JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does tend to lend credence to two ideas that have been widely speculated on recently:

1. Biden is a pushover as has been claimed, almost gleefully, by the radical wing of the party.

and

2. Harris is indeed so self-motivated and ambitious that she will overshadow the Presidential nominee of her party and make it a Trump vs. Harris race with Biden being seen as a mere figurehead.

Well he is getting to be kinda old and Covid-19 is running around...she could be president...only one virus away.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,615.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm shocked that she once claimed Joe Biden was racist and is now his running mate...
I would be shocked too if that actually happened.
She specifically said "I do not believe you are a racist" while still attacking his record on busing.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
George Bush once claimed that Ronald Reagan’s economic plan was voodoo economics. That was before he became Reagan‘s running mate.
And he had a hard time putting that statement behind him.

It will be interesting to see how Biden has become an opponent of even tacit racism and done so in such a short time!

• Friendly
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
George Bush once claimed that Ronald Reagan’s economic plan was voodoo economics. That was before he became Reagan‘s running mate.
That was funny too...

Of course Bush SR had some major bloopers..."Read my lips" was one of the best when he voted in favor of a luxury tax.

• Agree
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟612,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Very few people parade gender/race/religion/appearance/political party/etc...more than Trump.
Not when talking about a vp candidate he doesn't; that territory is wholly owned by Biden and the democratic party.

• Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟612,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Nobody lied other than, maybe, the one claiming Biden caved in by appointing a very highly qualified person as his VP running mate.
Sorry Yarddog....not gonna rise to the bait as much as you would love to see the thread shut down.....

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟612,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm shocked that she once claimed Joe Biden was racist and is now his running mate...
Well they do say politics makes for strange bedfellows.....Harris should know that through experience.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well they do say politics makes for strange bedfellows.....Harris should know that through experience.
Oh wait...she is very vindictive.
Read her record about what she did to a former boss....she quit just to "get even" after a demotion and then fired everyone who didn't support her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not when talking about a vp candidate he doesn't; that territory is wholly owned by Biden and the democratic party.
Why does being a VP candidate limit the discussion? You drew a conclusion about Biden based on limited information and I took your cue and applied that to Trump based on a ton of information.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry Yarddog....not gonna rise to the bait as much as you would love to see the thread shut down.....
I'm not baiting anyone. I'm just using your logic and applying it to another post.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ahhhh, you beat me to it......LOL
LOL...

Low hanging fruit dude! Gotta be quick to grab it.

You would think that the Democrats in media would be grateful to Trump for giving them so much material to work with.

And it becomes so obvious who is "Blue Dog" and who isn't.

"Blue Dog" meaning that people who will vote for a yellow dog because the dog has either a R or D behind his name....but this time they choked the yellow dog until he turned blue and died...but they still vote for the dog.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟612,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Why does being a VP candidate limit the discussion? You drew a conclusion about Biden based on limited information and I took your cue and applied that to Trump based on a ton of information.
Refreshing your memory on the OP: Black male leaders warn Biden ‘will lose’ election if he doesn't name Black female running mate
A group of over 100 Black male leaders is declaring that presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden “has” to name a Black woman as his running mate.

In a letter made public on Monday, the signatories warned the former vice president that “failing to select a Black woman in 2020 means you will lose the election.”

Will Joe cave to the demands made in the letter?....has he already caved even before the letter?.....Or will we be able to tell the difference?

Because this thread is specifically about VP candidates that Biden was looking at and has nothing to do with Trump. If you want to talk about Trump vp candidates please feel free to start a thread.

Screwed up the post, had to edit it.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Refreshing your memory on the OP: Black male leaders warn Biden ‘will lose’ election if he doesn't name Black female running mate
A group of over 100 Black male leaders is declaring that presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden “has” to name a Black woman as his running mate.

In a letter made public on Monday, the signatories warned the former vice president that “failing to select a Black woman in 2020 means you will lose the election.”

Will Joe cave to the demands made in the letter?....has he already caved even before the letter?.....Or will we be able to tell the difference?

Because this thread is specifically about VP candidates that Biden was looking at and has nothing to do with Trump. If you want to talk about Trump vp candidates please feel free to start a thread.

He picked someone who is qualified. If Harris were not a US citizen but he had picked her anyway based on pressure that would be caving. He can pick whoever he wants; he picked her.

• Winner
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟819,215.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Refreshing your memory
on the OP: Black male leaders warn Biden ‘will lose’ election if he doesn't name Black female running mate

Let me remind you what my response to your post was.

"Selecting a black woman as his running mate doesn't mean that he caved into anyone unless he passed up higher qualified people because of the demands of those who were wanting a black woman."

• Winner
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟612,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Let me remind you what my response to your post was.

"Selecting a black woman as his running mate doesn't mean that he caved into anyone unless he passed up higher qualified people because of the demands of those who were wanting a black woman."
Since he excluded over 90% of the population from consideration there is every chance there were more qualified people.
Post #81......

Upvote 0