Region
✟15,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the responses. I'm trying to figure out how to send PMs and stuff here so bear with me while I learn.
What makes you question entrance into heaven after you pass from this life?
Because I don't know a lot about these things. I want to go to Heaven. I'd like to know if I'm going there.

What do you think heaven is?
I guess Heaven is whatever the Bible says it is. I think it's the supernatural place where God and the angles are. Whenever the Bible says stuff like 'everlasting life' or 'eternal life' or 'paradise', I guess it's referring to Heaven? It ain't Hell, I know that. I don't want to go to Hell.

Sorry again if I sound dumb.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the responses. I'm trying to figure out how to send PMs and stuff here so bear with me while I learn.

Because I don't know a lot about these things. I want to go to Heaven. I'd like to know if I'm going there.

I guess Heaven is whatever the Bible says it is. I think it's the supernatural place where God and the angles are. Whenever the Bible says stuff like 'everlasting life' or 'eternal life' or 'paradise', I guess it's referring to Heaven? It ain't Hell, I know that. I don't want to go to Hell.

Sorry again if I sound dumb.

Well, fear of hell is a motivator I'm sure, but what I think is more important is that you know and desire God, for the sake of who God is..

Would you get married to just anyone because you were scared of being single and living on your own? Or would you marry only for love?

I love my God and my Savior.. but to get there I had to first get to know Him, and decide whether He was worthy of worship... from there, I had to understand why I even needed a savior.. Then, I could decide whether I actually wanted to go to heaven, in God's presence for eternity.

Have you read any of the Bible? Spoken about Jesus to any Pastor's? Read any Books?

I'll see if I can find some for you.. gi be me a bit..

Upvote 0

ohce

Nov 29, 2018
Region
✟15,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Would you get married to just anyone because you were scared of being single and living on your own?
Hmmm. Yes, I suppose I could imagine a few scenarios where I might do that, but it would not be ideal. I'd of course rather marry for better reasons though.
Or would you marry only for love?
I got married to someone I fell in love with. But you said 'only' for love, and so to be honest with you here, I'm sure given certain, and maybe odd circumstances, I might find myself married to someone that I wasn't in love with. But I'm happily married to someone I do love.
Have you read any of the Bible?
Little bits. I apologize that I am not up to speed on it all. I know that's important and everything. I can only recite maybe 3 Bible verses like John 3:16 and such.
Spoken about Jesus to any Pastor's?
Sort of.
Read any Books?
Well I don't really enjoy reading. Haven't read a book in years. I used to read a book here and there when I was much younger. Sorry, I'm sure I sound stupid and lazy but that's the truth. Please don't tell me that getting into Heaven requires that I read the whole Bible or something. I'd like to start reading the Bible and learn a lot of verses but I've never gotten around to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm. Yes, I suppose I could imagine a few scenarios where I might do that, but it would not be ideal. I'd of course rather marry for better reasons though.

I got married to someone I fell in love with. But you said 'only' for love, and so to be honest with you here, I'm sure given certain, and maybe odd circumstances, I might find myself married to someone that I wasn't in love with. But I'm happily married to someone I do love.

Little bits. I apologize that I am not up to speed on it all. I know that's important and everything. I can only recite maybe 3 Bible verses like John 3:16 and such.

Sort of.

Well I don't really enjoy reading. Haven't read a book in years. I used to read a book here and there when I was much younger. Sorry, I'm sure I sound stupid and lazy but that's the truth. Please don't tell me that getting into Heaven requires that I read the whole Bible or something. I'd like to start reading the Bible and learn a lot of verses but I've never gotten around to it.

first your not dumb.. we all start somewhere. No one was born understanding salvation.

You don't have to read the whole Bible, but you do need to understand about Jesus, I would imagine, for belief to occur.. and believing in Jesus, in His Life, Death, and Resurrection is how we become saved.

But certainly there are videos, movies, audible books, that can help you to learn more about Jesus.

Let me dig some up for you, so that you can have a good understanding of salvation. .. :)

• Useful
Reactions: ml5363
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just take your time with these videos, and ask questions as you need.. we are here to help. But I think videos for you are likely best..

Understanding Who Jesus Is

^^ there is a video at this link

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior?

^^ there is a video at this link too

Hopefully these will get you started. I chose to share Dr. Charles Stanley because he is a Baptist preacher, and has lots of resources.

Remember, if you get confused or need more information or have questions, just ask. I just thought some videos would be better than a few short words from me.

But I can easily give you answers too..

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Spoken about Jesus to any Pastor's?
Sort of."

