Will the world ever be united under one religion?

Birthew

Apr 24, 2011
West London
✟15,286.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What do you think? If so which religion? And if it could happen how long would it take. Seeing as all religions have similar values could there be a uniting religion that every religion can become relevant under.

I was thinking because there are so many religions, obviously the facts of most of them have to be wrong. But they all have faith so perhaps this universal faith can be united into one.

This may sound crazy, but I was thinking what if faith IS true, and that god makes whatever it is you believe in true when you die, for whatever religion. This could explain why people have so much faith in something when there are various religious beliefs throughout the world with no body abandoning their beliefs.

What d'ya think?

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No...We as the human race are to diverse for that to happen...there may be one in name only, but people will always worship their own deity in their hearts.
old-025.gif

Upvote 0

purnhart

May 21, 2011
Texas
✟7,665.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible says in the end times there will be a one world government and one world religion. It will be anti-Christian. There is only one road to God, thru Jesus Christ. All other roads/religions lead to hell. That is what Jesus said. the only time there will be one religion on the earth is when jesus comes back and has a thousand year reign on the earth. (If it is a literal, one thousand year reign and not just poetry as some people believe.)

Upvote 0

Birthew

Apr 24, 2011
West London
✟15,286.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Bible says in the end times there will be a one world government and one world religion. It will be anti-Christian. There is only one road to God, thru Jesus Christ. All other roads/religions lead to hell. That is what Jesus said. the only time there will be one religion on the earth is when jesus comes back and has a thousand year reign on the earth. (If it is a literal, one thousand year reign and not just poetry as some people believe.)

I'm sure every other religion thinks christianity is a pathway to hell also. And I don't think any other religion leads to hell. They have an equal chance as christianity. Why? because there is no way for an individual to know for sure, for example you would not consider any other religion as it is what you have been brought up so a muslim won't be sent to hell if the christian god is real as he is worshiping the only thing he has been told.

Upvote 0

purnhart

May 21, 2011
Texas
✟7,665.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sure every other religion thinks christianity is a pathway to hell also. And I don't think any other religion leads to hell. They have an equal chance as christianity. Why? because there is no way for an individual to know for sure, for example you would not consider any other religion as it is what you have been brought up so a muslim won't be sent to hell if the christian god is real as he is worshiping the only thing he has been told.

Jesus said He was the only way to God. Either he was a liar, a lunatic or God. IF He was God, then if He says He is the only way to God, He is telling the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

purnhart

May 21, 2011
Texas
✟7,665.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Either he was a liar, a lunatic or God."

Those are the only three choices???......

If he was not God and said he was God and he knew he was not God, he was a liar. If he was not God, said he was God and really believed he was God, he was a lunatic. If he said he was God and he really was God, then he was/is God. What other choice do you see?

Upvote 0

GhostKid

Oct 9, 2006
✟15,220.00
Faith
Baptist
If he was not God and said he was God and he knew he was not God, he was a liar. If he was not God, said he was God and really believed he was God, he was a lunatic. If he said he was God and he really was God, then he was/is God. What other choice do you see?

The only other option is that the Gospel accounts and / or the New Testament in whole were fabrications.

The other option is that Jesus of Nazareth whom took upon Himself the title of The Christ to set Himself apart as Messiah never existed.

Both above are easily debunkable as your above stated debunk. We'll see if we have to actually tackle these.

Upvote 0

cajunhillbilly

Jul 4, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟16,522.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
The only other option is that the Gospel accounts and / or the New Testament in whole were fabrications.

The other option is that Jesus of Nazareth whom took upon Himself the title of The Christ to set Himself apart as Messiah never existed.

Both above are easily debunkable as your above stated debunk. We'll see if we have to actually tackle these.

Sorry the reliability of the New Testament has been shown over and over and over. See the book Evidence That Demands a Verdict or the books by Stroble. :amen::clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GhostKid

Oct 9, 2006
✟15,220.00
Faith
Baptist
Sorry the reliability of the New Testament has been shown over and over and over. See the book Evidence That Demands a Verdict or the books by Stroble. :amen::clap:

I would never ever (Now that I am in a relationship with my Lord and yours Jesus Christ) doubt the reliability of the NT or OT for that matter for the full Word became flesh and dwelt among us. What more do we need? I was merely stating the alt argument that Atheist / Seekers / Doubters might use that we might come across... I sincerely apologize for any confusion of if I came across as a doubter of The Almighty... For I am but a sinner and I am prone to mistakes.

Many Blessings,

GK

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What do you think? If so which religion?
Just like with the "True Church" our labeling or name on a building does not make a church The Church. It is a united sense of a common set, of core beliefs, that united the different members of individual churches or denominations into The Church as referenced in the bible. There maybe a very wide variety of opposing beliefs that would make little difference in the way God would see a "religion" or The True Church.

For example do you look at a Baptist or a Lutheran as a member of the baptist religion or a Lutheran religion? No they are both Christians correct?

The same will be true for the one world religion. It matters not if we have a faith in science, or a faith in Islam, or a faith in Joseph Smith, at the end Man is worshiping himself or His own ideology. To this end the majority of the world is currently under one world religion right now.
It is The worship of Man's preferred ideology over that of God. The different forms of this religion that i listed, are simply different denominations of that system of belief.

And if it could happen how long would it take.
It is complete now.

Seeing as all religions have similar values could there be a uniting religion that every religion can become relevant under.
Yes, as witnessed by the incorporation of modern values into Christianity, even when the bible speaks against it. That makes the circle complete. There is only but a remnant left that does not belong to this unified world religion.

I was thinking because there are so many religions, obviously the facts of most of them have to be wrong. But they all have faith so perhaps this universal faith can be united into one.
Good observation.

This may sound crazy, but I was thinking what if faith IS true, and that god makes whatever it is you believe in true when you die, for whatever religion. This could explain why people have so much faith in something when there are various religious beliefs throughout the world with no body abandoning their beliefs.

What d'ya think?
I believe this sounds like a core doctrine in that one world religion.

Upvote 0

cajunhillbilly

Jul 4, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟16,522.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I would never ever (Now that I am in a relationship with my Lord and yours Jesus Christ) doubt the reliability of the NT or OT for that matter for the full Word became flesh and dwelt among us. What more do we need? I was merely stating the alt argument that Atheist / Seekers / Doubters might use that we might come across... I sincerely apologize for any confusion of if I came across as a doubter of The Almighty... For I am but a sinner and I am prone to mistakes.

Many Blessings,

GK

Okay Gotcha. Well those books I mentioned will help in refuting the unbeliever. Always good to have resources. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally Posted by If Not For Grace
The world can never be united. (period).
Not with that attitude!

Perhaps I should have use "this" instead of "the"--If this wolrd could be Truly united, there would be no need for Christ to return or for a new
earth.

Upvote 0