• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

will i still go to heaven if i kill myself? **Trigger Warning**

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one knows, the final act may itself be murder. But we need you Bonniejo. We are salt and light to a world of darkness even when we feel worthless. The world needs you, and as a part of the Body of Christ we need you!

This song has always helped me through these thoughts and I hope it will help you. The singer is singing his heart out here as he was planning to kill himself before he found Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please hold on. There are people who can help you. You are so precious to God, so please don't let your feelings tell you otherwise. I too long to be with Jesus but it is not for me to decide the time.
There are people here who go through feelings such as yours and you will find encouragement and support.:groupray:
Don't give up dear one. I will be praying for you.
I would like you to read Psalm 27.
Psalms 61 and 62 are helpful too.
God bless you and "be of good courage and he shall strengthen thine heart"

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please just talk to someone right away. When I was really really angry once, I reached out for support. Although you may not realize it now, you will find your way out your present despair.

Just like I found my way past my anger,

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
my pain is too much and i am all alone. i read the scriptures but have no hope. i see no way out. i can’t eat sleep. i just want to be in heaven where i will be loved. will Jesus forgive my of my sin?

Would you want to die without knowing definitively? i wouldn't.... Would you risk it all on indefinite knowledge? I'm in pain too, just the physical pains of diabetic neuropathy damage to nerves, and degenerative scoliosis slowly chipping away at my constitution every day. Life is not ours to take bro, cling to the giver of life, may Christ be your everything, may He put your hope in Him, and give peace that surpasses all understanding.

Upvote 0

DW1980

Don
Site Supporter
Dec 12, 2017
Scotland
✟121,809.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP
my pain is too much and i am all alone. i read the scriptures but have no hope. i see no way out. i can’t eat sleep. i just want to be in heaven where i will be loved. will Jesus forgive my of my sin?

Hi

I have been where you are now - I know what it is to want to get out from life.

You could end it all. That will end the pain and suffering. But, it will also take away all the good things in your future. I am so glad I am still here, I was wrong, there was hope, there was no way out, but there was a way through. I am certain that this will be true for you too.

Give it time, trust that God knows what he is doing. I know - believe me I know - that right now, that's the hardest thing you can do. It's the hardest thing to believe. But it is true. I know that from experience.

One day you will look back, and you too will be glad you are still here. Nothing stays the same, everything changes - even your situation. Whatever is happening to you will not last forever. It does, and it will get better.

Praying for you :)

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is your pain physical or emotional?

I'm sorry for what you're going through. This world is a tough place and we all have our problems...you're not alone.

If your pain is emotional, I can tell you this for sure: All things pass. It may seem like there'll be no end in sight, but change is the rule and things are always changing.

Life is like a play, every act is different and has a new stage design.

God will call you when it's time --- it's not up to you to decide when it's time.

If God is for you...who can be against you??

God bless you and give you the strength you need at this time in your life.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Listen Friend, We are here for you and I know all to well the damage that suicide does to the people you leave behind. Please do not attempt this as it is never the answer. I sent you a private message. Please talk to me.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have to come and agree with DW1980 as I have been where you are and it prompted me to remember also something that I was told and still hold onto whenever I need to.

And that is YOU WILL NOT ALWAYS FEEL THIS WAY and sometimes you just have to ride it out and I know its hard but you will be able.
We all hold you in prayer and more importantly God holds you in the palm of His hand and when we see Him he will wash all tears from our eyes. Imagine that!:)

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Father I lift up Bonnie to you and I pray Your strength and great peace for her, Help her Lord to realize that life is a blessing and that You can use her greatly to reach others for the Kingdom and that she can have a happy healthy and productive life in Jesus name Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I have been suicidal and have made multiple attempts at my life and there is nothing to be gained in it. God has a purpose for us and you should rely on God. If you really count on being with him for eternity then isn't this life a small price to pay? It is not from wisdom which you are thinking. God wants us to do his will and his will is obviously for you to live and save other souls. So stop thinking about yourself and let God take care of it.

Upvote 0

name_is_irrelevant

Jun 16, 2018
Farton
✟6,276.00
Country
Afghanistan
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Yes, but don't.

Going to heaven isn't dependent on your obedience; Christ obeyed on your behalf, so you get in off that, not your own. Justification is independent of your behaviour, because only perfect behaviour is acceptable to God, and no one's perfect but Christ, so you get in off his obedience instead.

Now go get counselling.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dear one,

I am praying for you.

Please accept some help. As to the answer for your question, it is not something any of us can answer with certainty how God will judge a particular person.

But suicide is never the answer. It is the enemy that pushes such thoughts. You will surely cut off good plans of God toward you, and hurt others at the same time. Don't let the enemy push you to do such a thing.

There are people who will talk you anytime ... I see one link given above, but depending on what you are facing others may be able to help too. Here is a post that lists all kinds of help.

We also have a chaplain's area where you can talk to them, privately if you want.

Chaplains Office

Do you have a pastor you can talk to? Friends or family members? Please reach out to people who can offer you help.

Praying for you.

God be with you.

• Winner
Reactions: DW1980
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Any of us might die at any minute and feel that warm glow too.
But it remains a mystery why we got stuck here instead with
no way out of it visible. We just have to trust that God had
something in mind and keep our eyes open for what He has planned.

Reactions: DW1980
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

heisrisen90

Mar 9, 2018
in
✟10,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been there multiple times, full on suck the life out of you despair when it feels like theres no possible way you can take another minute. It always gets better though.

<staff edit>

Here is a short video from a respected pastor. listen to 2:50 on especially
Are There Times When You're So Depressed, You Don't Want to Be Ar - Resources - Eternal Perspective Ministries

I dont mean to suck the hope that you are feeling suicide will bring out of you(ive felt it) but whats saved me so many times is the "what if" and i seriously want you to think about that.
What if...
We are talking about something ETERNAL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This thread has been moved from Testimonies to Recovery Related Spiritual Advice.

The thread has been cleaned with edits or post removals to comply with the recovery guidelines and Statement of Purpose of this forum. Please review these if you have never posted in recovery before, before you post.

Thanks for being here!

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

needhugs

Flibbertyjibbet
Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
✟29,094.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear one, go and listen to some truth if you are having trouble gleaning it from the Bible on your own:

bible-truths.com

you are under attack, but one question you might want to ask yourself is 'Who do i want to STOP listening to? God or satan?'

i have tried to commit suicide a few times... and found out the old adage is true; that a Christian is immortal until God says otherwise... you belong to Christ now, and even if you disavowed Him, He will remain faithful, because He cannot deny Himself... you, dear one, are part of His body.

this may sound odd, but when i wanted to commit suicide super badly, i would try to think of ONE THING that I have wanted to do, but perhaps didn't have the courage to do... and i would start plotting how to get it done... and it helps... it helps because it points you in the direction of choosing to live.

Reactions: JudyH
Upvote 0

meconstant3402

Feb 26, 2014
✟11,932.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Please, please, don't go in that direction. I do that and it hurts. You know we are also little children of Christ especially when we suffer. <staff edit> We must consider ourselves torn from our Parent when we think of death. I love you and I don't want you to die.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0