Miami
✟39,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The controversial bombing of the German city of Dresden in WWII was designed to create a vortex and firestorm by dropping incendiary devices in a ring around the target. Cooler air would rush in toward the center and rapidly spread the flames.

The Book of Revelation says that the future center of world commerce during the Tribulation and reign of the Antichrist, a city which it calls Babylon the great, will be destroyed in "one hour." If it is destroyed by a single hydrogen bomb in a moment, of course, that fits with the prophecy that it will be destroyed in one hour. But I have wondered if terrorists, unable to get their hands on a single, powerful thermonuclear device, will succeed in acquiring several, lower-power fission bombs of the Hiroshima type. If these were smuggled to the city and placed in a circular-shaped pattern around its edges, and detonated simultaneously, they could create a ring of fire that would sweep across the city, not in a moment, but maybe in something like an hour. This is a pretty far-reaching speculation, I realize, but I am just trying to think of what modern weapon(s) would take an hour to destroy a large city.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,127.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They would be wasting their time, but being the shallow beings that they are, that is no doubt why they would try. Destroying a city means nothing for Babylon has always represented a system of power since the original. Peter referred to Rome as Babylon, not meaning the city but the power behind it. So it is now. What we have building as a global power is not a city or even nation that can be brought down by such an event, but for the first time in history a global entity that is comprised of all including opposing ideologies.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The controversial bombing of the German city of Dresden in WWII was designed to create a vortex and firestorm by dropping incendiary devices in a ring around the target. Cooler air would rush in toward the center and rapidly spread the flames.

The Book of Revelation says that the future center of world commerce during the Tribulation and reign of the Antichrist, a city which it calls Babylon the great, will be destroyed in "one hour." If it is destroyed by a single hydrogen bomb in a moment, of course, that fits with the prophecy that it will be destroyed in one hour. But I have wondered if terrorists, unable to get their hands on a single, powerful thermonuclear device, will succeed in acquiring several, lower-power fission bombs of the Hiroshima type. If these were smuggled to the city and placed in a circular-shaped pattern around its edges, and detonated simultaneously, they could create a ring of fire that would sweep across the city, not in a moment, but maybe in something like an hour. This is a pretty far-reaching speculation, I realize, but I am just trying to think of what modern weapon(s) would take an hour to destroy a large city.

I think we have to be careful about judging these things. Babylon is evil and the 'terrorists' are doing God's will.

Rev 18
4Then I heard another voice from heaven say:“Come out of her, My people,
so that you will not share in her sins or contract any of her plagues. 5For her sins are piled up to heaven,and God has remembered her iniquities.

6 Give back to her as she has done to others; pay her back double for what she has done; mix her a double portion in her own cup. 7As much as she has glorified herself and lived in luxury, give her the same measure of torment and grief.

In her heart she says, ‘I sit as queen; I am not a widow and will never see grief.’ 8Therefore her plagues will come in one day— death and grief and famine— and she will be consumed by fire,
for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.”​

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
she will be consumed by fire, for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.”
This says it all.
Speculation about H bombs or any man caused destruction of the evil city is wrong, as the Bible Prophesies plainly say it will be the Lord who will send fire to destroy them. Amos 1 & 2:1-5, Psalms 11:4-6, Isaiah 17:1 & 12-14, Hebrews 10:27, +
Isaiah 30:26a tells us what He will use to do it: the sun.
Note: Revelation 14:18; it is the Angel who has authority over fire, who instigates this punishment.

This sudden disaster will happen at the moment Iran and the Islamic entities attempt to 'wipe Israel off the map'. Psalms 83, Micah 4:11-12
But Jewish Israel will be devastated too, as Isaiah 29:1-4, Jeremiah 10:18-22, Romans 9:27, +, say.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,127.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Babylon is evil and the 'terrorists' are doing God's will.
Terrorists are doing man's will. God is quite capable of ending all governments of man all on his own and none will not retaliate in the process, each serving the will of man alone..

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Although mankind might bring many woe's on itself .... the destruction of Babylon will be the Lord's doing .... at His return.

The term “Babylon” is derived from “Babel,” and signifies confusion. It is employed in Scripture to designate the various forms of false or apostate religion. In Revelation 17 Babylon is represented as a woman—a figure which is used in the Bible as the symbol of a church, a virtuous woman representing a pure church, a vile woman an apostate church. It's not a "city" .... it is all the apostate churches.

If you are referring to ....

Revelation 8:1

The Seventh Seal and the Golden Censer

1 When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

The silence in heaven is because all the Holy angels return with Jesus to take all the saved home to heaven.

Matthew 16:27

For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds.

Upvote 0