Will Sunday worship be the downfall of many Christians.

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Just as I thought.

I will only take the time to respond to one passage.
Where Jesus said in Matthew 5 about breaking the commandment and teaching others to do the same will be the least in heaven.
Jesus broke the Sabbath in John 5 and he told the cripple to take up his bed and walk which is another Sabbath violation. In the discussion that followed he denied neither one. Therefore we can only conclude that Jesus is the least in the kingdom of Heaven.
And the 4 gospels are largely OT books. Since during the time of Jesus ministry, the Jews were still under the law.

Tell me this, if Jesus broke the Law (as you claim He did) and we know that sin is the transgression of the Law, then you must believe Jesus sinned, right?

What Jesus violated waas the rabbinical teachings about the Law, not the spirit of the Law as was intended. Didn't Jesus say it was lawful to do good on the Sabbath? Would healing someone from the bondage of disease not be considered an act of goodness?

By your above answer, you clearly show you have no idea of what or who Jesus is and what He came to teach...

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The third example that James give is the devils .
The devils are not under the law.
They know what God word say about their end. So their act of faith is to tremble

Jam 2:19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Interesting that you say the devils are not under the Law while claiming neither are you...

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The response given by ECR is the classic standard arround here#21. Rather than giving answers with biblical references. This response says that: If you're not keeping the sabbath, you're not trully saved, because you're breaking God's commandments.

You seemed to have missed my response #49... I'm sure this was an honest oversight, right. You wouldn't want to bear false witness...

Oh thats right, you are not under that old law, I guess it's ok for you.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟97,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Interesting that you say the devils are not under the Law while claiming neither are you...
Well then, Show us where devils are commanded to keep the sabbath ECR???:doh:Show us where devils or spirits have mother and father? Show us where devils are given the law?

Is circumcision is a pledge to keep the law?

Upvote 0

phoenixdem

Nov 28, 2010
South Dakota
✟9,080.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Do you know that the Sabbath is the seventh day, our saturday?

I know that the SDA goes to church on Saturday, now back to my question about going to Hell if I go to church on Sunday? What if I miss going to church for a few weeks for one reason or another?

Upvote 0

phoenixdem

Nov 28, 2010
South Dakota
✟9,080.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No one will not go to hell if one worship on sunday but the bible has predicted that the papacy the beast power will enforce a world wide nation sunday law that SATAN WILL use sø the world can wonder after the beast revealation 13,in 1888 A.T.Jones defeated seneter Blair when he tried threw congress to pass the sunday law Bill again revelation 13,and Daniel .7:25 explains who this power is and who and where its gets its power from again i say in love matters like theses need to be committed to prayer and much study

Interesting. I haven't seen that in the Bible. Can you give me the verse and chapter? I'm not trying to rattle your cage with my question. I just want to know.

Upvote 0

phoenixdem

Nov 28, 2010
South Dakota
✟9,080.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Gof IS the judge of that

I'm not sure if your post is responding to my question. Is that what the SDA teaches, that God will judge who goes to Hell and the SDA doesn't have a stand on people going to Hell if they don't attend church on Saturday?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Section10

Jun 22, 2011
✟7,774.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying Jesus broke the law. He broke the Sabbath as did the man who carried his bed. The Bible says it. Be honest and deal with it.

And you are only partially right. I have no concept of how you teach or for what reason you think Jesus came.
If that's the gospel, I wouldn't have the guts to witness to anyone. Far too many people would be better off if they never heard of Christianity as compared to the state they are in now.
I read in other places how people are agonizing over whether they committed the unpardonable sin, or if they are elected for salvation or hell or if God really forgave them, or if they screwed up and lost their salvation or you name it. Some good news, alright. When Jesus said the man who had the evil spirit driven out of him eventually wound up in a worse state than he had been in originally, it is easy to see why.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying Jesus broke the law. He broke the Sabbath as did the man who carried his bed. The Bible says it. Be honest and deal with it.

Violating the Sabbath was breaking the Law...

Again, Jesus and the man he healed did not violate God's commandment, only the man-made restrictions that were placed upon it.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well then, Show us where devils are commanded to keep the sabbath ECR???:doh:Show us where devils or spirits have mother and father? Show us where devils are given the law?

Is circumcision is a pledge to keep the law?

You're not making sense Crib...why are you concerned with what rules the fallen angels are under.

Physical circumcision was the sign, now circumcision of the heart (living for Christ and overcoming our carnal natures) is our sign and pledge.

Upvote 0

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to point out that christians in general are being persecuted, heard about India, african countries and stuff, mostly by the muslim majority. Surprisingly no one here seems to care about that.

