Will the Levitical Priests make Sacrifices during the Millennial Reign?

Will the Levitical Priests make Sacrifices during the Millennial Reign?

• Yes

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • I don't understand the question.

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not very strong in my prophecy studies. I have been studying this subject; and I had planned on putting forth an opinion. I've decided that instead of taking a tremendous amount of time building a strong foundation on my own; that I would put forth the question, to allow others to help expedite building my understanding.

I'll start the conversation with this verse:

(CLV) Ezk 44:15
Yet the Levitical priests, sons of Zadok, who kept the charge of My sanctuary when the sons of Israel strayed from on Me, they shall come near to Me to minister to Me, and they will stand before Me to offer to Me the fat and the blood, averring is my Lord Yahweh.

Thanks in advance to all who will participate; and remember, fight nice!

We're not here to abuse each other.

Last edited:

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Is this speaking of a heavenly Jerusalem with sacrifices to come in eternity rather than a physical Jerusalem on earth??

Hi Carl,

I suspected that this question might come up. It crossed my mind as well. I have an opinion; but that opinion isn't well founded enough to make an assertion.

Could I buy you some popcorn?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yet the Levitical priests, sons of Zadok, who kept the charge of My sanctuary when the sons of Israel strayed from on Me, they shall come near to Me to minister to Me, and they will stand before Me to offer to Me the fat and the blood, averring is my Lord Yahweh.
Focusing on this verse only, one observation is that this does not speak of whole burnt offerings. Offering the fat and the blood is the proper way to kill an animal to maintain kosher. This could mean that the Zadok priesthood will ensure that all nations will keep the covenant with Noah, and not eat with the blood. I'll have mine without butter.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Focusing on this verse only, one observation is that this does not speak of whole burnt offerings. Offering the fat and the blood is the proper way to kill an animal to maintain kosher. This could mean that the Zadok priesthood will ensure that all nations will keep the covenant with Noah, and not eat with the blood. I'll have mine without butter.

Read on...

(CLV) Ezk 44:23
They shall direct My people to distinguish between the holy and the profane, and they shall inform them the difference between the unclean and the clean.

(CLV) Ezk 44:24
In a controversy it is they who shall officiate in judgment; in accord with My ordinances, thus they will judge it; My laws and My statutes shall they observe at all My appointed times, and My sabbaths shall they hallow.

(CLV) Ezk 44:27
and in the day he enters the holy place, into the inner court to minister in the holy place, he shall offer his sin offering, averring is my Lord Yahweh.

popcorn.gif

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
(CLV) Ezk 44:27
and in the day he enters the holy place, into the inner court to minister in the holy place, he shall offer his sin offering, averring is my Lord Yahweh.
I see that at verse 27 there is a transition into the Holy Place. Prior to, they ministered in the inner court.
Therefore he must offer his sin offering unto the Lord.
My question is, are they ministering on behalf of the world now, or on behalf of Israel? In Acts, the gentiles are advised that they shall not eat with the blood. This is not Moses, this is the covenant that God made with all mankind when He authorized Noah to eat flesh. With that one prohibition, not to eat with the blood, for the life is in the blood. It seems to me that only Jews who have kept Kosher have been careful to keep this command. (unless you include vegetarians).

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I see that at verse 27 there is a transition into the Holy Place. Prior to, they ministered in the inner court.
Therefore he must offer his sin offering unto the Lord.
My question is, are they ministering on behalf of the world now, or on behalf of Israel?

(CLV) Mt 15:24
Now He, answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

(CLV) Hb 8:10
"For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days," the Lord is saying: "Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.

(CLV) Ex 12:49
One law shall there be for both the native and for the sojourner sojourning in your midst.

In Acts, the gentiles are advised that they shall not eat with the blood. This is not Moses, this is the covenant that God made with all mankind when He authorized Noah to eat flesh. With that one prohibition, not to eat with the blood, for the life is in the blood. It seems to me that only Jews who have kept Kosher have been careful to keep this command. (unless you include vegetarians).

James' message was the bare minimum for a gentile to be able to share table fellowship with Israel; while they continued to learn Torah every Sabbath. He was speaking of babes in need of milk.

A ger toshav is a gentile who accepts the authority of the Torah and the rabbis upon himself, but specifically as applied to gentiles. The term ger toshav may be used in a formal or informal sense.

