• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Will priests be allowed to marry again ?

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by jargew, Jun 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+1,276
    Catholic
    Married
    The point you missed apparently

Jim

2. kit

kit Senior Member

+94
    Buddhist
    Single
    CA-NDP
    An ephebe or ephebus is a young adult. The ephebophile is attracted to young adults.

A pedophile is attracted to Children,NOT boy children.

A homosexual is attracted to one of the same sex.

Now where does your dictionary tell you that homosexuals are conflated with either ephebophiles or pedophiles.

3. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+11,473
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Perhaps it's time that this thread returned to the original intention ?

The title was , I believe, " Will priests be allowed to marry again ? "

Perhaps the topic of ephebophilia and paedophilia could be started in a thread of their own ? This , to me would seem more appropriate.

4. Colin

Colin Senior Veteran

+6,852
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    UK - SNP
    On Sunday mornings I attend a Latin rite church for the Eucharist.....The Mass is celebrated by a priest who is married with three grown-up children .

I don't find the fact that he is married with children a problem .

He is as committed to his priestly ministry as any celibate priest I know .

5. Open Heart

Open Heart Well-Known Member

+4,320
    United States
    Seeker
    Celibate
    I didnt say they were. I said that in the CATHOLIC CHURCH SCANDAL, the victims were almost exclusively teenage BOYS, meaning that the offenders were homosexuals. That doesn't mean that only homosexuals are ephebophiles. But it does mean that the Catholic Church scandal was a GAY scandal.

6. ebia

ebia Senior Contributor

+1,981
    Anglican
    Married
    AU-Greens
    If homosexual means what it normally means - adults attracted to other adults of the same sex - then that doesn't follow.

7. Open Heart

+4,320
    United States
    Seeker
    Celibate
    Technically, a teenager has reached puberty, and qualifies sexually as an adult, even though socially and emotionally they still need to grow up. That's why ephebophiles are categorized as gay, straight, and bi.

8. ebia

ebia Senior Contributor

+1,981
    Anglican
    Married
    AU-Greens
    So are people in prison, but prison rape is still not about homosexuality.

What happened in the church is not almost well functioning relationships except one party was slightly underage . It's rape or rape-like in nature, about relationships of power through sexual abuse.

9. Open Heart

+4,320
    United States
    Seeker
    Celibate
    In prison, people only have access to one gender. There is no choice available. It is not a normal circumstance.

10. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+1,276
    Catholic
    Married
    Not these days. Female prison staff have interactions with prisoners all the time.

Some even have sexual relations as the case of the prison staff worker who helped the two convicts escape from the NY prison.

Also, I understand that prisoners get to have conjugal visits with their spouses and girl-friends. Not sure how true this is
    however.

Jim

11. ebia

ebia Senior Contributor

+1,981
    Anglican
    Married
    AU-Greens
    And there's certainly a strong element of access here.

But it's also that what happens in prison is about power, not about sexual attraction at all.

If it were that there were lots more homosexuals in the church then the general population, we'd expect to see that in the figures for functioning adult relationships.

12. MarkRohfrietsch

MarkRohfrietsch Unapologetic Apologist Supporter

+3,703
    Lutheran
    Married
    Admin Hat.

I'm closing this thread pending review. Some here will be getting a vacation to the MSC for the weekend. We will chat when I return either late Sunday or sometime Monday.

Congregational Vios yet again.

Mark
    CF Admin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.