Will near death experience accounts cause Christianity to find common ground with other religions?

Will near death experience accounts tend to unite Christianity and other religions?

• yes

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • no

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Perhaps somewhat

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I hope not

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I do hope so.

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I am visiting family a couple of thousand miles away from home and I don't have audio at this time but I am thinking that you may find the following poll somewhat interesting:

Should Christians support Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple.

No, waiting for Moshiach.

The two last Temples did not last,

I have a starting point from;
That which is achieved by force will not survive,
Solomons Temple,
80,000 shifts,
built by taxes.

Only to be destoyed.

Anything accomplished by inspiration, passion and enthusiasm will last forever.

Mishkan,
Exodus 25:1-2,
Exodus 36:3-6,

Was built with voluntary donations,

It was never destroyed, it is hidden.

What sort of sacrifices are people expecting?

Psalms 51:18-19,
For You do not wish a sacrifice,
or I would give it,
You do not desire a burnt offering.

The sacrifices of God are a a broken spirit;
O God,
You will not despise a broken and crushed heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am thinking that the answer to this question is Yes.....
because no matter what nation or belief system somebody has before their brush with death they often experience an out of the body experience......... a Life Review..... meeting previously deceased relatives in that out of the body state...... and afterward they tend to fear death much less.

2 Corinthians 12

I know a man in Christ, fourteen years ago (whether in the body, I know not; or whether out of the body, I know not; God knoweth), such a one caught up even to the third heaven.

3 And I know such a man (whether in the body, or apart from the body, I know not; God knoweth), 4 how that he was caught up into Paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

How do you feel about joining Pagan beliefs to God Dennis?

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,312.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I'd like to answer this. In a lot of ways I don't see much difference between the Christian image of God and the ancient Greek image of their Gods. That's because both have their God's sitting apart from us, maybe on a Golden thrown somewhere, judging us, throwing down Thunder Bolts or causing floods, turning people into salt and what ever. Personally, I don't see much difference.

• Useful
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'd like to answer this. In a lot of ways I don't see much difference between the Christian image of God and the ancient Greek image of their Gods. That's because both have their God's sitting apart from us, maybe on a Golden thrown somewhere, judging us, throwing down Thunder Bolts or causing floods, turning people into salt and what ever. Personally, I don't see much difference.
The difference is the One True God opposed to the many man made gods.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Personally I believe that this promise will be kept.......

John 16:25
These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

If that promise is being kept now...... for example from 1990 to the present..... then near death experience accounts that INCLUDE A LIFE REVIEW.... are the best possible fulfillment for this promise being kept that I personally know of.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Personally I believe that this promise will be kept.......

John 16:25

If that promise is being kept now...... for example from 1990 to the present..... then near death experience accounts that INCLUDE A LIFE REVIEW.... are the best possible fulfillment for this promise being kept that I personally know of.
OK ???

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
NDE accounts could assist the Pro-life community to connect with Animal Rights Activists?

African American deaths by Abortion vs other causes.

It is a truly good thing that so many Americans are protesting the horrible treatment of animals by some scientists............
One NDE in six involves a meeting with a previously deceased pet...... Little Colton Burpo reported meeting many animals in heaven.

But of course the treatment of the unborn is an even worse injustice that needs to be addressed first.

Near-Death Experiences with Deceased Pets

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I could be wrong..... I often am......
but there is a character named "Azazel" in The Book of Enoch
that was a part of the Christian canon until the time of Jerome........
that would sure remind us of the tale of Leda and the Swan that might indicate a connection between Zeus of Greek myth with Azazel of ancient Jewish scriptures, (assuming that the copy of the Book of Enoch that we have is genuine)?

Betty Eadie's Near-Death Experience
Betty Eadie: " I wanted to know why there were so many churches in the world. Why didn't God give us only one church, one pure religion? The answer came to me with the purest of understanding. Each of us, I was told, is at a different level of spiritual development and understanding. Each person is therefore prepared for a different level of spiritual knowledge. All religions upon the Earth are necessary because there are people who need what they teach. People in one religion may not have a complete understanding of the Lord's gospel and never will have while in that religion. But that religion is used as a stepping stone to further knowledge. Each church fulfills spiritual needs that perhaps others cannot fill. No one church can fulfill everybody's needs at every level. As an individual raises his level of understanding about God and his own eternal progress, he might feel discontented with the teachings of his present church and seek a different philosophy or religion to fill that void. When this occurs he has reached another level of understanding and will long for further truth and knowledge, and for another opportunity to grow. And at every step of the way, these new opportunities to learn will be given.

Having received this knowledge, I knew that we have no right to criticize any church or religion in any way. They are all precious in his sight. Very special people with important missions have been placed in all countries, in all religions, in every station of life, that they might touch others. There is a fullness of the gospel, but most people will not attain it here. In order to grasp this truth, we need to listen to the Spirit and let go of our egos.

We seem to be living in a time period when G-d wants us to be able to catch onto the HUGE picture..........
and I mean COLOSSAL?!

Yom Kippur/The Rapture connection?!

"but the goat on which the lot fell for Aza'zel shall be presented alive before the LORD
to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness
to Aza'zel." (Leviticus 16:10)

In a nutshell I have came to strongly suspect that Azazel is the fallen angel who will be somewhat like General Abner who brought the ten tribes over to King David or to Rav Shaul/Paul who repented of persecuting Christians and followers of God.

I suspect that when the fallen angel Azazel returns to the God of Abraham with his whole heart...when Yom Kippur is completely fulfilled....then a major step will have been taken toward the ushering in of a truly new era of worldwide peace where even the eating habits of wild animals like lions will be altered!

And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
Matthew 12)

At least Azazel deserves credit for fulfilling this scripture:

James 2:19
You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

I think that it is time for the Book of Enoch to become well read again. There is a prophecy within it that it would be hidden for centuries...... and then in the latter days it would be brought out and well known. Chapter 13 is interesting.

Chapter 13

Then Enoch, passing on, said to Azazyel: You shalt not obtain peace. A great sentence is gone forth against you. He shall bind you;

2Neither shall relief, mercy, and supplication be yours, on account of the oppression which you have taught;

3And on account of every act of blasphemy, tyranny, and sin, which you have discovered to the children of men.

4Then departing from him I spoke to them all together;

5And they all became terrified, and trembled;

6Beseeching me to write for them a memorial of supplication, that they might obtain forgiveness; and that I might make the memorial of their prayer ascend up before the God of heaven; because they could not themselves thenceforwards address him, nor raise up their eyes to heaven on account of the disgraceful offence for which they were judged.

7Then I wrote a memorial of their prayer and supplications, for their spirits, for everything which they had done, and for the subject of their entreaty, that they might obtain remission and rest.

8Proceeding on, I continued over the waters of Danbadan, (16) which is on the right to the west of Armon, reading the memorial of their prayer, until I fell asleep.

(16) Danbadan. Dan in Dan (Knibb, p. 94).

9And behold a dream came to me, and visions appeared above me. I fell down and saw a vision of punishment, that I might relate it to the sons of heaven, and reprove them. When I awoke I went to them. All being collected together stood weeping in Oubelseyael, which is situated between Libanos and Seneser, (17) with their faces veiled.

(17) Libanos and Seneser. Lebanon and Senir (near Damascus).

10I related in their presence all the visions which I had seen, and my dream;

11And began to utter these words of righteousness, reproving the Watchers of heaven.

Upvote 0

Eyes wide Open

Love and peace is the ONLY foundation-to build....
Dec 13, 2011
Australia
✟34,910.00
Faith
NDE accounts could assist the Pro-life community to connect with Animal Rights Activists?

African American deaths by Abortion vs other causes.

It is a truly good thing that so many Americans are protesting the horrible treatment of animals by some scientists............
One NDE in six involves a meeting with a previously deceased pet...... Little Colton Burpo reported meeting many animals in heaven.

But of course the treatment of the unborn is an even worse injustice that needs to be addressed first.

Most animal rights activists are also vegan and see that treatment of animals as sentient beings as unnecessary because all sentient life is of importance. I would assume (happy to be corrected in individual cases) that most of the pro life comunity are hypocrites, because they defend the life of one being whilst eating another. It's called speciesism. Worse still many of those animals suffer terribly in factory farmed environments because they are sentient. Many of the animals skinned and cut up are still conscious. Most animals that are used in labs are still conscious Dennis. Their experience of life is no different to yours or mine Dennis. Tell me if that's ok Dennis?

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Most animal rights activists are also vegan and see that treatment of animals as sentient beings as unnecessary because all sentient life is of importance. I would assume (happy to be corrected in individual cases) that most of the pro life comunity are hypocrites, because they defend the life of one being whilst eating another. It's called speciesism. Worse still many of those animals suffer terribly in factory farmed environments because they are sentient. Many of the animals skinned and cut up are still conscious. Most animals that are used in labs are still conscious Dennis. Their experience of life is no different to yours or mine Dennis. Tell me if that's ok Dennis?

Could points Eyes wide Open.......
massive changes are coming........

Isaiah 11:9

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Reverend Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience

The future that they showed me was almost no technology at all. What everybody, absolutely everybody, in this euphoric future spent most of their time doing was raising children. The chief concern of people was children, and everybody considered children to be the most precious commodity in the world.

And when a person became an adult, there was no sense of anxiety, nor hatred, nor competition.

There was this enormous sense of trust and mutual respect. If a person, in this view of the future, became disturbed, then the community of people all cared about the disturbed person falling away from the harmony of the group. Spiritually, through prayer and love, the others would elevate the afflicted person.

What people did with the rest of their time was that they gardened, with almost no physical effort. They showed me that plants, with prayer, would produce huge fruits and vegetables.

People, in unison, could control the climate of the planet through prayer. Everybody would work with mutual trust and the people would call the rain, when needed, and the sun to shine.

Animals lived with people, in harmony.

But what exactly does it mean, "animals lived with people in harmony?"

Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48 talk about sacrifices being made during the millennium.............
but at least the Levites who make those sacrifices will know that the spirits of those animals do indeed to upward???!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eyes wide Open

Dec 13, 2011
Australia
✟34,910.00
Faith
Reverend Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience
But what exactly does it mean, "animals lived with people in harmony?"

Its an interesting propostion. I think the NDE mechanism is subject to our own individual psyche, with additions. It remains unclear to me if the NDE experince is linked to the afterlife (meaning absolute death of the phyical form) or more to this life, meaning that the person experincing the NDE comes back to this physical reality with the 'additional element' which is an amount of guidance. So if Howard storm saw a version of his heaven, then the guidance was to come back to physical reality and bring that heaven back into his physical reality with action, to bring that heaven to earth. Its for him to answer the question of whether he is in that process. One would assume that at some stage in the future his physical demise will result in him having to qualify that process if the Christian doctrine of the afterlife is correct, or relavent to somebody that holds that Christian proposition within their psyche.

So to answer for this physical reality there are two factors to take into consideration. One- is that organisms with a brain have the capacity to change. The brain has neuroplasicity, meaning it is not fixed in its experince of life. Two- if you take away the needs of survival for an animal be human or otherwise then a shift within that animal can occur. If humans in the past living a nomadic/tribal life didn't rely on animals as a food source then those animals would trust humans more, or begin to trust them more in the wild, building a greater harmony, but not instantly and only if our needs were catered for with an abundance of plant life, thus not needing animals as food source.

If technology allowed humans to not to have to hunt and kill animals (as it does today in most countries with the said technology) we could build that trust to a ceratin degree living more harmoniously with all life. We would not be seen as a predator as such. That said I can't imagine splashing playfully in the water with a croc any time soon!! So I would have to say his NDE was something of a mystery (as they all are) with perhaps it only being unique to his own psyche.

Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48 talk about sacrifices being made during the millennium.............
but at least the Levites who make those sacrifices will know that the spirits of those animals do indeed to upward???!!!

I'm not sure what going upwards actually means. From my perspective all life forms carry energetic elements and that its the psyche (call it a bundle of information) that continues on into other life forms, or can stay as a collection of information and perhaps awareness on some level. An animal lives an experince and on some level will experince something beyond its physical demise, or it will if there is somthing to experince after its death. Perhaps that is the 'going up'

If a pet is in the NDE of a person, that is because that pet is within the psyche of the person having the NDE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,312.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Most animal rights activists are also vegan and see that treatment of animals as sentient beings as unnecessary because all sentient life is of importance.
Of "importance"? Yes!

But many of us look deeper and go further as we experience a harmony with Nature through a resacralize of our existence with the Earth. That sacred aspect with Nature has been all but lost for most of humanity. The indigenous cultures still get it. But with that loss are any ideas of living in harmony with Nature. We just don't know how to do it any longer. Nature has become something to control as if it's separate from us and we separate from Nature.

Upvote 0

Eyes wide Open

Dec 13, 2011
Australia
✟34,910.00
Faith
Of "importance"? Yes!

But many of us look deeper and go further as we experience a harmony with Nature through a resacralize of our existence with the Earth. That sacred aspect with Nature has been all but lost for most of humanity. The indigenous cultures still get it. But with that loss are any ideas of living in harmony with Nature. We just don't know how to do it any longer. Nature has become something to control as if it's separate from us and we separate from Nature.

We are separate from nature. We live in city's and suburban dwellings, we push steel frames on wheels to gather food, without any regard or interest where it came from or how it lives or was produced. We pay that food almost no regard in our survival.
We are a puppets to the dollar hungry corporations, they know we are blind. From that position we construct barriers in our mind separating us more from nature. It becomes our experince and reality.
Somehow I reset my switch through meditation. I'm blessed it occured, although in essence I was always searching for it.

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Particularly interesting are the NDEs where people claim to have gone to a place of great torment. There are hundreds of such accounts on youtube alone. I think that those who are data-driven will find explanations that are more to do with the trust one puts in the knowledge of God they have rather than creedal adherence. Those who are boundary focused will attempt to discount the data with ad hoc inferences. Most counter-intuitive are the accounts of non-Christians who met the person Jesus who they were sure didn't exist.

Upvote 0

Eyes wide Open

Dec 13, 2011
Australia
✟34,910.00
Faith
Of "importance"? Yes!

Ahimsa - Wikipedia

Upvote 0