• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Nemoisherethanks

Apr 1, 2020
Atalanta
✟15,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of my friends, a firm atheist, who i have tried to convert multiple times but always refuses, has committed the unforgivable sin on my behalf. I was trying to convert him, telling him to be a christian, and asked him if he dared to commit the unforgivable sin. I told him i dare you to commit it, and he did. I felt horrible, so after multiple attempts i made him apologize to Jesus. Then i wrote out a apology he should read to God and Jesus Christ, but he refused, even when i begged. Deep inside my inner OCD wanted him to say it because he was an atheist and said he would never in his life believe in god, even after i told him. He said f the holy spirit and god, but never compared Jesus to the devil luckily.

His apology was ''Please Jesus forgive me for my sin''
I made a more detailed apology for him and prayed that i would be forgiven. It was his choice to say it though.

In some websites i see that non believers cant commit the unforgivable sin. I am afraid that now that he said it after i supposedly dared him, i will go to hell with him. I pray to Lord everyday and apologize for all my sins. I love Jesus Christ, God and the Holy Spirit, but i feel like me religious OCD is telling me im going straight to hell.

I told him that it was an unforgivable sin and he would go to hell but he still did it. My OCD is telling me its all my fault and i am so guilty and feel as though i have committed the unforgivable sin myself. I asked for forgiveness for me and my friend. Im extremely stressed right now, so please somebody answer. God bless

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
One of my friends, a firm atheist, who i have tried to convert multiple times but always refuses, has committed the unforgivable sin on my behalf. I was trying to convert him, telling him to be a christian, and asked him if he dared to commit the unforgivable sin. I told him i dare you to commit it, and he did. I felt horrible, so after multiple attempts i made him apologize to Jesus. Then i wrote out a apology he should read to God and Jesus Christ, but he refused, even when i begged. Deep inside my inner OCD wanted him to say it because he was an atheist and said he would never in his life believe in god, even after i told him.

In some websites i see that non believers cant commit the unforgivable sin. I am afraid that now that he said it after i supposedly dared him, i will go to hell with him. I pray to Lord everyday and apologize for all my sins. I love Jesus Christ, God and the Holy Spirit, but i feel like me religious OCD is telling me im going straight to hell.

I told him that it was an unforgivable sin and he would go to hell but he still did it. My OCD is telling me its all my fault and i am so guilty and feel as though i have committed the unforgivable sin myself. I asked for forgiveness for me and my friend. Im extremely stressed right now, so please somebody answer. God bless
You should immediately stop trying to convert people.

You must first convert yourself, get rid off silly arguments and get your theology and thoughts straight.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi; we are responsible for our actions; I don't understand any idea of someone else committing sins on my behalf.

Romans 8 is a very helpful, assuring chapter for the believer.

As regards testimony to others, a quiet, consistent life lived before others can speak more loudly that a lot of words, in some circumstances.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Your friend is not outside the reach of God, and neither are you. Tell the tormenting thoughts to take a hike. They have nothing to do with the love or redemptive power of God.

Upvote 0

Tania11

Jan 30, 2020
la jolla
✟27,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hope This will help you.
  • Repentance is a spiritual gift. (See Acts 5:31, Acts 11:18, and 2 Timothy 2:25)
  • If you feel remorse for your sins and a desire to change, you are obviously not disconnected from the Holy Spirit; and if you are not disconnected, you cannot possibly have committed the unforgivable sin.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hope This will help you.
  • Repentance is a spiritual gift. (See Acts 5:31, Acts 11:18, and 2 Timothy 2:25)
  • If you feel remorse for your sins and a desire to change, you are obviously not disconnected from the Holy Spirit; and if you are not disconnected, you cannot possibly have committed the unforgivable sin.
Good to know that prayer and the Scriptures are always a resource for those who are exercised in them.

Upvote 0

Leet

Feb 24, 2015
✟77,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well that was a weird thing to do ay. I feel like maybe you were desperate to get rid of these obsessive thoughts so you foisted them onto a non-believer to enact your fears by proxy. Is that the case? Whatever reason, both of you are not struck off from God's love and grace! I agree with solid_core that this isn't the time for you to try and witness etc. You're in a confused, scared place. Look to any long time strong Christians in your life who can mentor and pray for you. Listen to worship music and ask God to breathe truth into your soul. And fear not.

Upvote 0

Hopeful37

Mar 20, 2020
Somewhere
✟49,318.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 18:6, it’s evident that causing a little one who trusts in Jesus to fall away warrants severe condemnation. Would this count, as my friend was not a believer in the first place, therefore he didn't fall away.
I understand what u mean by this. I was a friend of a homosexual who was totally convinced God made him that way. I told him that if God could heal a blind man he could certainly heal him and that he needed to read the word of God to hear the Holy Spirit accurately. I felt condemned for saying those things to him because I felt that I condemned him by saying those things. I didn't say it to condemn him. I said it because I truly cared.

Upvote 0