• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Jeremy444777

Aug 6, 2018
New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I suffer from pretty severe OCD (and possible Tourette's) and it makes the simple things in my life hard. I get a lot of blasphemous thoughts about Jesus and other thoughts that I do not want because of my OCD. I get nervous because of these thoughts, but I get burned out asking God to forgive me over and over throughout the day because of these obsessive thoughts. Will Jesus have mercy on me? I want Jesus in my life. Thank you

• Prayers
Reactions: lamb7

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi, I suffer from pretty severe OCD (and possible Tourette's) and it makes the simple things in my life hard. I get a lot of blasphemous thoughts about Jesus and other thoughts that I do not want because of my OCD. I get nervous because of these thoughts, but I get burned out asking God to forgive me over and over throughout the day because of these obsessive thoughts. Will Jesus have mercy on me? I want Jesus in my life. Thank you

Prayer and faith and the love of God.

Ask God to change you and your thoughts daily, ask him to make you strong.

I have Tourette's and God has changed me also in a lot of ways.

Gear your ticks of thought to more pleasant ones, practice this daily, I dont think bad thoughts at all any more.

I only concentrate on the good and what is for today.

I dont live for tomorrow or even yesterday but I live for now as I exist now.

Only God has the power to change you and your thinking and your Tourette's.

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
You're fine. Whatever thoughts you're having you're obviously not doing intentionally. I think God takes those things into account. Just remember the words of the Lord's Prayer; "forgive us our trespasses, both voluntary and involuntary".

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

If a man has a severe limp, God will not judge him if he is unable to run fast enough to pull someone out of the path of an oncoming car or train. In the same way you will not be judged as would someone who had the normal faculty for applying brakes on the impulses that come along.

Upvote 0

Gell

Redeemed
Site Supporter
May 9, 2018
England
✟56,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
2 Corinthians 4:17-18
For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
Colossians 2:6-7
Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see you've gotten good advice from those who suffer as you do.

I must say that not everyone responds to the same methods.

However, I just want to tell you that God knows your problem and you don't have to ask Him for forgiveness every time you have a bad thought. Most of us do, but YOU don't due to your problem. God knows your problem and has already forgiven you in the morning for all you will do! Just ask Him once in the evening, that would be nice.

I also hope you know that those with OCD sometimes bring this problem to their religious or faith life. It's called scrupulocity. It's a problem for many and has treatments just like OCD does.

I hope you're taking meds and our prayers are with you.
The most important thing to remember is that God loves you and you ARE a child of God.

When I feel unsure, I always read
Luke 15:11-32
Yes, §God loves you that much and is always waiting for you with open arms.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,430.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Jeremy

Firstly - welcome to CF - and I hope you will get a lot of help and support here.

I feel your questions would be better answered if you posted in Christian Advice https://www.christianforums.com/forums/christian-advice.232/ and would strongly suggest you post there . This board is really for a brief introduction by a new poster - introducing themself and stating why they have come here

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RoseyViolet

Aug 7, 2018
Martinez
✟17,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Having Jesus in your life is only a breath away in saying the name of "Jesus" when you need help. He's the friend that sticks closer than a brother. Perhaps committing each and every thought and struggle you face might be a good starting action. God created you, you don't surprise him with who you are and what makes you YOU. You were created uniquely by Him. God sees your heart and knows you intimately. The thing that helped me a ton when I dealt with guilt and anxiety is to first forgive myself and realize I'm not perfect and I will make mistakes. Then when I did do something I wanted help changing, I submitted it to Jesus to help me as well I agreed that I would do what I could but I requested the Lord to do His part and help me in my time of need. What really helped me, since I'm a visual person, is to visualize handing my imperfections and needs over to Him, physically laying it at the feet of Jesus. I hope this can help you too my friend. God is not mad at you and He loves you just the way you are.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2018-8-13_17-16-7.jpeg

Thread has been moved from
Introduce Yourself
to
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
for a better fit and responses.
Carry on.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
GodsGrace101 has great advice! With OCD, your mind purposely sends thoughts that you don't want, just to try to freak you out. So the goal with those thoughts is to NOT anxiously strive to get rid of them, cancel them out, or ask forgiveness for them. In order to train your brain that the thoughts are meaningless, you respond to them as though they are - in short, by doing nothing in response to them. As you persevere in doing this, it slowly reminds your brain that YOU are in control and that you don't have to freak out just because it says to. Consequently, your brain will stop sending as many bothersome thoughts, realizing that you aren't going to react to them. It's weird, but it works. Please feel free to respond on here or pm me if you'd like more info on dealing with OCD.

Upvote 0