Will people go to Hell for worshipping on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Pilate gave them the right to choose who would be crucified.

The Jews boldly took full responsibility for His murder.

When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this just Person. You see to it.”
And all the people answered and said, “His blood be on us and on our children.”
Then he released Barabbas to them; and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified. Matthew 27:24-26

The Jews took full responsibility for His murder -

• His blood be on us and on our children.”
JLB

yet Pilate and his Roman soldiers actually killed Him..."he (Pilate) delivered Him to be crucified."

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Sin is a transgression of the law of the Lord.

The law of Moses has been abolished.

having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,
Ephesians 2:15

JLB

Th enmity is the curse.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
AFAIK you have NOT quoted from a credible Hebrew grammar at any time. You have made some allusions to Hebrew Grammar but I have never seen a specific grammar identified.
As for the rules for Theophoric names I quoted a reputable source which has never been refuted. I have a theory which I alluded to once. If you don't like what the Jewish Encyclopedia says then by all means quote some reputable source(s) which prove it wrong. Tick tock.

What source? I asked you to show me Hebrew names that use the prefix yah and names with the suffix Yeho. That would prove your point...crickets...tick tock

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Once again I remind you, all you have done is make allusions to Hebrew Grammar but you have not identified a specific Hebrew grammar. If you make a claim the burden of proof is on you to support that claim not blow off people and tell them to go look it up for themselves.

I already posted it in previous posts...go read it

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can anyone confirm that the Saturday Sabbath that Sabbatarians worship on is in fact exactly the same day that that Jews worshiped on more than 2000 years ago? Can anyone count back day by day and confirm that numerically the Sabbath day is correct and has not shifted is some way?

The Sabbath is irrelevant as taught in the law of Moses to those who follow Christ, just as is circumcision and animal sacrifice are irrelevant. Meaning, we are not under the Law of Moses but under the "Law of Christ" as Paul put it, or "The perfect Law of Liberty," as James put it.

The apostles taught that we were to come together on "the first day of the week" or "The Lord's Day." That's Sunday to us modern people, because of Julius Caesar's adoption of Eratosthenes calendar.

In Greece today, the exact same Greek words which denoted the day of worship, "The Lord's Day" in the New Testament, are the words modern Greek speakers use for "Sunday."

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I already posted it in previous posts...go read it
Wrong! You mentioned Hebrew grammar 5 times ion this thread but you have not identified any specific grammar text which I have been requesting. Therefore anyone reading this thread can correctly conclude you cannot provide any specific, credible Hebrew grammar only your unsupported opinion.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really? You do know how ruthless historically Pilate was? Rome basically fired him for being so ruthless. No one told Pilate what to do. He later had to stand trial in Rome for cruelty and oppression. Yes the scriptures can't be broken...Yeshua said He would be killed by the Gentiles. All you seem to do is want to argue. I already said the Jewish temple establishment were complicit but it was Pilate that had Him executed. You seem to only want to blame Jews.

https://www.history.com/news/why-pontius-pilate-executed-jesus

Blah, blah, blah.

More of your opinion that is against the scriptures.

The Jews murdered Jesus and even ruthless Pilate couldn’t understand why they were so bent on murdering a just person.

When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this just Person. You see to it.”
Then he released Barabbas to them; and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified. Matthew 27:24-26

• His blood be on us and on our children.”

JLB

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, there are Greek texts from that period that do not converge towards "Yahweh". There are many other reasons on why that is likely not the correct pronunciation. Again, no one has explained theophoric names regarding that. These names are from the OT BCE. It just does not work in Hebrew. I am done discussing this because you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink...
Shalom

How Should YHWH Be Translated?

The original Hebrew name of God re-discovered in 1,000 Bible manuscripts - Religion News Service
Mr. Gordon is seriously not aware that ancient Hebrew voiced "w" not "v" ?

And, after all his song and dance, he comes full circle to "Yehovah" ??

You have used BLB.org ??? You have looked up H3068 ?? You have clicked on the speaker icon, and heard the voice say "Hebrew 3068, Yeh-ho-vah… Yeh-ho-vah" ?

