✟16,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I need an answer from the Lord.

I know this sounds like a cliche prayer request, but I honestly need it. It's been emotionally exhausting for me.

Basically, I need to know if I'm going to get married one day or if the Lord wants me to stay single my whole life. And if I am to get married, I want to know if I should be doing something differently in my life.

I'm in my late 20's and I've been single my entire life. No kind of relationship whatsoever. I'm not the kind of guy that goes around asking girls out on dates. It's just not my nature. I've been trusting that if the Lord wants me to have a spouce, He will make it happen.

With the way things are in my life right now, I doubt I'm ready for a relationship. But I feel like my opportunities are limited. I have a physical disability, not working, and the online business I'm starting up is on hold. My mother and I and dependent on one another in various ways so we still live together in the same household. As much as I'd like to appear indepentent, it's rather difficult.

I've been working on getting closer with God and entered into a discipleship that I like a lot. I can definitely see God working in my life. But I can't see where God may be working on a relationship for me. I wonder if He's still getting me ready for one, or if He wants me single forever. But I'm in my late 20's and it's SO difficult to wait now. I'm scared I'll be in my 30's or 40's or older, and still by myself. And that's honestly how it feels for me.

I get jealous sometimes seeing younger couples simply holding hands in public. I know I shouldn't, but I do since I haven't even had that experience.

I'm not asking the Lord to send me a spouce this very second. I just want an answer from Him about whether or not I'll even have one. I don't know how He would tell me, or if He wants me to wait and find out, but I desperately want to hear something from Him.

Please pray for me. Thanks.

Last edited:

ZJN

Oct 10, 2018
Atlanta
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ok, I will pray for you and will also recommend fasting. I fast and often pray when I do not understand what is happening in my life. Majority of the time I do get an answer or peace. If you need help to fast I gotcha you. It may be difficult at first.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

BigRed009

Aug 6, 2018
Georgia
✟16,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, I will pray for you and will also recommend fasting. I fast and often pray when I do not understand what is happening in my life. Majority of the time I do get an answer or peace. If you need help to fast I gotcha you. It may be difficult at first.

I'd appreciate whatever you can tell me. I've tried fasting before. The most I can realistically fast is about 18 hours though. Refusing to eat lunch and dinner wouldn't fly at my house.

Upvote 0

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I need an answer from the Lord.

I know this sounds like a cliche prayer request, but I honestly need it. It's been emotionally exhausting for me.

Basically, I need to know if I'm going to get married one day or if the Lord wants me to stay single my whole life. And if I am to get married, I want to know if I should be doing something differently in my life.

I'm in my late 20's and I've been single my entire life. No kind of relationship whatsoever. I'm not the kind of guy that goes around asking girls out on dates. It's just not my nature. I've been trusting that if the Lord wants me to have a spouce, He will make it happen.

With the way things are in my life right now, I doubt I'm ready for a relationship. But I feel like my opportunities are limited. I have a physical disability, not working, and the online business I'm starting up is on hold. My mother and I and dependent on one another in various ways so we still live together in the same household. As much as I'd like to appear indepentent, it's rather difficult.

I've been working on getting closer with God and entered into a discipleship that I like a lot. I can definitely see God working in my life. But I can't see where God may be working on a relationship for me. I wonder if He's still getting me ready for one, or if He wants me single forever. But I'm in my late 20's and it's SO difficult to wait now. I'm scared I'll be in my 30's or 40's or older, and still by myself. And that's honestly how it feels for me.

I get jealous sometimes seeing younger couples simply holding hands in public. I know I shouldn't, but I do since I haven't even had that experience.

I'm not asking the Lord to send me a spouce this very second. I just want an answer from Him about whether or not I'll even have one. I don't know how He would tell me, or if He wants me to wait and find out, but I desperately want to hear something from Him.

Please pray for me. Thanks.
Hi, Big Red! I see that you’re in Georgia. I pray that you and your mom are safe as Hurricane Michael moves through tonight!

I know how hard it can be to wait on God for a spouse. I pray that you will have His grace in this time of waiting and that you’ll be able to hear His voice clearly.

God bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

BigRed009

Aug 6, 2018
Georgia
✟16,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, Big Red! I see that you’re in Georgia. I pray that you and your mom are safe as Hurricane Michael moves through tonight!

I know how hard it can be to wait on God for a spouse. I pray that you will have His grace in this time of waiting and that you’ll be able to hear His voice clearly.

God bless!
We were fine in the storm, thank you.

Thank you to everyone who's read this and prayed for me.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, I can imagine if You were to speak to this man face to face, You wouldn't tell him whether he would ever marry or not. You just don't tell us these kind of things in advance. You tell us to leave that info to You, and to concentrate on the present, and to prepare our character for the future. If we take the years to prepare for marriage, then marriage usually will occur, but there is something more important than just getting married. It is becoming what a good marital prospect would be beforehand. For a Christian, that includes becoming mature in the Lord. Discipleship training is great, but it takes time, and experience, not just studying material. God knows whether You will marry or not. Find peace in knowing that He knows, and cares greatly for you. He knows what You need, and what You can take, and what You can handle. 1 Corinthians 10:13; Philippians. Let us not fret, worry, lust, covet, or pout. Let us take care of what is at hand, and do it with a good attitude. Matthew 6:33-34. Amen.

Upvote 0

BigRed009

Aug 6, 2018
Georgia
✟16,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Father, I can imagine if You were to speak to this man face to face, You wouldn't tell him whether he would ever marry or not. You just don't tell us these kind of things in advance. You tell us to leave that info to You, and to concentrate on the present, and to prepare our character for the future. If we take the years to prepare for marriage, then marriage usually will occur, but there is something more important than just getting married. It is becoming what a good marital prospect would be beforehand. For a Christian, that includes becoming mature in the Lord. Discipleship training is great, but it takes time, and experience, not just studying material. God knows whether You will marry or not. Find peace in knowing that He knows, and cares greatly for you. He knows what You need, and what You can take, and what You can handle. 1 Corinthians 10:13; Philippians. Let us not fret, worry, lust, covet, or pout. Let us take care of what is at hand, and do it with a good attitude. Matthew 6:33-34. Amen.

Thanks, Greg. I'm sure that's what the Lord wants me to hear.

I'll do my best to keep those things in mind.

I just struggle sometimes because I often have a sense of alienation with the rest of the world (for several reasons). Not that I want to be of the world either. I just feel confined, like somehow I haven't been allowed to develop as a man yet, despite my age.

I'm still a growing Christian. I guess I need to refocus on what I'm praying for and ask God to make me into who He wants me to be, rather than who I want to be.

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, Greg. I'm sure that's what the Lord wants me to hear.

I'll do my best to keep those things in mind.

I just struggle sometimes because I often have a sense of alienation with the rest of the world (for several reasons). Not that I want to be of the world either. I just feel confined, like somehow I haven't been allowed to develop as a man yet, despite my age.

I'm still a growing Christian. I guess I need to refocus on what I'm praying for and ask God to make me into who He wants me to be, rather than who I want to be.

You're not alone in your struggles and feelings of isolation. I would focus on cultivating relationships outside of the house if you are able through a church or volunteering. Marriage is a lifetime commitment with one person for the rest of your life. It is not something you want to rush into but try and prepare for in your relationships with other people while you have the opportunity. I know loneliness is scary but you're never alone and never will be because God is with you wherever you go.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Fasting can indeed be very helpful. However it is for those who are basically very healthy. Too much fasting can damage the adrenals. Big bad news. A once a week 24 hour water fast, again, if you are very healthy, can work wonders.

I pray your your enlightenment, guidance and peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums