Will near death experience accounts cause Christianity to find common ground with other religions?

Will near death experience accounts tend to unite Christianity and other religions?

• yes

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • no

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Perhaps somewhat

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I hope not

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I do hope so.

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Wondering if NDE is a cop out.

Has anyone had a NLE, near life experience?

Starting point;
what is dead is dead,
what is alive is alive.

Matt 8:22.

They should be called something else,
because it just does not make sense to say, near death experience.
How would they know, have they died before maybe?

What if it is impure spirits that are messing around.

But then I am not familiar with concept, never been attracted to that kind of stuff.

Good..... then if G-d wants you to take a look at this......
then in spite of all of my many, many, many, many, many flaws......
I might just inspire you to go in a direction that HaShem wants you to go in??????

Not a bad days work for a Gentile!

Reactions: Robban
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No, I have not read his book.

" UFORATZTA"
Genesis 28:14
(gain strength--Exodus 1:12 )

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That video is awesome!!!!!!!!

Is that Rabbi Schneersohn? (pardon my spelling)!

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,146.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Good..... then if G-d wants you to take a look at this......
then in spite of all of my many, many, many, many, many flaws......
I might just inspire you to go in a direction that HaShem wants you to go in??????

Not a bad days work for a Gentile!

:)
Why do focus so much on "flaws"?

We are not angels :)

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But.... .I live in a free country and if I wish to consider the NDE of former Atheist Howard Storm to be the most brilliant and insightful explanation for many of the prophecies in Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and the minor prophets.... that I personally have ever read..... then that is my prerogative...... even if I am incorrect?!
When it comes to a variable thing like "incorrect religious view points" (one man's divine revelation is another man's human rights violation), sometimes they do come with very real consequences. People like Harold Camping and Jack Phillips comes to mind. Although the freedom found in western cultures is far greater than the remainder of the world, however still holds a sword over our heads.

So I imagine as long as a viewpoint is looked upon as rather innocuous and benign to the greater public, it's your freedom and prerogative.

• Useful
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
When it comes to a variable thing like "incorrect religious view points" (one man's divine revelation is another man's human rights violation), sometimes they do come with very real consequences. People like Harold Camping and Jack Phillips comes to mind. Although the freedom found in western cultures is far greater than the remainder of the world, however still holds a sword over our heads.

So I imagine as long as a viewpoint is looked upon as rather innocuous and benign to the greater public, it's your freedom and prerogative.

That is a valid point but there are some risks on both sides of this.......
Let's postulate that three year and ten month old Colton Burpo really did view and experience all of the amazing things that he told his dad and mom about from the time that he was four or five until he was about eight, in his book?

Let's imagine that the power of his testimony is just what a particular person needs to begin to break out of Atheism...... or bitterness....... but a Christian cannot use that testimony...... because they are taught an exaggerated and inaccurate version of Soul Sleep? (That would be my own condition back in 1988). Then in this situation a powerful tool for witnessing to others is unused.

Revelation 12:11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."

The following division within the Body of Messiah is making her weaker than she might otherwise be....... if we prayed and asked and then received real wisdom on this topic? Roughly fifty percent of us are wrong....... and only the Holy Spirit can wake us up and show us what is really true?!

Friends of yours watch Heaven Is For Real and ask you about it?

Is Colton Burpo a credible witness?
Edit
  1. *
    Yes
    12 vote(s)
    46.2%

2. No
    12 vote(s)
    46.2%

3. I am not sure but I am looking into this.
    2 vote(s)
    7.7%
Change Your Vote

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes.

The continuation of the spirit of Moses?

I had a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes as I listened to that clip over and over again. I already copied and pasted the link to that video on several other forums.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,146.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I had a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes as I listened to that clip over and over again. I already copied and pasted the link to that video on several other forums.

Interesting about the Rebbe,
when his father in law, the sixth Rebbe passed on,

Many meant it was a given that he should take over,
but he did not want to,
they kept on at him, so he told them,
"If you do not stop I will run away and you will never find me again."
However he was persuaded, thank God.

