Will the LAST Anglican Around Turn Out The Lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce S

Dec 28, 2002
✟1,232.00
Faith
Protestant
Self immolation, going down in flames.

I was reading that mainstream Anglicanism has seen a DECLINE in membership of 33% over the past two decades.

Now we see a true rebellion underway now, with homosexuality in the leadership being crammed down the throats of the majority. Totally unbiblical teachings are now the norm.

So, how long until there are no more Anglicans in the USA and Great Britian. Will overseas Anglicans in Asia and Africa bolt and leave the hereitical leadership overseeing empty church's?

It certainly looks that way now.

ukok

Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and Emotional
Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
Considering that the Anglican churches here in the UK have an enormous elderly following, i would imagine that unless the Anglican Church make a concerted effort to attract younger people to their Churches, when the older folk are with us no more, then indeed the pews may well be empty.

As to your point about the homosexuality C of E split scenario, you may have a point. A lot of my Christian friends are very disturbed by what is happening at the moment. Having said that, our local C of E is absolutely packed whenever the doors are open...but the average age of it's attendants are 65 +. Bless them all.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟559,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bruce S said:
Self immolation, going down in flames.

I was reading that mainstream Anglicanism has seen a DECLINE in membership of 33% over the past two decades.

Now we see a true rebellion underway now, with homosexuality in the leadership being crammed down the throats of the majority. Totally unbiblical teachings are now the norm.

So, how long until there are no more Anglicans in the USA and Great Britian. Will overseas Anglicans in Asia and Africa bolt and leave the hereitical leadership overseeing empty church's?

It certainly looks that way now.

This hits me especially hard in that I was raised, baptized, and confirmed in a little episcopalian church in upstate NY. I know some of the people who are in these churches, including the father who is now over my childhood church. They are all quite sad and very burdened. We must keep them in prayer and believe God will deliver.

There is some serious talk about entire congregations leaving the organization. This would be a major thing for most of them because the local church does not own the buildings... the state organization does. So it will be a hard thing for them to do...

Upvote 0

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
Reminds me of what the German Lutheran church did in the 1930's and 1940's.

The German clergy class encouraged its flock to follow the dictates of Adolph Hitler rather then the dictates of Jesus Christ. The flock was encouraged to be in total submission and to give their all to the Fatherland.

What a tragedy ensued.

Today the Lutheran churches in Germany are practically empty.

The Episcopalian clergy class is encouraging its flock to fall in line under the homosexual agenda rather than the teachings of the Bible. Perhaps this will bring in some needed cash from wealthy homosexuals or very liberal individuals. But in the long run, there will only be a weakening affect, and eventually.....empty churches.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
I was saved in a spirit-filled Episcopalian church! This could be the refining fire needed to bring the church back to life - appeal to those who do not approve of liberal doctrine. One email list I belong to says that a split will probably occur, property will be a problem, but that the Lord will provide. The most spiritual congregations today are in Asia and Africa - should be a thrilling opportunity to join with them in real worship of God, not man!

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Also, I attended an Episcopal church in NJ when I returned from Fla. as I needed the Eucharist AND fellowship. I was there for 8 weeks, every Sunday and Wednesday for a tiny evening service. Of the 10 people there, only one man spoke to me and the priest never remembered me. He, coincidentally, threatened to call the police when a street preacher handed out tracts to the parishioners the past 2 Sundays. Hmmm - methinks he's missing the point of "you must be born-again".

Upvote 0
jeffthefinn said:
A great many of us have already left, Orthodoxy and Roman Catholicism seem to be picking up the Anglo-Catholics, I do not know where the more Evangelical type of Anglican is ending up, but they are also leaving as well.
Jeff the Finn

And both RCC and EO are getting priests from Episcopalians. The priest who said my mother's funeral Mass was one such. It's also where the rule on priestly celibacy will probably be relaxed

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Bruce S said:

I was in the Charismatic Episcopal church for about 10 years before I left to become a part of the holiness pentacostals which is actually not a denomination, just a teaching.

Last sunday I was talking to someone who still attends the Episcopal Church that I attended. He said the pastor is talking about how a time may come when they will have to leave the Episcopal Church. Even if they have to give up their building.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Lion of Narnia said:
And both RCC and EO are getting priests from Episcopalians. The priest who said my mother's funeral Mass was one such. It's also where the rule on priestly celibacy will probably be relaxed

Not necessarily....

A married man may be accepted into the priesthood in the Roman Church, but a single man going into the priesthood is to remain celibate. The married man may also apply for the deaconate program and be able to administer many of the duties that are presently done by priests. But for the deaconate or the priest who is married, should their spouse die, then they are expected to remain single. The deacon may re-marry under special circumstance and special consideration, i.e. say there are young children in the home still needing a mother.

There ARE married priests in the RCC, but they were married before they became priests.

~malaka~

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.