I dont think there has ever really been a persecution of Sabbath keepers, the jews were persecuted very often as everyone knows, I guess that was not because the kept the 7th day Sabbath. SDA often claim the waldensian were persecuted for holding on to the Sabbath truth, however, the waldensian themselves claim to have never kept the Sabbath (in the sense of Saturday)

The statement mady by Stryder was this:
And sabbath keepers have been persecuted in the past. It's just about timing for when it will happen again.
I took that to mean sabbath keepers had been persecuted for their sabbath keeping. I, as a historian of sorts, would still like documentation or verification of this statement.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟868,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To save time for those who are trying to find out if they are lost for not keeping the Sabbath, from the Adventist perspective, here are some quotes from Ellen White.

It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." 1 Samuel 2:30. {6T 356.4}

But if we turn aside from the fourth commandment, so positively given by God, to adopt the inventions of Satan, voiced and acted by men under his control, we cannot be saved. We cannot with safety receive his traditions and subtleties as truth. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 4}

No one who disregards the fourth commandment, after becoming enlightened in regard to the claims of the Sabbath, can be held guiltless in the sight of God. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 14}

All will be judged according to the light that has shone upon them.
If they have light upon the Sabbath, they cannot be saved in rejecting that light.{HS 234.3}

As persons become convinced from the Scriptures that the claims of the fourth commandment are still binding, the question is often raised, Is it necessary in order to secure salvation that we keep the Sabbath? This is a question of grave importance. If the light has shone from the word of God, if the message has been presented to men, as it was to Pharaoh, and they refuse to heed that message, if they reject the light, they refuse to obey God, and cannot be saved in their disobedience. {RH, January 5, 1886 par. 2}

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To save time for those who are trying to find out if they are lost for not keeping the Sabbath, from the Adventist perspective, here are some quotes from Ellen White.

It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." 1 Samuel 2:30. {6T 356.4}

But if we turn aside from the fourth commandment, so positively given by God, to adopt the inventions of Satan, voiced and acted by men under his control, we cannot be saved. We cannot with safety receive his traditions and subtleties as truth. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 4}

No one who disregards the fourth commandment, after becoming enlightened in regard to the claims of the Sabbath, can be held guiltless in the sight of God. {RH, July 6, 1897 par. 14}

All will be judged according to the light that has shone upon them. If they have light upon the Sabbath, they cannot be saved in rejecting that light.{HS 234.3}

As persons become convinced from the Scriptures that the claims of the fourth commandment are still binding, the question is often raised, Is it necessary in order to secure salvation that we keep the Sabbath? This is a question of grave importance. If the light has shone from the word of God, if the message has been presented to men, as it was to Pharaoh, and they refuse to heed that message, if they reject the light, they refuse to obey God, and cannot be saved in their disobedience. {RH, January 5, 1886 par. 2}

It is not just the 4th commandment that applies to this premise.... of course the Sabbath is highlighted among Adventists because it is the one universally rejected by the rest of Christendom.

Every Christian knows adultry is wrong and that to continually do it, knowing it is wrong, will disqualify ones entrance into Heaven... the Sabbath is no different.

Upvote 0

Section10

Jun 22, 2011
✟7,774.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Since I believe the 10 commandments do not have to apply to us any longer, that is why I do not believe it is critical to choose the Sabbath day for worship. To my mind it does not matter and the manner in which I interpret scripture supports that. Of course you have chosen the other route and so Saturday is of supreme importance. I wonder how I am still able to live a Christian life without the law?
An adventist once told me that the law does not save us, but the law protects us.
When I read the law kills us, I see a contradiction with that statement.
I see no distiction between the 10 c. and any of the other temple laws or regulations.
So if Christ fulfilled the law, then I do not need to fulfill it. But if Christ's death had no impact on my relationship with the law, then my status is unchanged. Who cares if my past pre Christian sins are forgiven if the following ones condemn me. I am no better off, in fact I am worse off. At least before, I was ignorant and now I have no excuse. The law becomes my death and Christ's death has changed nothing.
If I embrace the law and apply it to my life, what is the point of Christ's death? If people were saved under the law in the OT which I believe they were, that means they had a working system that was doing its job. Christ's death was unnecessary because obedience to the law was working. Why must we have Christ if we have a functioning legal system that is already saving us? Believing in Christ is kind of pointless because his death really becomes unnecessary in a system that already works. Christ could have just as easily come to earth and ministered to us and taught us all we needed and them ascended to heaven in glory and skipped the whole crucifixion entirely and no one would have argued that. To require the crucifixion is to require something that was not needed since if the law applies and we follow it who really needs anything more? To say he helps us follow it is fine, but he could certainly do that without dying on a cross.

Reactions: ChrisCarol
Upvote 0