USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whether it should be built or not, during the trib there IS a temple according to Rev 11:

Revelation 11:1
Then there was given me a measuring rod like a staff; and someone said, “Get up and measure the temple of God and the altar, and those who worship in it.
2 Leave out the court which is outside the temple and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread under foot the holy city for forty-two months.​

That is a real, on earth temple. It is NOT the temple in Heaven which is written about in Rev 14 and 15.
Ahhh. Yeah. I never denied that

The issue is being clear that there really shouldn’t be

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Herod's temple was the third temple.
Herod's Temple is another name for the Second Temple as it had a major remodel under Herod, but it was still the Second Temple.

Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
According to hadith, Muhammad is said to have prophesied that the Masih ad-Dajjal would be the last of a series of thirty Dajjal or "deceivers".[4]

• Muhammad is reported to have said:
Ad-Dajjal is blind in the right eye and his eye looks like a bulging out grape.[5]

Why is Mohammed an authority on this subject?

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
The tribulation you speak of is not future. The temple in Revelation is not an earthly temple
Here is a post on the subject from another board.

• Futurists would have us believe the temple of God found in Rev. 11 is a literal future re-built Jewish Temple located in Jerusalem.

• However, Jesus’ statement contradicts that teaching:

• And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple [Gr: hieron] and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. [Gr: hieron]

• And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

• Rather than illustrate the destruction of the Temple in vague terms Jesus specifically details the destruction in such a way as to lead the unbiased reader to conclude that the Temple shall not only be thrown down, but it will stay down.

• And down it has stayed…..for nigh unto 2,000 years thus far.

• To further guarantee it stays down, the Lord has sovereignly raised up the Palestinian Sunni Muslims so that they would build their most sacred mosque, Dome on the Rock, on the very grounds upon which the Jewish Temple once stood.

• So then what does the temple of Rev. 11 refer to if not a literal re-built Jewish Temple?

• Scripture gives us the answer.

• Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, [Gr: naon] and in three days I will raise it up.

• Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

• But he spake of the temple [Gr: naou] of his body.

• (See Strong’s Concordance # 3485, naos.)

• Please note that the literal temple of which Jesus was speaking in Matt. 24 uses the Greek noun hieron (Strong’s Concordance # 2411).

• When speaking of the ‘temple of the body’ the Greek noun naos is always used.

• Know ye not that ye are the temple [Gr: naos] of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

• If any man defile the temple [Gr: naon] of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple [Gr: naos] of God is holy, which (temple) ye are.

• What? know ye not that your body is the temple [Gr: naos] of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

• And what agreement hath the temple [Gr: naou] of God with idols? for ye are the temple [Gr: naos] of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

• In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple [Gr: naon] in the Lord.

• Let us now examine Rev. 11 to determine whether the Temple cited in the Greek text is that of hieron – the literal temple – or naos, the anti-type of the Jewish Temple……….the body of Christians in whom the Spirit of God dwells.

• And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple [Gr: naon] of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

• But the court which is without the temple [Gr: naou] leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

• In point of fact, the temple of Rev. 11 and all other references to the Temple of God in the Revelation speak of the spiritual temple of believers.

• I encourage the reader to discover for himself that the only Greek noun used in the Revelation referring to the temple of God is naos.

• Now let us consider, another prophetic Scripture in which the phrase temple of God is utilized:

• Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

• Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple [Gr: naon] of God, shewing himself that he is God.

• Once again, we have confirmation that the temple of God about which the Holy Spirit speaks is the spiritual temple of God: the Body of Christ: the professing Christian Church…..not a literal re-built Jewish Temple in Jerusalem.

• Antichrist will be a fraudulent professing Christian who will claim rule over the professing universal Christian Church.

• That fraud is the Bishop of Rome: the reigning Pope holding the Papal office.

• Futurism is a false teaching whose origins are found in the perverted teachings of the Papal-worshipping anti-Christian Jesuits.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Herod's Temple is another name for the Second Temple as it had a major remodel under Herod, but it was still the Second Temple.
Josephus tells us that the Jews opposed Herod building it as they thought he would pull it down and not rebuild it. It took about 80 or so years to build it, so hardly a remodel.
The Three temples built by.

Solomon
Ezra
Herod.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The tribulation you speak of is not future. The temple in Revelation is not an earthly temple

• Futurists would have us believe the temple of God found in Rev. 11 is a literal future re-built Jewish Temple located in Jerusalem.

