Will people go to Hell for worshipping on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, no.

The seven-day week cycle has nothing to do with the lunar cycle (29.53 days) or the year (365.24 days). It's a social, not an astronomical thing. The Babylonians, and later the Romans, also used it.
They didn’t check for the new moon to start feasts?

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So some would consider it wrong but not "hell-binding" right?

It is best to let some speak for themselves:

"
Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples. Isaiah 8:16.

The living righteous will receive the seal of God prior to the close of probation.Selected Messages 1:66.

The sign, or seal, of God is revealed in the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath, the Lord's memorial of creation.... The mark of the beast is the opposite of this—the observance of the first day of the week.Testimonies for the Church 8:117.

Sunday keeping is not yet the mark of the beast, and will not be until the decree goes forth causing men to worship this idol sabbath. The time will come when this day will be the test, but that time has not come yet.SDA Bible Commentary 7:977.

No one has yet received the mark of the beast. The testing time has not yet come. There are true Christians in every church, not excepting the Roman Catholic communion. None are condemned until they have had the light and have seen the obligation of the fourth commandment. But when the decree shall go forth enforcing the counterfeit sabbath, and the loud cry of the third angel shall warn men against the worship of the beast and his image, the line will be clearly drawn between the false and the true. Then those who still continue in transgression will receive the mark of the beast.Evangelism, 234, 235."
Ellen G. White Estate: Daily Devotional - Maranatha

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess you can't read. I asked you to show me Hebrew names that use the prefix yah and names with the suffix Yeho. That would prove your point...crickets...tick tock
Your question is irrelevant. YHWH is not a theophoric name it is the name. So the name of God does not conform to the grammar rules for theophoric names.Since you are presenting yourself and your opinion as some kind of Hebrew authority you should know why.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did the Romans also murder him or just the Jews IYO? I asked you before, who are "the Jews"? Was Yeshua wrong when He said He would be killed by the gentiles?

The Roman soldiers were ordered to crucify Him, at the direction of the Jews.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They didn’t check for the new moon to start feasts?

What I said was: The seven-day week cycle has nothing to do with the lunar cycle (29.53 days).

They didn’t check for the new moon to start the week.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I said was: The seven-day week cycle has nothing to do with the lunar cycle (29.53 days).

They didn’t check for the new moon to start the week.
So they followed the solar calendar?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 7-day week has nothing to do with the moon nor with the sun.
Were not days defined in creation as “there was evening, and there was morning?”

The ancients determined this by what exactly?

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Were not days defined in creation as “there was evening, and there was morning?”

Days are determined by the rotation of the earth, usually with respect to the sun.

Weeks are periods of 7 days, but that number 7 did not come from any physical phenomenon.

And I'm starting to think you're being deliberately obtuse here.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Days are determined by the rotation of the earth, usually with respect to the sun.

Weeks are periods of 7 days, but that number 7 did not come from any physical phenomenon.

And I'm starting to think you're being deliberately obtuse here.
Thank you for the clarification. Yes God established 7 days and created the physical means for us to track night and day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The Roman soldiers were ordered to crucify Him, at the direction of the Jews.

That is silly...Roman soldiers are NOT nor ever have been commanded by Jews. They were directed to crucify him by Pilate...period.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Your question is irrelevant. YHWH is not a theophoric name it is the name. So the name of God does not conform to the grammar rules for theophoric names.Since you are presenting yourself and your opinion as some kind of Hebrew authority you should know why.

It is TOTALLY relevant. I am not talking about YHVH, I am talking about Hebrew names that use the theophoric prefix or suffix. Show me one that uses yah as a prefix. Should be able to show me a whole bunch if you are correct! tick tock

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Where ? Print out the words in a post - the reference by itself does not render on all screens ....