• Winner
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Interesting about the Rebbe,
when his father in law, the sixth Rebbe passed on,

Many meant it was a given that he should take over,
but he did not want to,
they kept on at him, so he told them,
"If you do not stop I will run away and you will never find me again."
However he was persuaded, thank God.

Wow!!!!!!!

It is astonishing how often the most qualified people (in the sight of G-d).... do not want high office or fame....... they fear losing the freedom that life offers when we are more of a blue collar worker....... .than a white collar worker!

I am a janitor at a school and I really like my life.... I get to do an eight hour work out that I get paid for between 2:30 - 10:30 pm...... and I am free in the mornings to pursue my hobby as a writer!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eyes wide Open

Love and peace is the ONLY foundation-to build....
Dec 13, 2011
Australia
✟34,910.00
Faith
Wow!!!!!!!

It is astonishing how often the most qualified people (in the sight of G-d).... do not want high office or fame....... they fear losing the freedom that life offers when we are more of a blue collar worker....... .than a white collar worker!

I am a janitor at a school and I really like my life.... I get to do an eight hour work out that I get paid for between 2:30 - 10:30 pm...... and I am free in the mornings to pursue my hobby as a writer!

What are you writing about Dennis?.....let me guess, haha. NDE?

• Haha
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Cool. Good luck. You seem well versed in the chosen topic.

Studying near death experience accounts got me disfellowshipped from the Worldwide Church of God and one of their offshoots back in 1991....... so I have invested quite a bit in these accounts. I had been involved with the WWCG since 1972 so I did not lightly get into a squabble with them........ but after reading NDE accounts for several months.... I felt that I had to.

By then I could no longer go along with the Soul Sleep doctrine that I had believed in since the early 1970's.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,146.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Wow!!!!!!!

Blue collar v whitecollar,

Since when is a shepherd a whitecollar job?

Mind you, be one raised up to king as with David,

but then, that can be a risky buisness too, would reckon.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eyes wide Open

Love and peace is the ONLY foundation-to build....
Dec 13, 2011
Australia
✟34,910.00
Faith
Studying near death experience accounts got me disfellowshipped from the Worldwide Church of God and one of their offshoots back in 1991....... so I have invested quite a bit in these accounts. I had been involved with the WWCG since 1972 so I did not lightly get into a squabble with them........ but after reading NDE accounts for several months.... I felt that I had to.

By then I could no longer go along with the Soul Sleep doctrine that I had believed in since the early 1970's.

Life is seldom without it's hurdles hey.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Blue collar v whitecollar,

Since when is a shepherd a whitecollar job?

Mind you, be one raised up to king as with David,

but then, that can be a risky buisness too, would reckon.

I sure do look forward to the day when the feeble residents of Jerusalem will be comparable to King David.......

Zechariah 12:8

In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus stated something very similar that probably astonished his students......

Matthew 11:11

Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,146.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Wow!!!!!!!

Moses was not too keen on going either.

"Have You no one else You can send?"

• Informative
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,146.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I sure do look forward to the day when the feeble residents of Jerusalem will be comparable to King David.......

Zechariah 12:8

Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus stated something very similar that probably astonished his students......

Matthew 11:11

I am looking forward to the day of the upsidedown world :)

I,m reckonimg it will be that those who are on top now,
lining their pockets by robbing and oppressing the poor,

will be on the bottom then.

When the Messiah comes he will rule with justice and fairness.

May he come soon.

But not too soon, gotta get the engine fixed in the boat first,

HAHA, just kidding.

Who knows, I may be allowed to set up a boatrepair buisness, that would be something. :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Moses was not too keen on going either.

"Have You no one else You can send?"

Throughout all of history HaShem is looking for people to give similar blessings and abilities to as was given to Moses........... but the attitude of sticking up for others is so rare.......

Eze 22:30

And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

Deu 9:25

Thus I fell down before the LORD forty days and forty nights, as I fell down at the first; because the LORD had said he would destroy you.

I prayed therefore unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, destroy not thy people and thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed through thy greatness, which thou hast brought forth out of Egypt with a mighty hand.

Deureronomy 9

Exodus 32:32

Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin—; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.
And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Upvote 0