In the formal sense, a ger toshav is a gentile who officially accepts the seven Noahide Laws as binding upon himself in the presence of a beth din (Jewish rabbinical court). In the Talmudic discussion regarding the ger toshav, there are two other, differing minority opinions (Avodah Zarah, 64b) as to what the ger toshav accepts upon himself:[6][7]

1. To abstain from idolatrous practices of any kind (detailed in Exodus 20:2–4, Deut 5:6–8).[2]
  2. To uphold all the 613 commandments in rabbinical enumeration,[2] except for the prohibition against eating kosher animals that died by means other than ritual slaughter, or possibly[6] (Meiri) any prohibition not involving kareth.
The accepted legal definition is the majority opinion that the ger toshav must accept the seven Noahide Laws before a rabbinical court of three.[2][6] Such a ger toshav receives certain legal protections and privileges from the community, the rules regarding Jewish-Gentile relations are modified, and there is a Biblical obligation to render him aid when in need. The restrictions on having a gentile do work for a Jew on the Sabbath are also stricter when the gentile is a ger toshav.[8]

In the informal sense, a ger toshav is one who accepts the Noahide Laws on his own, or alternatively, simply rejects idolatry[2][6] (the latter issue is in particular brought up regarding Muslims.)[6] More formally, a gentile who accepts the Seven Mitzvot, although not before a beth din, is known as chasid umot ha'olam, which means "Pious People of the World."[9] There is discussion among the halakhic authorities as to which of the rules regarding a ger toshav would apply to the informal case.[2][8]

The procedure has been discontinued since the cessation of the year of Jubilee, and hence, there are no formal gerim toshvim (plural) extant today. However, it can be argued that a great deal are "informal" ones,[6] especially since it is possible to be a chasid umot ha'olam even when the Jubilee Year is not observed.[10]

ger toshav - Yahoo Search Results

(CLV) Ec 1:9
What occurred once, it shall occur again, And what was done, it shall be done again. There is nothing at all new under the sun.

(CLV) Ac 15:20
but to write an epistle to them to be abstaining from ceremonial pollution with idols, and prostitution, and what is strangled, and blood.

Leviticus 17
7 No longer shall they sacrifice their sacrifices to hairy goat-demons after whom they have been prostituting. An eonian statute shall this become for them throughout their generations. 8 To them you shall say:Any man from the house of Israel or from the sojourners who sojourn in your midst who should offer an ascent offering or a sacrifice 9 and not bring it to the opening of the tent of appointment to offer it to Yahweh, that man will be cut off from his kinsmen. 10 As for any man from the house of Israel and from the sojourners sojourning in your midst who should eat any blood, I will set My face against the soul eating blood, and I will cut him off from among his people, 11 for the soul of the flesh, it is in the blood, and I Myself have assigned it to you to make a propitiatory shelter over your souls on the altar; for the blood, in the soul it makes a propitiatory shelter. 12 Therefore I say to the sons of Israel:No soul at all of you shall eat blood; nor shall the sojourner sojourning in your midst eat blood. 13 Any man from the sons of Israel and from the sojourners sojourning in your midst who hunt a game animal or a flyer which may be eaten will pour out its blood and cover it with soil, 14 for the soul of all flesh is its blood; as its soul is it. So I said to the sons of Israel:The blood of any flesh you shall not eat, for the soul of all flesh, it is its blood. Everyone eating it shall be cut off.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,010.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prior to becoming Amil I followed the writings of George Ladd, a premil teacher who considered it to be a 'Christian Millenium' - I.O.W. no animal sacrifices.

Whether you chose to be Amil or historic Premil, we should stand together against any plans to rebuild the temple and re-institute the old sacrifices. Do not enthuse about it, do not contribute money toward it, and above all, do not participate in it. It is blasphemy!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not very strong in my prophecy studies. I have been studying this subject; and I had planned on putting forth an opinion. I've decided that instead of taking a tremendous amount of time building a strong foundation on my own; that I would put forth the question, to allow others to help expedite building my understanding.

There is nothing in Ezekiel 40-48 that would suggest that this is an active ongoing unconditional promise to Israel. Quite the opposite! A greater temple followed just a few hundred years after Ezekiel's conditional vision; a temple that would last forever – God’s spiritual temple. The Old Testament sacrifices and ordinances had an expiration date, it was called the cross. Since then Christ is our lone eternal sacrifice for sin. He has rendered the rest needless and obsolete. This was an old covenant promise with old covenant ordinances that is now redundant under the new covenant arrangement. What is more, he was not speaking to some supposed generation of mortal rebels in your semi-corrupt semi-glorious future millennial age. There is zero evidence of that. Premils have created this theory to sustain their view of Revelation 20.

