Will Jesus return in 2015 ?

jamadan

Jan 1, 2009
✟8,566.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The abomination of desolation was a prophecy that was already fulfilled in the destruction of the temple in 70 AD. The seige of Jerusalem killed over a million Jews according to Josephus - http://insight2bp.homestead.com/152.html. If you read the account in Eusebius in 300 AD, he gave a great alignment from the events and how precisely they fulfilled that prophetic word. Jesus said it would happen soon and it did. I don't think another temple needs to be built. I look for the Lord's return, but never listen to anyone teaching on it. Too many years listening to Hal Lindsey and all those who have followed fall flat in their predictions of how it will all unfold.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2011
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
The abomination of desolation was a prophecy that was already fulfilled in the destruction of the temple in 70 AD. The seige of Jerusalem killed over a million Jews according to Josephus - Insight #152 -- Abomination of Desolation. If you read the account in Eusebius in 300 AD, he gave a great alignment from the events and how precisely they fulfilled that prophetic word. Jesus said it would happen soon and it did. I don't think another temple needs to be built. I look for the Lord's return, but never listen to anyone teaching on it. Too many years listening to Hal Lindsey and all those who have followed fall flat in their predictions of how it will all unfold.
What denomination believes in what you said? Charismatics?

I might go for the 70 ad theories. Others are welcome to tell me If I'm right.

Upvote 0

Lilly Owl

Since when is God's adversary a curse word here?
Dec 23, 2012
✟2,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
How is it that proposals like this are bandied about by people who never read the Bible?
Scripture says no man knows when Christ will return.

That's it!
Period!
It doesn't change as the years go by and the secular world looks like it's imploding on itself and those then, as has been the case for over 2000 years, can be interpreted as events and signs that this must surely mean Jesus is coming soon.

And why is it that when people actually imagine Jesus may return in a couple of years, that they're even more certain they'll be the one's to see glory!

It's quite pathetic.

Upvote 0

jamadan

Jan 1, 2009
✟8,566.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What denomination believes in what you said? Charismatics?

I might go for the 70 ad theories. Others are welcome to tell me If I'm right.

Good question, I don't really know.

I believe what I posted was the only belief for the early church. After all, the Christians in Jerusalem were warned by the Holy Spirit to recall Jesus' prophecy and they were the only ones who escaped when the Roman General paused before attacking. To them, the destruction of the Temple was a huge thing and all the suffering and death aligned precisely with the prophecy.

Upvote 0

BeeWrangler

wishing I was fishing
Feb 13, 2011
The boonies
✟5,307.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And why is it that when people actually imagine Jesus may return in a couple of years, that they're even more certain they'll be the one's to see glory!

It's quite pathetic.

I'm thinking maybe because the bible tells us that Jesus is the way to salvation and those of us who follow him, love him and put him before all things, remembering and follow his word are promised salvation... Jesus died on the cross to free us, he paid the price for us.

Matthew 7:15
Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Matthew 6:1

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

James 1:26

If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless

1 John 4:20

If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

I wonder if Jesus ran around calling people pathetic? It is statements like that that chase away people who are seeking knowledge in God. I have been thinking of finding a new church, but seeing now how warm and friendly Pentecostals are.... I think I will keep looking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iLove

Jan 3, 2013
✟28,526.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is preparing to remove true Christians from the face of the earth, in what is known as the Rapture. Many of your Christian friends and relatives will suddenly become “missing”. If you have witnessed the Rapture, if you are one of those who have been left behind what will you do?

Upvote 0