Two suggestions.
1. find a church that teaches and practices the gospel and attend services every Sunday. You know from school that regular attendance is needed if one is to learn.
2. get daily bread or everyday with jesus bile reading notes and start reading every day the 3 or 4 verses as well as the pharagraph of notes on those verses.

A third suggestion is to ignore utube and to download an audio bible so you can listen to it being read to you.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Please feel free to ask me anything you wish in order to help answer my question.

ohce,

I want to ask you 3 questions relating to what you have asked:
  1. If I mention the term Gospel, what do you understand that to mean?
  2. To get into heaven, how should you respond to the Gospel?
  3. What keeps you from entering God's presence here on earth and in heaven?
Just some questions from an Aussie.

Oz

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Will I go to Heaven?

God has a plan of salvation for those who want to go to heaven. What is His plan?

Mankind’s Need of Salvation

What do I need to be saved from?

The wrath of God. (Romans 2:5-6)

Why do I need to be saved?

Your sin has cut you off from God. (Isaiah 59:2) To sin, means to “miss the mark.” The Bible declares, “all have sinned; all fall short of God’s standard.” (Romans 3:23)

What is God’s standard?

To perfectly keep His Law, the Ten Commandments, for your entire life. Keep all of the Law and God will let you enter Heaven. Have you ever:
  • used God’s name as a curse word? _____Yes _____No
  • stolen anything? _____ Yes _____No
  • told a lie? _____Yes _____No
This is just three of the ten. Answer yes to any? Uh-huh! You are guilty of breaking God’s Law. You have sinned. The “wages (penalty) of sin is (physical & spiritual) death.” (Romans 6:23)

If you die, without being saved, you will be eternally separated from God and your loved ones. After death, life does go on, either in Heaven (with God) or in Hell (away from God), depending on your acceptance or rejection of God’s plan of salvation.

God’s Plan of Salvation

The Futility of Human Effort

The Bible teaches that no amount of human goodness, human works, human morality or religious activity can get anyone into Heaven. Being a good person, belonging to a religious family, being baptized, going to church, none of these can save anyone. Everyone still falls short of God’s perfect standard. (Isaiah 64:6, Romans 4:1-5, Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5-7)

The Only Way

Jesus said to him, “I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) me.” (John 14:6)

What must I do to be saved?

1) Realize that you’re are a sinner. (Romans 3:23, 5:12; 1 John 1:10)

2) Change your mind about Jesus (repent).Jesus said:
  • “…unless you repent (have a change of mind that results in a change of action), you will all perish and be lost eternally. (Luke 13:5)
  • …now God charges all people everywhere to repent. (Acts 17:30)
3) Believe the Gospel, that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and rose from the dead.
  • We are made right in God’s sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in the same way, no matter who we are or what we have done. For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God’s anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed His blood, sacrificing His Life for us. (Romans 3:22, 25)
  • For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
4) Go to God in prayer, confessing Jesus as Lord and your need for forgiveness of your sins. Give your life to Jesus, making Him the Lord of your life.
  • For it is believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. (Romans 10:10)
  • For anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.(Romans 10:13)
What should I pray?

Following is an example:

Dear God,
I know I am a sinner. I have broken your Law and deserve to pay the penalty for my sins, which is eternal separation from you. God, I need your forgiveness. I believe that your Son, Jesus the Christ, is Lord of all, that He shed His precious blood as payment for my sins and that, on the third day, You raised Him from the dead. I am willing to turn from sin. Jesus, please come into my heart, to be the Lord and Savior of my life. Live your life through me. In Jesus Christ name, Amen.

If you sincerely prayed this prayer, you are now saved and the newest member of God’s family. But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn! (John 1:12-13)

Your acceptance or rejection of Jesus is the most important decision you will make in this life. It is a matter of eternal life and eternal death.

I accepted God’s plan of salvation, what next?

A good place to start: Bible Truth - New Convert's Class

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
God has a plan of salvation for those who want to go to heaven. What is His plan?

Mankind’s Need of Salvation

What do I need to be saved from?

The wrath of God. (Romans 2:5-6)

Why do I need to be saved?

Your sin has cut you off from God. (Isaiah 59:2) To sin, means to “miss the mark.” The Bible declares, “all have sinned; all fall short of God’s standard.” (Romans 3:23)

What is God’s standard?