Why would Jesus oversee such a futile sham? Why would He put His blessing upon such a bloody mess for a thousand yrs after His return? If these sacrifices are so apt and important for your supposed future millennial age, why not keep them going for all eternity? Why not bring them back now?

• Agree
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Prior to becoming Amil I followed the writings of George Ladd, a premil teacher who considered it to be a 'Christian Millenium' - I.O.W. no animal sacrifices.

Whether you chose to be Amil or historic Premil, we should stand together against any plans to rebuild the temple and re-institute the old sacrifices. Do not enthuse about it, do not contribute money toward it, and above all, do not participate in it. It is blasphemy!

I believe that the Yahudim (YHWH's people) are in exile, and should not return until we are called. Many Rabbis (you have one teacher) have historically agreed:

The Rabbis Speak Out

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Christ's Ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary:

There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle which the Lord set up and not man. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross.

There is no need for an earthly sanctuary.

Hebrews 9:24
For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf.

Hebrews 8:1-2
Now the point in what we are saying is this: we have such a high priest, one who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, a minister in the holy places, in the true tent that the Lord set up, not man.

Hebrews 9:12
He entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption.

Hebrews 9:23-24

Thus it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these rites, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that the Yahudim (YHWH's people) are in exile, and should not return until we are called. Many Rabbis (you have one teacher) have historically agreed:

The Rabbis Speak Out

Not true! If they reject Christ they are NOT "YHWH's people." They are off their father the devil.

Jesus said: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

Jesus was our signpost to heaven. He was our direction. He was the way! What is more, when men saw Christ they saw truth, when they heard Christ they heard truth, when they embraced Christ they embraced truth. He also was the embodiment of eternal life. Without Him is spiritual death.

Jesus said, in John 10:1, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.” He then goes on to explain, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture” (John 10:9).

Favor with God can come only through Jesus Christ. He is heaven’s only means of access to God. Acts 4:12 says, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”

This is God’s only way to heaven. Christ is the center-point of salvation. We therefore see that Christ alone is our only way of access to heaven. There is no alternative arrangement pertaining to race or any other distinction. 1 Corinthians 3:11 states, “For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”

Of course, Christ is the Rock that the believer stands on. He is the only spiritual foundation for man. Men either build their house upon that Rock or build it upon sand. Sand is self! A house properly built upon the Rock stands firm in the midst of the storm but the house built upon the sand falls apart. 1 Timothy 2:5-6 expressly states, “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time”

This couldn’t be any clearer! There is no Plan B. There is no back-doors into heaven. There is no alternative salvation. There is no other means of man gaining favor with God! There is no other way to become a child of God. There is no other path to be God’s one of God’s elect.

John the Baptist proclaimed in John 3:36, “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

There is nothing vague, ambiguous or complicated here. God only sees those in Christ and those not in Christ. There is also no room for fence-sitting here. If a Jew or Gentile (in the Old Testament or the New Testament) loves the Messiah Christ He is one of God's chosen, if he doesn't he is under the wrath of God. Simple!!! Basically: accept Jesus and God accepts you, reject Him and God rejects you.

Jesus said in John 5:23b-24, “He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

Ok, what does this mean? Simple: those Jews and Gentiles that don’t accept Christ, don’t accept the Father. Christ-rejecting Jews and Gentiles are therefore under condemnation and are of their father the devil.

I John 2:22-23 solemnly asks, “Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ (or Messiah)? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.”

Q. Does Israel overwhelmingly deny “that Jesus is the Christ” or Messiah?

A. Absolutely. Therefore, Judaism without Christ is a counterfeit religion. It is apostate! Any belief that denies Christ His rightful place as man's sole Redeemer is destined for destruction. Anyone that rejects Christ (1) is antichrist, (2) belongs to Satan, (3) is part of the kingdom of darkness and is (4) bound for the Lake of Fire.

1 John 5:12: “He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.”

The teaching of Scripture couldn’t be plainer: Jews who do recognize Christ as Messiah are saved. Jews who do not recognize Christ as Messiah are lost. The only chosen people that God knows and accepts are those that accept His Son. The rest are of their father the devil.

