Will many come to Christ during the Great Tribulation??

DaveM

Nov 26, 2016
nc
✟72,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have herd many preachers say that during the tribulation many will come to Christ and be saved during the tribulation,,, these are the same preachers that usually preach a pre-trib rapture...

So I ask if anyone could provide scripture that supports many coming to Christ during the great tribulation.

thanks

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tribulation has been happening since Christianity began.

Same with the faithful Patriarchs in the OT, they went through much tribulation in life, only died once and were always looking forward to the Sacrificial Lamb and his second coming as Judge. God when speaking to Job asked him if he was going to question his judgement at the end of days.

the 2nd death (to the best of my understanding) is Christ judging a person's soul to eternal hell.

Being an overcomer of the 2nd death (judgement) is being true and faithful to Christ and his commandments. Revelation 2:17

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
2,000 years has been a long time my friend!
But The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
But The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Interpretation

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where is the great tribulation found in the bible?

"For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will." (Matthew 24:21) Note that Jesus says it had not yet begun, would be worse than anything that happened previously, and nothing that followed would be worse.

After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; and they cry out with a loud voice, saying, "Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb." And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying, "Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen." Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?" I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. (Revelation 7:9-14)

Darby created that theory (i think)

Uhhhh... Darby didn't write the Gospel of Matthew and book of Revelation, did he? Not an expert on Darby by any stretch of the imagination, but I am fairly certain that even his most rabid supporters don't believe he wrote any of the books of the Bible lol.

Hebrews 9:27-28

Not sure how that Scripture relates to what is being discussed... could you please explain?

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 'tribulation' as shown in the Book of Revelation will begin to fall as soon as the Church ("Bride") is translated up out of this world to Heaven (often called 'rapture' --pure joy). That is when the first of the two "beasts" will begin to reign on earth, and great trouble and much death will begin. Those who do not take the mark of the beast ---(666) will not be able to buy anything, and will face great torture and often death ---three and a half years of the seven years of 'trib.' period; then Christ will come down in wrath at end of 'trib' time and overthrow all enemies before He begins His reign (the Millennium period. Any souls saved during the 'trib' time by God, will only come by martyrdom.

If anyone wishes to learn more of that scene they can write me personally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0