Will the Second Coming be a messiah to Muslims and Jews too as well as Christians?

Luke631

Jun 6, 2019
New York
✟24,936.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He IS the Messiah, but when He returns, He will be the savior of some and the judge to others.
Yeah, but I think the Muslims will find Him their savior too and Jews will think He is the prophet they're awaiting. At least in my theory.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, but I think the Muslims will find Him their savior too and Jews will think He is the prophet they're awaiting. At least in my theory.

They aren't looking for Jesus. They are looking for who the scriptures call the beast.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Once He returns there won't be a single person that doesn't know who He is. They learn that soon enough. What puzzles me about your theory, why is it that everyone else has to already be saved before He comes, or before they die, which ever might come first, while there are some that don't need to already be saved before He comes, but can be saved after He comes instead?

Don't you find it odd that some Jews are still looking for the first coming of the Messiah, while other Jews are no longer looking for the first coming, but are now looking for the 2nd coming instead? To the former the 2nd coming might appear to them to be the first coming since they deny the first coming has already happened. By them denying the first coming they are also denying the one who already came.

This doesn't mean there can't be a national repentence by unbelieving Jews at some point, but that it would have to be before the 2nd coming, and not after instead. IOW, God does something so profound concerning them, that they as a nation can no longer deny that the Messiah they are still waiting on has already come and is coming again. IMO, Ezekiel 38 and 39 is perhaps the profound that might get the job done.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Where does it say that in the Bible?

For the Jews, John 5:43.

Since there weren't any Muslims until a number of centuries after the scriptures were written, there wouldn't be any mention of them specifically, but there have been numerous studies done comparing the characteristics of their expected Mahdi with those of the Antichrist, showing they are the same person. It shouldn't take you long to find a few. Even in their eschatology, Jesus returns with the Mahdi fulfilling the role that we would call the False Prophet.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Muslims abiding in the Quran do not view Jesus as Messiah ... they view him as a prophet ... an NOT Messiah ... they do not see them as their savior.

Anyone (regardless or ethnic/origin.. etc) who has accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior will be saved when He returns and the 1st resurrection happens .... the rest are the lost and will be raised in the 2nd resurrection and will be destroyed for eternity.

It's all about one's relationship with Jesus.

Upvote 0