To perfectly keep His Law, the Ten Commandments, for your entire life. Keep all of the Law and God will let you enter Heaven. Have you ever:
  • used God’s name as a curse word? _____Yes _____No
  • stolen anything? _____ Yes _____No
  • told a lie? _____Yes _____No
This is just three of the ten. Answer yes to any? Uh-huh! You are guilty of breaking God’s Law. You have sinned. The “wages (penalty) of sin is (physical & spiritual) death.” (Romans 6:23)

If you die, without being saved, you will be eternally separated from God and your loved ones. After death, life does go on, either in Heaven (with God) or in Hell (away from God), depending on your acceptance or rejection of God’s plan of salvation.

God’s Plan of Salvation

The Futility of Human Effort

The Bible teaches that no amount of human goodness, human works, human morality or religious activity can get anyone into Heaven. Being a good person, belonging to a religious family, being baptized, going to church, none of these can save anyone. Everyone still falls short of God’s perfect standard. (Isaiah 64:6, Romans 4:1-5, Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:5-7)

The Only Way

Jesus said to him, “I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) me.” (John 14:6)

What must I do to be saved?

1) Realize that you’re are a sinner. (Romans 3:23, 5:12; 1 John 1:10)

2) Change your mind about Jesus (repent).Jesus said:
  • “…unless you repent (have a change of mind that results in a change of action), you will all perish and be lost eternally. (Luke 13:5)
  • …now God charges all people everywhere to repent. (Acts 17:30)
3) Believe the Gospel, that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and rose from the dead.
  • We are made right in God’s sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in the same way, no matter who we are or what we have done. For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God’s anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed His blood, sacrificing His Life for us. (Romans 3:22, 25)
  • For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
4) Go to God in prayer, confessing Jesus as Lord and your need for forgiveness of your sins. Give your life to Jesus, making Him the Lord of your life.
  • For it is believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. (Romans 10:10)
  • For anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.(Romans 10:13)
What should I pray?

Following is an example:

Dear God,
I know I am a sinner. I have broken your Law and deserve to pay the penalty for my sins, which is eternal separation from you. God, I need your forgiveness. I believe that your Son, Jesus the Christ, is Lord of all, that He shed His precious blood as payment for my sins and that, on the third day, You raised Him from the dead. I am willing to turn from sin. Jesus, please come into my heart, to be the Lord and Savior of my life. Live your life through me. In Jesus Christ name, Amen.

If you sincerely prayed this prayer, you are now saved and the newest member of God’s family. But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn! (John 1:12-13)

Your acceptance or rejection of Jesus is the most important decision you will make in this life. It is a matter of eternal life and eternal death.

I accepted God’s plan of salvation, what next?

A good place to start: Bible Truth - New Convert's Class
I have the impression that people who ask the question "Will I go to heaven?" have not yet come to believe the gospel. There's an absence of hope, a hope which should be characteristic of those who have come to trust in Christ. But perhaps that fact is something they need to know to come to realize what it means to trust in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ohce

Nov 29, 2018
Region
✟15,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone. I apologize for the lack of activity. I've been thinking about coming back here to answer questions and whatnot, the holidays are overwith and today has been slow, so I'm back.
ohce,

I want to ask you 3 questions relating to what you have asked:
  1. If I mention the term Gospel, what do you understand that to mean?
  2. To get into heaven, how should you respond to the Gospel?
  3. What keeps you from entering God's presence here on earth and in heaven?
Just some questions from an Aussie.

Oz
1. That word means 'good news' in Greek or Latin, doesn't it?
2. This one's a bit confusing because it seems there is a premise within the question that is causing conflict. I was immediately tempted to give a particular answer to this question, but I've decided not to answer that way for some reason. I suppose that I believe a person is saved by grace, rather than achieving salvation by their own actions. I guess I view it like a child being adopted by loving, adoptive parents; the child doesn't contribute to the adoption other than being what they happen to be... an orphan that needs to be adopted. I heard a pastor once quote some other pastor by describing a question asked in a conversation with someone. The person asked something like, "What did you do to get saved?", and the pastor's answer was, "sin". The pastor said that, in regards to salvation, all he could bring to the table was sin, while Jesus brought the redemptive work of the Cross. The point was supposed to be that there is nothing a person can do, or has to offer in exchange for salvation; it is the free grace of God that saves. I don't think I did a very good job with this question, but from what Bible reading that I have done in the past, that seems to be the way it goes; saved by the grace of God.
3. The Bible says that God is everywhere, or so I thought. That would mean that nothing keeps anyone from His presence, right? Like asking someone, "Where do you hide from God?" because you obviously can't. Maybe you mean something different than how I read it. Can you clarify or expand this one for me?