• And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple [Gr: hieron] and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. [Gr: hieron]

• And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

• Rather than illustrate the destruction of the Temple in vague terms Jesus specifically details the destruction in such a way as to lead the unbiased reader to conclude that the Temple shall not only be thrown down, but it will stay down.

• To further guarantee it stays down, the Lord has sovereignly raised up the Palestinian Sunni Muslims so that they would build their most sacred mosque, Dome on the Rock, on the very grounds upon which the Jewish Temple once stood.

• So then what does the temple of Rev. 11 refer to if not a literal re-built Jewish Temple?

• Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, [Gr: naon] and in three days I will raise it up.

• Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

• Please note that the literal temple of which Jesus was speaking in Matt. 24 uses the Greek noun hieron (Strong’s Concordance # 2411).

• Know ye not that ye are the temple [Gr: naos] of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

• If any man defile the temple [Gr: naon] of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple [Gr: naos] of God is holy, which (temple) ye are.

• What? know ye not that your body is the temple [Gr: naos] of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

• And what agreement hath the temple [Gr: naou] of God with idols? for ye are the temple [Gr: naos] of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

• In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple [Gr: naon] in the Lord.

• Let us now examine Rev. 11 to determine whether the Temple cited in the Greek text is that of hieron – the literal temple – or naos, the anti-type of the Jewish Temple……….the body of Christians in whom the Spirit of God dwells.

• And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple [Gr: naon] of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

• But the court which is without the temple [Gr: naou] leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

• In point of fact, the temple of Rev. 11 and all other references to the Temple of God in the Revelation speak of the spiritual temple of believers.

• I encourage the reader to discover for himself that the only Greek noun used in the Revelation referring to the temple of God is naos.

• Now let us consider, another prophetic Scripture in which the phrase temple of God is utilized:

• Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

• Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple [Gr: naon] of God, shewing himself that he is God.

• Once again, we have confirmation that the temple of God about which the Holy Spirit speaks is the spiritual temple of God: the Body of Christ: the professing Christian Church…..not a literal re-built Jewish Temple in Jerusalem.

• Antichrist will be a fraudulent professing Christian who will claim rule over the professing universal Christian Church.

• Futurism is a false teaching whose origins are found in the perverted teachings of the Papal-worshipping anti-Christian Jesuits.
So the anti christ will not be seen “sitting” in the temple

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So Paul was wrong. And we can disregard 2 Thessalonians 2

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Josephus tells us that the Jews opposed Herod building it as they thought he would pull it down and not rebuild it. It took about 80 or so years to build it, so hardly a remodel.
The Three temples built by.

Solomon
Ezra
Herod.
You can think of it that way if you like, but it was a rebuild or remodel of the Second Temple. Temple services continued during the work which was done primarily by priests. Honestly, I'm not aware of any sources that claim it's the third temple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
So the anti christ will not be seen “sitting” in the temple
So Paul was wrong. And we can disregard 2 Thessalonians 2

No you are wrong. The true church has always considered the Temple in prophecy to be the body of Christ, the church. The early church writers believed that and it was only since the early 1800's the false futurist teaching was accepted by protestants that the so called literal interpretation taught a future temple.

Paul said "You are the temple of God", that is the body of Christ.
  • 2 Thess 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
  • 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
  • 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
  • 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
  • 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
Paul told them to remember these things that he told them privately. They would have told other churches an the ECW would have known some of this. They told us that the Roman Empire would be overthrown by 10 kings, and out of those king(dom)s the antichrist would arise. This happened when 10 Gothic kings overthrew the empire.These kingdoms gave the pope his power because he conned them by presenting forged documents such as the Donation of Constantine and the Decretals of Peter.

As such the papal Antichrist sits in the temple of God, the church as God. 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped. Note not that he exalts himself above God but all that is called God. What is called god in the Catholic religion? A. The consecrated wafer. It is worshipped as God when the priest raises it up and the 'faithful' adore it.

So yes, Antichrist sits in the Temple of God shewing himself that he is God.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
You can think of it that way if you like, but it was a rebuild or remodel of the Second Temple. Temple services continued during the work which was done primarily by priests. Honestly, I'm not aware of any sources that claim it's the third temple.
I cannot see how it can be called the second temple as it was much larger than Ezra's temple, which was much smaller than Solomon's. Herod had to add to the Temple Mount to make foundations for his temple so it must have been larger even that Solomon's.

Herod was an experienced temple builder. He even built a temple to the god his fathers didn't know, Cæsar.