Then Yeshua took the Twelve aside and said to them, “Look, we are going up to Jerusalem, and everything the prophets have written about the Son of Man will be fulfilled. He will be handed over to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. They will flog Him and kill Him, and on the third day He will rise again

Yeshua said, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and scribes. They will condemn Him to death and will deliver Him to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is TOTALLY relevant. I am not talking about YHVH, I am talking about Hebrew names that use the theophoric prefix or suffix. Show me one that uses yah as a prefix. Should be able to shoe me a whole bunch if you are correct! tick tock
I don't care what you are talking about, your argument is irrelevant. YHWH is NOT a theophoric name, YHWH is the name. The rule for theophoric names applies only to the names of men which incorporate the YHWH not to the the name of the creator .
You are not a Hebrew grammar authority. You have not quoted any Hebrew grammar authorities, only your unsupported opinion. I have quoted Hebrew authorities multiple times which you have not, cannot refute. Game, Set, Match. So back it up or pack it up.
Here is my evidence again, where is yours?

Jewish Encyclopedia-YHWH. Of the names of God in the Old Testament, that which occurs most frequently (6,823 times) is the so-called Tetragrammaton, Yhwh (יהוה), the distinctive personal name of the God of Israel.
In appearance, Yhwh (יהוה) is the third person singular imperfect "kal" of the verb ( הוה ("to be"), meaning, therefore, "He is," or "He will be," or, perhaps, "He lives," the root idea of the word being, probably, "to blow," "to breathe," and hence, "to live." With this explanation agrees the meaning of the name given in Ex. iii. 14, where God is represented as speaking, and hence as using the first person—"I am" (אהיה, from ( היה, the later equivalent of the archaic stem ( הוה). The meaning would, therefore, be "He who is self-existing, self-sufficient," or, more concretely, "He who lives," the abstract conception of pure existence being foreign to Hebrew thought. There is no doubt that the idea of life was intimately connected with the name Yhwh from early times. He is the living God, as contrasted with the lifeless gods of the heathen, and He is the source and author of life (comp. I Kings xviii.; Isa. xli. 26-29, xliv. 6-20; Jer. x. 10, 14; Gen. ii. 7; etc.). So familiar is this conception of God to the Hebrew mind that it appears in the common formula of an oath, "hai Yhwh" ( חי־יהוה = "as Yhwh lives"; Ruth iii. 13; I Sam. xiv. 45; etc.).
the original pronunciation must have been Yahweh ((יהוה) or Yahaweh (יהוה). From this the contracted form Jah or Yah (יה ) is most readily explained, and also the forms Jeho or Yeho (יהו ), and Jo or Yo (יו contracted from יהו , which the word assumes in combination in the first part of compound proper names, and Yahu or Yah (יהו ) in the second part of such names. The fact may also be mentioned that in Samaritan poetry יהוה rimes with words similar in ending to Yahweh, and Theodoret ("Quæst. 15 in Exodum") states that the Samaritans pronounced the name Iαβέ. Epiphanius ascribes the same pronunciation to an early Christian sect. Clement of Alexandria, still more exactly, pronounces 'Iαουέ or 'Iαουαί, and Origen, 'Iα. Aquila wrote the name in archaic Hebrew letters. In the Jewish-Egyptian magic-papyri it appears as Ιαωουηε. At least as early as the third century B.C. the name seems to have been regarded by the Jews as a "nomen ineffabile," on the basis of a somewhat extreme interpretation of Ex. xx. 7 and Lev. xxiv. 11 (see Philo, "De Vita Mosis," iii. 519, 529). Written only in consonants, the true pronunciation was forgotten by them. The Septuagint, and after it the New Testament, invariably render κύριος ("the Lord").
Jewish Encyclopedia online

• Winner
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I don't care what you are talking about, your argument is irrelevant. YHWH is NOT a theophoric name, YHWH is the name. The rule for theophoric names applies only to the names of men which incorporate the YHWH not to the the name of the creator .
You are not a Hebrew grammar authority. You have not quoted any Hebrew grammar authorities, only your unsupported opinion. I have quoted Hebrew authorities multiple times which you have not, cannot refute. Game, Set, Match. So back it up or pack it up.
Here is my evidence again, where is yours?

See now you are just diverting. I am NOT saying HeShem is a theophoric name and you know it. I am saying HEBREW names...Joshua IN HEBREW is a theophoric name. No authorities needed. Provide a HEBREW name that uses the theophoric prefix "Yah".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.