Please keep the questions coming. If I missed any in the thread, let me know. Thanks so much everyone!

• Informative
Reactions: 2win
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone. I apologize for the lack of activity. I've been thinking about coming back here to answer questions and whatnot, the holidays are overwith and today has been slow, so I'm back.

1. That word means 'good news' in Greek or Latin, doesn't it?
2. This one's a bit confusing because it seems there is a premise within the question that is causing conflict. I was immediately tempted to give a particular answer to this question, but I've decided not to answer that way for some reason. I suppose that I believe a person is saved by grace, rather than achieving salvation by their own actions. I guess I view it like a child being adopted by loving, adoptive parents; the child doesn't contribute to the adoption other than being what they happen to be... an orphan that needs to be adopted. I heard a pastor once quote some other pastor by describing a question asked in a conversation with someone. The person asked something like, "What did you do to get saved?", and the pastor's answer was, "sin". The pastor said that, in regards to salvation, all he could bring to the table was sin, while Jesus brought the redemptive work of the Cross. The point was supposed to be that there is nothing a person can do, or has to offer in exchange for salvation; it is the free grace of God that saves. I don't think I did a very good job with this question, but from what Bible reading that I have done in the past, that seems to be the way it goes; saved by the grace of God.
3. The Bible says that God is everywhere, or so I thought. That would mean that nothing keeps anyone from His presence, right? Like asking someone, "Where do you hide from God?" because you obviously can't. Maybe you mean something different than how I read it. Can you clarify or expand this one for me?

Please keep the questions coming. If I missed any in the thread, let me know. Thanks so much everyone!

Hello, I apologize for the slow response myself but I've not been here in a couple days.

So let me begin with a simple thought or two.

The Bible in its entirety, from beginning to end is the story of God's relationship with His people.

The Gospel is the Good News. It's the Good News that the Messiah has come, and that the Old Covanent between God and His people has come to a close. That is the message making it good news indeed. The time of the New Covenant is now.

The Book is divided into two main sections; that of the "Old Covanent" and that of the "New Covenant". Testament just means covanent, it's the translation to English that ended with New and Old Testament instead of covanent, but the two words are essentially the same, legalese for how God chooses to deal with His people.

The Old Covanent was training for the New, it showed us that we needed a path of reconciliation that only God could provide, showing us our own efforts would never ever be enough due to our fallen nature. The New Covenant is the restored relationship between God and us. This was prophesied of time and time again during the period under the Old Covanent, so we see it as a restored relationship God's people looked forward to for quite some time..

We see in Jeremiah 31:31-34

"The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

And so the New Testament (Covenant) is the story, now seen in hindsight, of the time the Messiah came and gave to us that New Covenant.

In Luke 22:20 Jesus says, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood” (ESV).

The New Covenant is also mentioned in Ezekiel 36:26-27 and is the manner in which God deals with His people today.

The Bible says belief in Jesus our Messiah raised bodily from the dead and confession with your tongue of His Lordship is our part in salvation, although that belief is as a gift from God, and not a matter of our doing something which earns our salvation. Romans 10:9

If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

But there are of two types of beliefs the Bible speaks of.

James 2:19 You believe that God is one. You are doing well! Even the demons believe that, and shudder!

So we see there is a belief that leads to salvation, and one type of belief anyone can have, even those who don't belong in the category of God's own people.

There are three essential components of saving faith: notitia, assensus, and fiducia. Meaning knowledge of the content of our faith (Jesus the Christ) is 1, belief that the content is true is 2, and then the entrusting of our selves into the Hands of Christ, 3, must all be present for our justification (salvation) to occur. (Ligonier Ministries link to further understand the concept). It's something on a deeper level than just intellectual assent to potential facts.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0

ohce

Nov 29, 2018
Region
✟15,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for the delay getting back here; quite the busy season, it's been.

Have you been reborn in Spirit?
I'm not sure. Please let me know how to determine this. If there are any particular questions that you are able to ask, that would reveal the answer in me, please continue to ask me anything you wish. I will be as honest as I know how.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry for the delay getting back here; quite the busy season, it's been.

I'm not sure. Please let me know how to determine this. If there are any particular questions that you are able to ask, that would reveal the answer in me, please continue to ask me anything you wish. I will be as honest as I know how.

Scripture tells us to test ourselves:

2 Cor 13:

5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test? 6 And I trust that you will discover that we have not failed the test. 7 Now we pray to God that you will not do anything wrong—not so that people will see that we have stood the test but so that you will do what is right even though we may seem to have failed.

Gal 5:

18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Upvote 0