So if Herod's was still the second temple, where do you get the third from, if it is not the Body of Christ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I cannot see how it can be called the second temple as it was much larger than Ezra's temple, which was much smaller than Solomon's. Herod had to add to the Temple Mount to make foundations for his temple so it must have been larger even that Solomon's.

Herod was an experienced temple builder. He even built a temple to the god his fathers didn't know, Cæsar.
I am not sure how to respond...that really is just how it is understood by the Jewish people and most Christians. The temple was rebuilt substantially larger, but it was a rebuild of the second temple, much as I can expand my home and remodel it while I am living in it, it is still the same home.
To quote this website (which I do not know if it really holds any authority):
"Although the reconstruction was equal to an entire rebuilding, still the Herodian Temple cannot be spoken of as a third Temple, for Herod even said himself, that it was only intended to be regarded as an enlarging and further beautifying of that of Zerubbabel’s."
So if Herod's was still the second temple, where do you get the third from, if it is not the Body of Christ?
I think that is really what this thread is all about, but outside the scope if what I am talking about.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I am not sure how to respond...that really is just how it is understood by the Jewish people and most Christians. The temple was rebuilt substantially larger, but it was a rebuild of the second temple, much as I can expand my home and remodel it while I am living in it, it is still the same home.
"Although the reconstruction was equal to an entire rebuilding, still the Herodian Temple cannot be spoken of as a third Temple, for Herod even said himself, that it was only intended to be regarded as an enlarging and further beautifying of that of Zerubbabel’s."

I think that is really what this thread is all about, but outside the scope if what I am talking about.

OK. You have made your point. It is not of any importance anyway whether it is the 2nd or the third.

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No you are wrong. The true church has always considered the Temple in prophecy to be the body of Christ, the church. The early church writers believed that and it was only since the early 1800's the false futurist teaching was accepted by protestants that the so called literal interpretation taught a future temple.

• 2 Thess 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
  • 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
  • 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
  • 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
Paul told them to remember these things that he told them privately. They would have told other churches an the ECW would have known some of this. They told us that the Roman Empire would be overthrown by 10 kings, and out of those king(dom)s the antichrist would arise. This happened when 10 Gothic kings overthrew the empire.These kingdoms gave the pope his power because he conned them by presenting forged documents such as the Donation of Constantine and the Decretals of Peter.

As such the papal Antichrist sits in the temple of God, the church as God. 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped. Note not that he exalts himself above God but all that is called God. What is called god in the Catholic religion? A. The consecrated wafer. It is worshipped as God when the priest raises it up and the 'faithful' adore it.

So what you’re saying is that somebody in THE BODY is going to be the anti christ?

However, it appears in this instance and in context, 2 Thessalonians 2 is not talking about the temple as being THE BODY

but an actual physical temple

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That’s so silly

Have you assumed this or has a catholic told you this?

Are you able to look upon the heart that you can judge rightly that Catholics are worshipping the host as GOD?

Did it ever occur to you that they . receive the host and believe by faith that through receiving communion they partake of and are called to the lords table?

And as such, are in communion with GOD, the saints in heaven and believers on earth ?

Where did you get the idea that they worship the host as GOD?

Does Paul’s letter regarding believers letting other men judge you according to the rudiments of this world or that we are not to judge anything before the time come to mind as well?

Or what one does if it is done to honor the LORD than they are not sinning?

It’s when someone raises doubt in that brother/sister that they run the risk of sinning

And the one who does this is the one who has put an obstacle before his brother/sister and is himself the cause of their fall

Are you sure you are judging rightly your christian/catholic brother?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The last temple is a spiritual temple, the Body of Christ
That one is being built up even now.

And if that is what Daniel saw in his prophecy, I can’t imagine why he would have laid sick by the vision

He would have understood this spiritual temple as eternal and not able to be destroyed regardless of the anti christ “sitting in” or “setting up the abomination which causes desolation”

Daniel clearly understands that this particular temple has to do with men of a different covenant:

“Violent men of the covenant” to be exact

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The ONLY temple was supposed to be HIS BODY
But because the Jewish people do not believe, this is why they will build another temple

They shouldn’t but they will
And when they rebuild this third temple they will reinstate animal sacrifices for their guilt and sin

And THAT is an abomination

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The ONLY temple was supposed to be HIS BODY
But because the Jewish people do not believe, this is why they will build another temple

They shouldn’t but they will
And when they rebuild this third temple they will reinstate animal sacrifices for their guilt and sin

And THAT is an abomination
Not sure why you quoted me....

Upvote 0