Will God admit people who are religious but racist into heaven?

MJohn7

Dec 23, 2013
✟2,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now I DO take part in politics registered to vote soon after turning 18 and post in the politics forum here and I do it A LOT, but it is not that I see one side as honest and the other as not, but feel if you do not vote you have no right to complain and in this society ( or really any society) things do not change if people do not share their voice and one easy way to do that is by voting.

you have no right to complain
Exactly why politics are worldly. We have no right to complain at all, about anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Exactly why politics are worldly.
Do you think God had a hand in getting Obama elected as President, considering this country still appears to have a lot of racism imbedded in it?

10 Pilate therefore saith to Him, `To me dost Thou not speak? hast Thou not known that I have authority to crucify Thee, and I have authority to release Thee?'
11 Jesus answered, "thou wouldest have no authority against Me, if it were not having been given thee from above. Because of this, he who is delivering Me up to thee hath greater sin.'

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟893,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Exactly why politics are worldly.
You have to have some sort of laws and that is how we get them and make policies and electing people to office is how that is done.

Upvote 0

MJohn7

Dec 23, 2013
✟2,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think God had a hand in getting Obama elected as President, considering this country still appears to have a lot of racism imbedded in it?

I dont know, i suppose nothing happens unless God allows it. Im reminded of Jeremiah. He told the Jews to submit to Babylon, not because they were good or holy though, and not to follow the ways of Babylon either. To me politics/worldliness is Babylon. We cant fight them, we must submit to Government, not fight it, but we must also follow only Christ.

Hebrews 13:
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”[a] 6 So we may boldly say:
“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?”[b]

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
He is saying (I think) that blacks have this bad name as having a gangster type culture and he hates that, BUT he does not hate blacks. Kind of like what I said I respect anyone ( no matter their race) who has proven that are trustworthy and have good charcter however I do NOT trust anyone ( no matter their race) who have proven to be of questionable moral charcter. It is just that blacks have that bad name. I was bullied/abused by a black and I have also worked with a black who was very professional and a good employee. I hired her to help me at school she showed up on time let me know when she was not going to be there and made arrangements if that were going to be the case. I have had black instructors who were fair and treated me with respect. The fact that they were black did not bother me because they did their job they did it well and treated all of the students fairly. See it is not the color that matters, but their charcter

Really now? What happened to judging you by you? What happened to judging a person by their character and not the color of their skin?

Upvote 0

MJohn7

Dec 23, 2013
✟2,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Graces of the Heirs of Grace

Titus 3 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Upvote 0

MJohn7

Dec 23, 2013
✟2,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Submit to Government

13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.

Love Your Neighbor

8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. 9 For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,”[a] “You shall not covet,”[b] and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”[c] 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟838,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think some people can be sincere in the Lord, and be racist, and not know they're racist. Growing up in the Southern United States, I've seen a lot of that. My grandmother, for instance, said, "I don't have anything at all against black people. I simply feel that they have their place, and we have ours, and as long as they stay in their place, there's no problem." She also threatened to cut from her will anyone who married a black person. She would not have called herself a racist, because she wasn't openly rude to anyone, and didn't use racial epithets. Was she? Yes. Did she know she was? No.

People who say they don't approve of mixing of the races, that they believe God meant white to marry white, and black to marry black (they don't seem to acknowledge any other but the two races) don't see it as anything wrong. They are ignorant. They are mistaken. They are misapplying Biblical principles, because often they are thinking about how God told His chosen not to marry outside their race. (Deuteronomy 7:3.) They don't understand, God had His reasons at the time for keeping Israel separate from outside influences, not the least of which was false religion, as exemplified by Solomon being led away by his foreign wives. (1 Kings 11:1) It wasn't their nationality that was the problem. It was their false gods. Ruth was perfectly welcome, even as a Moabitess, because she accepted the God of Israel.

So, my opinion is that it all comes down to intention. If a person is a blatant racist because of hate, no, I can't reconcile that idea with them being saved. Love is part of the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23), and the sign that we have eternal life. (1 John 3:4). If a person is a subtle racist through not knowing better, I think God can work with that.

Daughter just brought up an interesting point, that ties into some of the discussion here. She says she is not a racist, but she is a culturalist. Her word. She doesn't have an issue with anybody for being whatever race they are, but she detests the hip hop culture, which by the way, she doesn't even see as a black thing.

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think some people can be sincere in the Lord, and be racist, and not know they're racist. Growing up in the Southern United States, I've seen a lot of that. My grandmother, for instance, said, "I don't have anything at all against black people. I simply feel that they have their place, and we have ours, and as long as they stay in their place, there's no problem." She also threatened to cut from her will anyone who married a black person. She would not have called herself a racist, because she wasn't openly rude to anyone, and didn't use racial epithets. Was she? Yes. Did she know she was? No.

