• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Will I ever escape!

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Like most nights I'm lying in bed desperately wishing somehow my life would change or that even I'd be so sick that I'd never gave to see a call center or another terrible job again.

I've been suffering with a feeling like I can't breathe most likely bronchitis developed from my last call center job anyway. Tomorrow I have to go to the doctor and spend more money I don't have. To fix something my job probably caused.

At this point in my life even though I'm only 26 life feels over and pointless. I'm constantly on here wishing someone had an answer to end my suffering.
I'm sure people think it can't be that bad but for me I feel like I've literally died and gone to the lake of fire because I'm in prison.

Everyday my life belongs to my employer and co-workers who hate my guts and laugh and talk behind my back. That's all this life is wake up and go to work and wish for death. I'm sure all my work is making a CEO rich, sure he will live every minute of his life while mine is lived in a cubicle. Everyplace is hostile when its nothing but strangers that hate me, rules that oppress me, and a job that drains all my time, and steals my youth and creativity. Then taxes come in and Rob me of all my hard work. I hate this life. Nothing will ever mask the fact that this life is terrible. No good times with family, no hobbies, friends, every good thing is killed by how much I hate being a wage slave. With a job I will always be poor. I want to just disappear. I don't want to be trapped in this life forever.

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Like most nights I'm lying in bed desperately wishing somehow my life would change or that even I'd be so sick that I'd never gave to see a call center or another terrible job again.

I've been suffering with a feeling like I can't breathe most likely bronchitis developed from my last call center job anyway. Tomorrow I have to go to the doctor and spend more money I don't have. To fix something my job probably caused.

At this point in my life even though I'm only 26 life feels over and pointless. I'm constantly on here wishing someone had an answer to end my suffering.
I'm sure people think it can't be that bad but for me I feel like I've literally died and gone to the lake of fire because I'm in prison.

Everyday my life belongs to my employer and co-workers who hate my guts and laugh and talk behind my back. That's all this life is wake up and go to work and wish for death. I'm sure all my work is making a CEO rich, sure he will live every minute of his life while mine is lived in a cubicle. Everyplace is hostile when its nothing but strangers that hate me, rules that oppress me, and a job that drains all my time, and steals my youth and creativity. Then taxes come in and Rob me of all my hard work. I hate this life. Nothing will ever mask the fact that this life is terrible. No good times with family, no hobbies, friends, every good thing is killed by how much I hate being a wage slave. With a job I will always be poor. I want to just disappear. I don't want to be trapped in this life forever.
Hang in there my friend. I've been praying for you. Try and stay focused on the Lord, and His grace will begin to alter you. You can always try a better job, if that helps. God bless :).

Upvote 0

r4.h

Feb 11, 2018
Hamilton
✟13,310.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Everyday my life belongs to my employer and co-workers who hate my guts and laugh and talk behind my back. That's all this life is wake up and go to work and wish for death. I'm sure all my work is making a CEO rich, sure he will live every minute of his life while mine is lived in a cubicle. Everyplace is hostile when its nothing but strangers that hate me, rules that oppress me, and a job that drains all my time, and steals my youth and creativity. Then taxes come in and Rob me of all my hard work. I
hate this life. Nothing will ever mask the fact that this life is terrible. No good times with family, no hobbies, friends, every good thing is killed by how much I hate being a wage slave. With a job I will always be poor. I want to just disappear. I don't want to be trapped in this life forever.

Yes you will escape, everything, and i mean everything lasts only for a season. Childhood, Teen yrs, etc etc, everything finishes and something else begins. When i found myself divorced and having to live without my children and having to drive 100kms each way every other weekend to have them for the weekend, using all my spare money, i felt it was forever. But eventually my children reached the age to get jobs and move to my town, and now i am a grandfather x 2.
I went through about 10 yrs of depression too, but now that too is 99% gone. Try to think back to other people you may have seen battling with something, I tell you if they didnt give in to suicide or drugs etc, they will be facing another season.
When i was 28 i found my life very bland and almost torturous. I swore within myself that if something did not change i would do something drastic, i didnt know what but it was like i would explode.
Within 6 mths i found myself divorced, i had found Jesus and my 2 best friends were dead. So i would say be careful what you threaten or get angry about. Rather try to see things to see the good instead of the bad. Especially learn to smile to yourself, and say "Satan your a loser, you almost had me fooled i could be imprisoned", "My God rules the universe and will not leave me here" Jer 29:11

Upvote 0

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Everyday my life belongs to my employer and co-workers who hate my guts and laugh and talk behind my back.
The world is full of mockers thats why God will destroy this world and make a new one for His saints, be patience and pray for people !
Thats the least you can do for God.

Many people are unfortunate and need job.

You have been able to feed yourself with the job, thank God for that.
Many people end up like the poor Lazarus begging in front of the Rich Man's gate, most people ignore them.

Be brave man ! like these little boys ! These boys are too young to work, they should be playing instead, they are not able to use their muscle yet but thats life and they hv to do that to help themselves and family.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See the job is to let go of the bad life hurting you within, not without! When the bad life within is gone life outside will not be bad again but just life and something good will come out of it. It is your hate for life that paralysis you but it could also propel you forward if you went about it differently.

The job is to keep the bad life out and to find His good life rescuing you from bad life. Once you done that your bad job will be over and you will be able to move on.

anti-depressants may help you have more positive thoughts and feelings as well but the real problem lays within not without it seems to me.

Please bring your bad life to Jesus and let Him make it over instead of it over making you. You can win this battle.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0