Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
The earth is the Lord's and the fullness there of.

Is space God's domain or can man go there too.

I believe we are meant to go to space myself and the scripture. Go forth and multiply. Sums it up.

I think He will let us go there without incident or danger - where ever "there/space" is - once we can naturally survive there. Right now, our domain is on terra Firma up to a certain elevation (read: concentration of air suitable for life, naturally.)

I don't think technological means matter to Him, because one of His plans for us is to be able to exist in maximum quality, naturally. Angels don't need space ships to visit us on this domain (the ones that do, I would venture to say are not angels - they ate and transsubstantiated as humans to naturally survive here.) Christ doesn't need technology to go to whatever dimension it is that is "the right hand of God," or to come down here - and the dimensions in between. He, and the angels have natural mechanisms for which to transsubstantiated to naturally accommodate their environment and dimensional plane of existence.

And, there is the issue of energy. Angels have an infinite power source - God. They have the resources to survive between dimensions naturally. Demons, fallen angels, principalities and powers, and humans are all entities that lost that "on tap" resource, so these entities have to gather energy from other places in order to survive travel beyond/outside our known domain.

Until Resurrection, I would venture to say God does NOT want us reaching for the "stars," especially when we don't have our own domain in order. I don't think the Tower of Babel was about space travel - more like literal interdimensional travel to "heavens," "hells," and in between. We aren't the most advanced civilization that has existed on this planet; this question has been asked before.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The earth is the Lord's and the fullness there of.Is space God's domain or can man go there too.I believe we are meant to go to space myself and the scripture. Go forth and multiply. Sums it up.

I make mistakes and forget to lock the door on occasion.
Do you trust living with me in space? I've known other
people to make mistakes as well. So it is not safe for me
to be alone or with other people either in space.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I make mistakes and forget to lock the door on occasion.
Do you trust living with me in space? I've known other
people to make mistakes as well. So it is not safe for me
to be alone or with other people either in space.

We would make terrible space partners. Sometimes I lose my keys, and I've been known to go places only to discover that I forgot my wallet at home.

...I usually try to blame someone else, so with you and I in space, it would always be your fault. :)

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

I believe we are meant to go to space myself and the scripture. Go forth and multiply. Sums it up.
Humans already went to space.
Maybe you should read up on what NASA, ESA, etc has been doing the past 60 year.

Heck, there are people in space right now.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Humans already went to space.
Maybe you should read up on what NASA, ESA, etc has been doing the past 60 year.

Heck, there are people in space right now.

Well it kind of depends on how you define the edge of the earth's atmosphere...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We would make terrible space partners. Sometimes I lose my keys, and I've been known to go places only to discover that I forgot my wallet at home.

...I usually try to blame someone else, so with you and I in space, it would always be your fault. :)

The trouble is, in space, accidents usually only happen one time.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We've taken people as far as the moon and our probes have visited all the planets and many moons and have even ventured into interstellar space.

But there's likey 100 support people for each person in space.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The trouble is, in space, accidents usually only happen one time.

So someone like Lucy Ricardo would be really bad choice to take into space then.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Since OP hasn't clarified, I see two possibilities here:
  1. He wants to build space stations and/or find other habitable planets so that we have resources to support as many humans as possible.
  2. He wants to preach to aliens.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So someone like Lucy Ricardo would be really bad choice to take into space then.

And then there are terrorists. Keeping the groups small will minimize the loss of life.
It's not like a car, where you can survive a mistake. Trapped or thrown clear.
I just watched the last Star Trek movie, and they believed they were helping someone,
but it was a trap and at least half the crew was sucked into space during an attack.

Star+Trek+Into+Darkness+Bad+Robot+international+trailer+hull+breach+4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Will GOD let us reach space
Yes, when we evolve from mortals to immortals:

For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality...then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory." -- (1 Corinthians 15:53-54)

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where did this concept of space come from? It came from lazy aristocrats (modern day $cientists) leaching of the hard working people, that's how it has worked for centuries.

There is no space. There is a firmament.

We need to go back to Science 101. No more "theoretical" string theory garbage. It must be observable, testable, and repeatable. Gravity can be measured but nobody can prove where it comes from. Space time warp rubbish cannot explain gravity because it cannot be observed, tested, or repeated. Space time warp causing gravity theory is a religious theory. It would be the equivalent of a village medicine man curing cancer.

• Haha
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2016
Somewhere or Another
✟10,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

We've explored (either with probes or, in the case of our planet's moon, actual human beings) every planet or major moon in our solar system in a part of our history that is barely a sliver. It's pretty clear that if there is a god, it wants us to reach out and explore what it created.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We've explored (either with probes or, in the case of our planet's moon, actual human beings) every planet or major moon in our solar system in a part of our history that is barely a sliver. It's pretty clear that if there is a god, it wants us to reach out and explore what it created.

Are you sure about space?
Why would he place other star systems so far from us and create so many obstacles if that were true?

Upvote 0