People who say they don't approve of mixing of the races, that they believe God meant white to marry white, and black to marry black (they don't seem to acknowledge any other but the two races) don't see it as anything wrong. They are ignorant. They are mistaken. They are misapplying Biblical principles, because often they are thinking about how God told His chosen not to marry outside their race. (Deuteronomy 7:3.) They don't understand, God had His reasons at the time for keeping Israel separate from outside influences, not the least of which was false religion, as exemplified by Solomon being led away by his foreign wives. (1 Kings 11:1) It wasn't their nationality that was the problem. It was their false gods. Ruth was perfectly welcome, even as a Moabitess, because she accepted the God of Israel.

So, my opinion is that it all comes down to intention. If a person is a blatant racist because of hate, no, I can't reconcile that idea with them being saved. Love is part of the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23), and the sign that we have eternal life. (1 John 3:4). If a person is a subtle racist through not knowing better, I think God can work with that.

Daughter just brought up an interesting point, that ties into some of the discussion here. She says she is not a racist, but she is a culturalist. Her word. She doesn't have an issue with anybody for being whatever race they are, but she detests the hip hop culture, which by the way, she doesn't even see as a black thing.

How can someone be sincere in the LORD and hate their neighbor at the same time? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Can one serve God and the devil at the same time?

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I agree. I remember I used to have a bad feeling about blacks, not all, but the male ones and had the idea that they were all lustful idiots. Had a bad experience with one, that was the reason. I had to forgive him and get healed emotionally, since then I think normal about them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
D

dies-l

How can someone be sincere in the LORD and hate their neighbor at the same time? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Can one serve God and the devil at the same time?

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:34-35

Yet, we all still continue to sin (including the sin of hate). When you meet a Christian who has achieved moral perfection on this side of the grave, let me know. Until then, I have to believe that we all hate someone, even as we try to allow Jesus to remove that hatred from us.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Yet, we all still continue to sin (including the sin of hate). When you meet a Christian who has achieved moral perfection on this side of the grave, let me know. Until then, I have to believe that we all hate someone, even as we try to allow Jesus to remove that hatred from us.
I guess that hinges on one's definition of love and hate.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

10 Pilate therefore saith to Him, `To me dost Thou not speak? hast Thou not known that I have authority to crucify Thee, and I have authority to release Thee?'
11 Jesus answered, "thou wouldest have no authority against Me, if it were not having been given thee from above. Because of this, he who is delivering Me up to thee hath greater sin.'

I think we got our just deserts.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yes, sometimes we don't even know it's there. I found out I had a lot of hate and bitterness and unforgiveness in my heart last year while I thought I had forgiven my ex. It's a process. He won't send us to hell if we're not there yet. I wasn't wilfully hating him, the time I did that I fell off my faith.
Hate is gone now by the way, feels great.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MJohn7

Dec 23, 2013
✟2,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So is it God's will the righteous are to be ruled by the wicked?

Lets follow the Lord and his apostles example, they didnt get involved in politics, they preached a kingdom and faith in Christ, and a love for the Kingdom, but not faith in politicians and love for the world.

Sheep to the slaughter.

Romans 8

New King James Version (NKJV)

Free from Indwelling Sin

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
Sonship Through the Spirit

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.
From Suffering to Glory

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us[b] with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
God’s Everlasting Love

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”[c]

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0

MJohn7

Dec 23, 2013
✟2,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Put Not Your Trust in Princes

146 Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord, O my soul!
2 I will praise the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.

3 Put not your trust in princes,
in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.
4 When his breath departs, he returns to the earth;
on that very day his plans perish.

5 Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 who made heaven and earth,
the sea, and all that is in them,
who keeps faith forever;
7 who executes justice for the oppressed,
who gives food to the hungry.

The Lord sets the prisoners free;
8 the Lord opens the eyes of the blind.
The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down;
the Lord loves the righteous.
9 The Lord watches over the sojourners;
he upholds the widow and the fatherless,
but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin.

10 The Lord will reign forever,
your God, O Zion, to all generations.
Praise the Lord!

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

1. Do you think someone who hates others without repentance is a Christian?

2. Do you think someone who claims to have repented but continues to hate others is a Christian?

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes, sometimes we don't even know it's there. I found out I had a lot of hate and bitterness and unforgiveness in my heart last year while I thought I had forgiven my ex. It's a process. He won't send us to hell if we're not there yet. I wasn't wilfully hating him, the time I did that I fell off my faith.
Hate is gone now by the way, feels great.

Congratulations on letting go of the anger and hatred! I understand it's difficult sometimes, but with Christ all things are possible to those who believe.

Keep the faith and continue in your walk of love. May the LORD keep you safe from the evil one.:prayer:

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,449,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Religion won't get you into Heaven. There are plenty of religious people who are just as lost as non-religious people.

The question is, are they born again?

Can a person be born again and struggle with the sin of racism? Yes. It's a Christian concept called simul justus et peccator.

The question is, what is his attitude and relationship to his racism? Is he repentant and warring against it? Or is he willfully and deliberately perusing it?

BINGO.

Upvote 0