2 John 1:9: “Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.”

If a sinner refuses Christ, he refuses the Father. This couldn’t be clearer in Scripture.

Jesus said in Luke 9:48, “whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me.”

So, those that reject Jesus, reject salvation. Those that reject Jesus, reject the Father. Those that reject Jesus, are children of the devil. This is seen throughout the inspired New Testament account.

Jesus said in Matthew 11:6: “blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.”

We don’t need to speculate about what natural Israel currently thinks of Christ.

Jesus said in Matthew 12:30, “He that is not with me is against me.”

There is no neutrality with this Jesus. There is no room for fence-sitting when it comes to Him. You are either for Him or against Him.

Jesus said in John 15:23, “He that hateth me hateth my Father also.”

God does not separate His elect up, He unites them together in Christ. In fact, there is nothing more unbiblical in this new covenant period than trying to divide up the people of God on the grounds of ethnicity. That is spiritual apartheid and runs completely to the New Testament plan of God to bring Jew and Gentile together equally in Christ. The whole mission of Jesus Christ in introducing the new covenant was to unite Jew and Gentile in salvation. Nothing could be clearer in the New Testament!

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There is nothing in Ezekiel 40-48 that would suggest that this is an active ongoing unconditional promise to Israel.

OK, I haven't studied this out enough to refute that; but what about this?:

(CLV) Jer 33:20
Thus says Yahweh: If you could annul My covenant with the day and My covenant with the night so that daytime and night fail to come about in their proper time,

(CLV) Jer 33:21
then also My covenant could be annulled with David My servant, so that he should not come to have a son reigning on his throne, and that with the Levites, the priests, My ministers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK, I haven't studied this out enough to refute that; but what about this?:

(CLV) Jer 33:20
Thus says Yahweh: If you could annul My covenant with the day and My covenant with the night so that daytime and night fail to come about in their proper time,

(CLV) Jer 33:21
then also My covenant could be annulled with David My servant, so that he should not come to have a son reigning on his throne, and that with the Levites, the priests, My ministers.

If it says what you are suggesting (and this refers to the literal earthly kingship of David's seed and the literal Levitical priesthood): why does natural Israel not currently have a physical king today and a temple, priesthood, animal sacrifices and temple ordinance? The reality is: the promises of the perpetuity of the throne of David and the priesthood have been fulfilled in Messiah Christ. He made one final sacrifice for sin and made the temple eternally redundant. He sits on David's throne upon high today.

Jesus Christ is the fulfilment of God's promise concerning the perpetuity of David’s kingly authority. Jesus also fulfills the perpetuity of Levi.

This reading is saying the opposite to what you are claiming. Please read this slowly, "David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel; Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually."

It says the house of Israel shall "never want" a man to sit on the throne or to make animal sacrifices (as you desire) because Messiah will perfectly and eternally fulfil both offices. He is Israel's lone high priest. He is Israel's lone king. He holds both in the heavenly realm thus rendering the earthly shadow and type redundant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I think most christian premillenialists that I know of don't look the reinstitution of jewish sacrifice as blasphemy, most view it as a symbolic action. After all Jesus himself will be on the throne of david as prophecied. I don't think they will go into the temple where Jesus is and try to sacrifice another atonement offering. There is only one atonement now, it's Christ's blood. Rather God is keeping his promise that the temple will be rebuilt and fully functional, and that involves the sacrifices. But just as you can burn incense and it can be a sweet smelling aroma, so too sacrifice is a pleasing thing to God. Especially when done by His people, and in a manner prescribed in the Bible.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle which the Lord set up and not man. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross.

How does that relate to these verses?:

(CLV) Zch 14:16
And it will come to be that everyone left of all the nations coming against Jerusalem, they will also go up, as often as year by year, to worship the King, Yahweh of hosts, and to celebrate the festival of booths.

(CLV) Zch 14:17
And it will come, whoever shall not go up from the families of the earth, to Jerusalem to worship the King, Yahweh of hosts, then the downpour shall not come on them.

(CLV) Zch 14:18
And if a family of Egypt shall not go up, and will not come, then it will not be on them; there shall come the stroke with which Yahweh shall strike the nations which will not go up to celebrate »the festival of booths.

(CLV) Zch 14:19
This shall be the sin of Egypt, and the sin of all the nations which will not go up to celebrate the festival of booths.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.