• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

will i still go to heaven if i kill myself? **Trigger Warning**

JudyH

Site Supporter
May 6, 2009
Maryland, U.S.
✟25,213.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Awwww, I'm so sorry you're in pain. Do you know what the cause is? Have you lost someone or something? Are you grieving? My husband, who also suffers from depression, says that depression is losing track of who you are. I think that is very true! There are so many possible causes of depression, not always just brain chemistry. Please do some research and see if you can figure out what is causing yours. There is most likely a solution.

When I was growing up as a Catholic, suicide was considered to be the unforgivable sin and therefore would result in a person going to hell. The Catholic church has softened its stance since then and focuses on God's mercy rather than His judgment. Still, would you want to take a chance that maybe you couldn't be with Jesus for all eternity after all? It sounds like you love Him and know He loves you. Can you consider that you might be able to feel His love in this lifetime, and you don't have to die to know that He is with you and loves you very much?

God will use your pain to help others. Please just ask Him for the grace and strength to get through this, and try to trust that He has plans for you. Lots of people are praying for you now, so I really hope you can feel that we're all gathered around you, lifting you up to the Lord and asking Him to touch you in a special way.

Love, Judy

Upvote 0

Celticroots

Jun 2, 2012
✟72,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you have a mental illness? If so are you getting help for it? Meds? Therapy? If you feel you cannot keep yourself safe, go to the ER immediately.

Having lost someone to suicide my views may not be the norm. I believe God when He said nothing can separate believers from Him, including mental illness, which is the most common reason people commit suicide.

Regarding non believers and that they will go to Hell, I am not sure. Because we can’t know if they asked Christ to save them in those last moments and asked for forgiveness. Some would say doing that is abusing God’s grace. To that I say absolute hogwash. Suicide is a symptom of a larger problem, often untreated mental illness. They are literally not in their right mind when they take their lives. God knows this.

And treating mental illness is not as simple as taking a pill; some don’t respond to the meds at all, or others have had to try dozens of drugs before finding one that helps. If it doesn’t stop working that is. And some people don’t have insurance so cannot access help.

That said suicide is NOT the answer. Please don’t do it. It devastates those left behind.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
went to hospital last night. feel so much better. God reaches down and pulled my out of the pit i was in. i have peace in my soul now and am so glad He heard my prayers for help.
I'm SO glad you got help and you're feeling better.

Please let us know if we can help or anytime you want to reach out.

Thank you for letting us know you are doing better. :)

God be with you.

Upvote 0

Deniz

Jun 14, 2018
Istanbul
✟23,462.00
Country
Turkey
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
went to hospital last night. feel so much better. God reaches down and pulled my out of the pit i was in. i have peace in my soul now and am so glad He heard my prayers for help.

He always, always hears; and He suffers when you do.

God promises better days Bonnie, don't give up on Life Himself.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my pain is too much and i am all alone. i read the scriptures but have no hope. i see no way out. i can’t eat sleep. i just want to be in heaven where i will be loved. will Jesus forgive my of my sin?

Bible promises eternal life for righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

I believe righteous person doesn’t kill himself, at least not with bad reason. So, the question would be, do you really have good reason. If we are expected to be like Jesus, could you imagine Jesus killing himself before crucifixion so that he could be loved? Jesus chose to be loyal to God and love others, not expect things for himself, but to work for our benefit. I think it is good example and I recommend rather to love others than seek love from others. Interesting thing is, when you love others, you usually also begin to get love from others.

I hope you can see past the unpleasant things and focus on good things.

As long as person has time on this earth, I think there is reason for that. I hope you use your remaining time for doing good. In any case time here is short, that is why it could be better not to hurry, but rather do as much good as possible.

Sell that which you have, and give gifts to the needy. Make for yourselves purses which don't grow old, a treasure in the heavens that doesn't fail, where no thief approaches, neither moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Luke 12:33-34

Upvote 0