Will priests be allowed to marry again ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit

Aug 12, 2005
Iowa
✟2,330.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
pe·do·phile
ˈpedəˌfīl/
noun
  1. a person who is sexually attracted to children.
ephebophile
əˈfēbōˌfīl/
noun
  1. an adult who is sexually attracted to adolescents.
An ephebe or ephebus is a young adult. The ephebophile is attracted to young adults.

A pedophile is attracted to Children,NOT boy children.

A homosexual is attracted to one of the same sex.

Now where does your dictionary tell you that homosexuals are conflated with either ephebophiles or pedophiles.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,294,442.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps it's time that this thread returned to the original intention ?

The title was , I believe, " Will priests be allowed to marry again ? "

Perhaps the topic of ephebophilia and paedophilia could be started in a thread of their own ? This , to me would seem more appropriate.

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Perhaps it's time that this thread returned to the original intention ?

The title was , I believe, " Will priests be allowed to marry again ? "

On Sunday mornings I attend a Latin rite church for the Eucharist.....The Mass is celebrated by a priest who is married with three grown-up children .

I don't find the fact that he is married with children a problem .

He is as committed to his priestly ministry as any celibate priest I know .

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Now where does your dictionary tell you that homosexuals are conflated with either ephebophiles or pedophiles.
I didnt say they were. I said that in the CATHOLIC CHURCH SCANDAL, the victims were almost exclusively teenage BOYS, meaning that the offenders were homosexuals. That doesn't mean that only homosexuals are ephebophiles. But it does mean that the Catholic Church scandal was a GAY scandal.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
I didnt say they were. I said that in the CATHOLIC CHURCH SCANDAL, the victims were almost exclusively teenage BOYS, meaning that the offenders were homosexuals.
If homosexual means what it normally means - adults attracted to other adults of the same sex - then that doesn't follow.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
If homosexual means what it normally means - adults attracted to other adults of the same sex - then that doesn't follow.
Technically, a teenager has reached puberty, and qualifies sexually as an adult, even though socially and emotionally they still need to grow up. That's why ephebophiles are categorized as gay, straight, and bi.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Technically, a teenager has reached puberty, and qualifies sexually as an adult, even though socially and emotionally they still need to grow up.
So are people in prison, but prison rape is still not about homosexuality.

What happened in the church is not almost well functioning relationships except one party was slightly underage . It's rape or rape-like in nature, about relationships of power through sexual abuse.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In prison, people only have access to one gender. There is no choice available. It is not a normal circumstance.

Not these days. Female prison staff have interactions with prisoners all the time.

Some even have sexual relations as the case of the prison staff worker who helped the two convicts escape from the NY prison.

Also, I understand that prisoners get to have conjugal visits with their spouses and girl-friends. Not sure how true this is
however.

Jim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
In prison, people only have access to one gender. There is no choice available. It is not a normal circumstance.
And there's certainly a strong element of access here.

But it's also that what happens in prison is about power, not about sexual attraction at all.

If it were that there were lots more homosexuals in the church then the general population, we'd expect to see that in the figures for functioning adult relationships.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟824,061.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Admin Hat.

I'm closing this thread pending review. Some here will be getting a vacation to the MSC for the weekend. We will chat when I return either late Sunday or sometime Monday.

Congregational Vios yet again.

Mark
CF Admin

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.