with stick-man type illustrations of those beasts and the ten horns - which is the common factor with the Daniel 7 fourth beast and the Revelation 17, 12, 13 beasts.

www.christianforums.com/t7779014/

Doug

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Anyone can say what they will, or laugh, but here is a scripture talking about YOU.
Zechariah 14:2

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

You are Jerusalem, YOU are the House, and YOU are the woman.

Unless you will be able to keep your house, the day will reveal it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

McMatt

Master Debater
May 9, 2013
Canada
✟15,945.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Anyone can say what they will, or laugh, but here is a scripture talking about YOU.
Zechariah 14:2

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

You are Jerusalem, YOU are the House, and YOU are the woman.

Unless you will be able to keep your house, the day will reveal it.

I don't really understand the context you mean. I'm not denying what you're saying, cuz I know a lot of the bible does use metaphors like that. But please elaborate

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

How many believe a false messiah will reign from Israel before the return of Jesus ?

It's not what we believe,but what says the scriptures.....

II Thessalonians 2:4 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

Upvote 0

McMatt

Master Debater
May 9, 2013
Canada
✟15,945.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's not what we believe,but what says the scriptures.....

II Thessalonians 2:4 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

Personally I think the false messiah is a metaphor for the christian church as we know it. Just a theory of course, as no one knows until it happens. I just see the church instilling its own rules and saying those rules are from god, even though the rules don't correlate at all with the teachings of christ. Every out of context scripture, to every bogus claim making people fearful enough to censor their entire lives. It makes me raise questions as to whether the false messiah is just simply going to be our congregation as an organized unit.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I don't really understand the context you mean. I'm not denying what you're saying, cuz I know a lot of the bible does use metaphors like that. But please elaborate

The city of Jerusalem are the believers in the Messiah, it is the bride adorned.

Overcoming the World
…6This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood. It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7For there are three that testify: 8the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement

We are made in the image of God being Male and female, and the spirit, these are seen in the water{flesh} the blood{the life of soul} and the spirit.

Your right eye sees something that you desire by flesh, but the left eye is to tell you not to do it but this Adam is fallen.

It is your house, you keep it, you decide whether to follow the desires of the right eye and what the body whispers that it wants. So you put off the spirit that tells you to only do righteousness, and the 3 of you agree as one. Because whatever you have done, you have done by the water, the blood and the spirit.

These three were created in the image of God which are the 3 who witness in heaven.

You are the woman in the middle and you have to decide which spirit you will follow.

If you have made yourself ready for the bridegroom and built your house in righteousness acting in love and doing works of charity, then you have been a strong house, and you have no fear of your house being broken into, your waters divided and you yourself ravished losing your life.,

But all the works of men will be tested by fire and the fire will descide whether you have built your house on a strong foundation or not.

If you are tested and your work burns, you will suffer a loss, but only as one who goes through a fire.

Judgment begins at the house of the Lord, and so Jerusalem will be searched with lamps.

Young men, maidens, elderly, children, all who die who do not bear the seal of protection between their eyes and upon their right hand.

The rest are killed.

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

Personally I think the false messiah is a metaphor for the christian church as we know it. Just a theory of course, as no one knows until it happens. I just see the church instilling its own rules and saying those rules are from god, even though the rules don't correlate at all with the teachings of christ. Every out of context scripture, to every bogus claim making people fearful enough to censor their entire lives. It makes me raise questions as to whether the false messiah is just simply going to be our congregation as an organized unit.

I think most in the Christian Church will fall for this deception....It's not imaginary,as that false Christ,is satan himself.....

II Corinthians 11:14 "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

McMatt

Master Debater
May 9, 2013
Canada
✟15,945.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The city of Jerusalem are the believers in the Messiah, it is the bride adorned.

Overcoming the World
…6This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood. It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7For there are three that testify: 8the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement

We are made in the image of God being Male and female, and the spirit, these are seen in the water{flesh} the blood{the life of soul} and the spirit.

Your right eye sees something that you desire by flesh, but the left eye is to tell you not to do it but this Adam is fallen.

It is your house, you keep it, you decide whether to follow the desires of the right eye and what the body whispers that it wants. So you put off the spirit that tells you to only do righteousness, and the 3 of you agree as one. Because whatever you have done, you have done by the water, the blood and the spirit.

These three were created in the image of God which are the 3 who witness in heaven.

You are the woman in the middle and you have to decide which spirit you will follow.

If you have made yourself ready for the bridegroom and built your house in righteousness acting in love and doing works of charity, then you have been a strong house, and you have no fear of your house being broken into, your waters divided and you yourself ravished losing your life.,

But all the works of men will be tested by fire and the fire will descide whether you have built your house on a strong foundation or not.

If you are tested and your work burns, you will suffer a loss, but only as one who goes through a fire.

Judgment begins at the house of the Lord, and so Jerusalem will be searched with lamps.

Young men, maidens, elderly, children, all who die who do not bear the seal of protection between their eyes and upon their right hand.

The rest are killed.

That is a very interesting way of looking at it. I don't know if it is an accurate interpretation or not, however that is a very wise outlook

Upvote 0

McMatt

Master Debater
May 9, 2013
Canada
✟15,945.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think most in the Christian Church will fall for this deception....It's not imaginary,as that false Christ,is satan himself.....

II Corinthians 11:14 "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

I don't know if satan comes in a human form as a false archetype per se, or if satan takes over in the form of an ideology. What I do know is that I see the church always pointing outwards at problems and never taking the log out of it's own eye out of sheer narcissism.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here are a group of people that think the church is the bad guy ...worthy of death and punishment ... Yet Jesus bought the church by his own blood shed ...and will restore those the enemy has and continues to seek to destroy

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Christians will not fall for a false Jesus but expose him

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if satan comes in a human form as a false archetype per se, or if satan takes over in the form of an ideology. What I do know is that I see the church always pointing outwards at problems and never taking the log out of it's own eye out of sheer narcissism.

If that's the kind of church you surround yourself with ... You should get out fast and find a real church

Upvote 0