Please let me know what you think of John 7:37-39 in the context of the chapter, especially verse 2.

• I believe all the Jewis Feasts should not be considered relevant in the new covenant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I beleive the Feasts of Leviticus 23 are shadows of the reality of Jesus Christ's acts of grace

• I believe that the time has come for humanity to come together and pray for the Latter Rain

• I believe references to the former and Latter Rain in the Word are in reference to the Holy Spirit

• I believe the Harvest of the earth is preceded by two major outpourings of the Holy Spirit

• Total voters

LaterRainFOT

Nov 6, 2022
pocomoke
✟8,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please let me know what you think of John 7:37-39 in the context of the chapter, especially verse 2.

I have had several ideas about what Jesus Christ was prophesying in those verses. The one that has stirred my heart over the last 5 months has been that the Latter Rain of the Holy Spirit referenced in Joel 2 will occur during the Feast of Tabernacles - described in Leviticus 23. Although i do not keep the Jewish Feasts i have come to believe that they are shadows which layout a sequence of great acts of Christ's salvation on behalf of humanity. We know that the Jewish feasts were shadows of things to come (Col. 2:17). As i understand the Word of God - the Israelite Feast of Passover was a prophecy about the sacrifice of the Lamb of God on the cross. The Feast of Pentecost was the shadow pointing towards the reality of the Pouring out of the Holy Spirit in Acts 2. The Feast of First fruits would then be a shadow of the Resurrection of Christ after his body lay in the grave for 3 days (1 Cor. 15:20). I have found several Messianic Jewish websites that embrace this understanding of prophecy in the Old Testment, so i am wondering what other bible students understand about the feasts of the Jews.

I have always understood the parables in the word of God regarding the last Great Harvest of the Earth as a metaphor for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. It follows then that their would be an early rain (of the Holy Spirit) to grow the wheat (the Church) and a latter rain of the Holy Spirit (Joel 2:23) prior to the final harvest. I see the events in the world today indicating that the Lord's Coming is soon - even at the door. I understand that after Jesus Christ was taken into heaven that His followers began to ask Jesus to pour out the Comforter upon the Church and He did so at the Feast of Pentecost. It would be appropriate then to pray earnestly for the Latter Rain of the Holy Spirit (James 5:7) to be poured out on humanity prior to His return.

My understanding at this point, is that God is encouraging me to pray for the Latter Rain of the Holy Spirit upon all flesh as outlined in Joel 2 before, during and after the Feast of Tabernacles which occurs each year in the fall. And that this prayer movement should be an invitation to all nations (Zach 14:16-21). I had this prayer on my heart during the eight days of the feast this year October 9-16, and i still have it on my heart in preparation for 2023. I feel led to "sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly". Inviting everyone - the congregation, the elders, the children, calling for the bride of Christ to come "out of her closet." That like Mordecia pleaded with the Bride of the king, to recognize that it is possible that we have come into the Kingdom of Christ for such an hour as this!