200 years ago, Wilhelm Gesenius already observed that "Yehovah" = YHWH + Adonai vowels

Mr. Gordon has done nothing new, and is in fact advocating the traditional stock off-the-shelf "hybrid" pronunciation which every Hebrew scholar has long long known is the artificial combination of the consonants from the Divine Name + vowels from Adonai

IOW, Mr. Gordon is saying that H3068 "Yehovah" is the correct pronunciation, just like the Rabbis have been writing for 2000 years... but that isn't what they've been saying

This is insane -- Mr. Gordon claims to reveal a "secret"... and then "reveals" the stock off the shelf H3068 pronunciation anyone can listen to for free by clicking on the BLB.org speaker icon for that entry

Reactions: JLB777
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Found this interesting video...
End of the day, dust settling, bottom line:

1000 year old Masoretic traditional form:
upload_2019-12-10_12-29-38.png

Mr. Gordon's "secret" form:
upload_2019-12-10_12-29-44.png

Identical except for ambiguous vowels perhaps present on the final consonant

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That’s right the Sabbath was determined by the lunar calendar. Not to mention based on the lat/long of Israel.

Well, no.

The seven-day week cycle has nothing to do with the lunar cycle (29.53 days) or the year (365.24 days). It's a social, not an astronomical thing. The Babylonians, and later the Romans, also used it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
basic Hebrew grammar (today) does not help us remember how the Holy Name was originally pronounced (3000 years ago)

When people say "Hebrew grammar," they mean ancient Hebrew grammar.

However, you are correct when you say that grammar doesn't tell you how to pronounce YHWH. In fact, the exact pronunciation of YWHW has been lost -- all we have are guesses. "Yahweh" is as good a guess as any, and better than most.

Since the NT does not once use the name YHWH, perhaps the exact pronunciation isn't really important, though.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Wrong! You mentioned Hebrew grammar 5 times ion this thread but you have not identified any specific grammar text which I have been requesting. Therefore anyone reading this thread can correctly conclude you cannot provide any specific, credible Hebrew grammar only your unsupported opinion.

I guess you can't read. I asked you to show me Hebrew names that use the prefix yah and names with the suffix Yeho. That would prove your point...crickets...tick tock

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Blah, blah, blah.

More of your opinion that is against the scriptures.

The Jews murdered Jesus and even ruthless Pilate couldn’t understand why they were so bent on murdering a just person.

His blood be on us and on our children.”

JLB

I guess you can't read. I already said the Jewish Temple establishment were complicit, yet you just want or need to argue. You seem to want to dismiss that Yeshua Himself said that He would be killed by the Gentiles. I understand since it disproves your argument...

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When people say "Hebrew grammar," they mean ancient Hebrew grammar.

However, you are correct when you say that grammar doesn't tell you how to pronounce YHWH. In fact, the exact pronunciation of YWHW has been lost -- all we have are guesses. "Yahweh" is as good a guess as any, and better than most.

Since the NT does not once use the name YHWH, perhaps the exact pronunciation isn't really important, though.
well, Scripture does warn against speaking God's Holy Name flippantly, even going so far as to admonish us to just say "yes" or "no" (Matt 5:37 = James 5:12)

still, we ought to be mindful that God does indeed have a Divine Holy Name, even if we are cautious in uttering it brazenly?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
well, Scripture does warn against speaking God's Holy Name flippantly, even going so far as to admonish us to just say "yes" or "no" (Matt 5:37 = James 5:12)

still, we ought to be mindful that God does indeed have a Divine Holy Name, even if we are cautious in uttering it brazenly?

I can't see how that reply to me relates to anything I said, I'm afraid.

Are you saying that we should find out how to pronounce it, so that we know what to avoid misusing?

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess you can't read. I already said the Jewish Temple establishment were complicit, yet you just want or need to argue. You seem to want to dismiss that Yeshua Himself said that He would be killed by the Gentiles. I understand since it disproves your argument...

Simple fact that you denied.

The Jews murdered Jesus Christ.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you read the ENTIRE chapter...
You have much anger and a hard heart...so be it...live in the house you have created.

I read the chapter.

Nothing will change the fact that the law of Moses forbade the intermingling of Jews and Gentiles.

The law of commandments contained in ordinances was abolished in His flesh, having been taken out of the way.

The law of Moses was added temporarily to the Abrahamic Covenant, until the Seed should come.

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. Galatians 3:19

• It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come

By saying “until” the Holy Spirit is indicating the law was temporary.

JLB

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Simple fact that you denied.

The Jews murdered Jesus Christ.

JLB

Did the Romans also murder him or just the Jews IYO? I asked you before, who are "the Jews"? Was Yeshua wrong when He said He would be killed by the gentiles?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.