Will formal charges be placed against Mitt Romney?

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-impeachment-trial/ar-BBZpR9a?ocid=spartandhp

First, the President had chocolate cake - then he had two scoops of ice cream, now Republican Senators are drinking chocolate milk

The Horror's, the audacity! When will this end?

Thank God MSN caught this and not what's happening outside of this horrible horrible act.

Note: This is sarcasm to stress a point of how petty the news has become. Humor if you will.

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mitt Romney violated Senate rules by drinking chocolate milk out of a bottle during the impeachment trial

First, the President had chocolate cake - then he had two scoops of ice cream, now Republican Senators are drinking chocolate milk

Thank God MSN caught this and not what's happening outside of this horrible horrible act.

Note: This is sarcasm to stress a point of how petty the news has become. Humor if you will.

Maybe Romney is color blind or something, thus mistakenly took chocolate for white. I wonder if he is also taste blind as well?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Partisanship aside... I think if I were a United State Senator sitting through multiple hours of impeachment trial and somebody tried to give me a hard time for drinking from an unapproved container, I would suggest some creative places into which they could insert said container. I might even offer to assist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mitt Romney violated Senate rules by drinking chocolate milk out of a bottle during the impeachment trial

This has nothing to do with the "liberal media," as it was reported in Business Insider and the Wall Street Journal.

It is also worth noting the issue wasn't the milk but rather the container, and the fact that a Senate staffer chided Romney for the violation of Senate Impeachment rules -- once Sen. Romney put the milk into the glass it was fine.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Wow. The REPUBLICANS made the rules for the Senate Impeachment. It is funny when they can’t even follow their own rules that they forced on everyone. It must be really hard for Republicans to follow rules, especially the ones they make.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I can't believe no one else is seeing what I'm seeing here. Do you guys honestly think Mitt Romney was just drinking chocolate milk? The guy is lactose intolerant. Everything he did that was reported by the media was a calculated message to the public about what Mitt knows and what he intends to do....

Mitt knows the rules, and so does Trump. Mitt broke the rules in front of everyone...to signal that Trump broke the rules in front of everyone. What is he drinking? Chocolate milk. How do you make chocolate milk? You take some regular white milk and add chocolate. Trump took some regular white Ukranian guys (Parnas) and used them as intermediaries to sweeten his deal with the Ukraine.

Coincidence? I think not....

Then you gotta look at what the chocolate milk was contained in....a bottle. Mitt is trying to show everyone that he's going to shake things up...that he's kept the info bottled up for too long.

What happened when Mitt was caught? He switched to a glass. That's because glass is transparent....and Mitt wants transparency during these proceedings.

Now...does anyone still believe this was all about drinking a refreshing beverage?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I can't believe no one else is seeing what I'm seeing here. Do you guys honestly think Mitt Romney was just drinking chocolate milk? The guy is lactose intolerant. Everything he did that was reported by the media was a calculated message to the public about what Mitt knows and what he intends to do....

Mitt knows the rules, and so does Trump. Mitt broke the rules in front of everyone...to signal that Trump broke the rules in front of everyone. What is he drinking? Chocolate milk. How do you make chocolate milk? You take some regular white milk and add chocolate. Trump took some regular white Ukranian guys (Parnas) and used them as intermediaries to sweeten his deal with the Ukraine.

Then you gotta look at what the chocolate milk was contained in....a bottle. Mitt is trying to show everyone that he's going to shake things up...that he's kept the info bottled up for too long.

What happened when Mitt was caught? He switched to a glass. That's because glass transparent....and Mitt wants transparency during these proceedings.

Now...does anyone still believe this was all about drinking a refreshing beverage?

giphy.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

What happened when Mitt was caught? He switched to a glass. That's because glass transparent....and Mitt wants transparency during these proceedings.

This is astonishingly good. Well done.^_^

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe Romney is color blind or something, thus mistakenly took chocolate for white. I wonder if he is also taste blind as well?

Hope you don't teach your kids that.
M

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

ugh... Why can't I place what movie this is from?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This has nothing to do with the "liberal media," as it was reported in Business Insider and the Wall Street Journal.

It is also worth noting the issue wasn't the milk but rather the container, and the fact that a Senate staffer chided Romney for the violation of Senate Impeachment rules -- once Sen. Romney put the milk into the glass it was fine.

my link was from msn. As liberal as it gets.

Wow. The REPUBLICANS made the rules for the Senate Impeachment. It is funny when they can’t even follow their own rules that they forced on everyone. It must be really hard for Republicans to follow rules, especially the ones they make.

yeah boy, drinking chocolate milk out of a plastic bottle. I’ll bet if he got searched you would find cookies.

despicable

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

yeah boy, drinking chocolate milk out of a plastic bottle. I’ll bet if he got searched you would find cookies.

despicable
So, many news outlet had this story too. Not just the liberal news outlet. Not that this really matters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
So, many news outlet had this story too. Not just the liberal news outlet. Not that this really matters.
Of course these days a "liberal news outlet" is one that has ever been critical of the President or his polices.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

despicable

Yes, they reported it just like the conservative news outlets. It had nothing to do with how bad he was for drinking chocolate milk, merely that he got in trouble for drinking it from a plastic bottle. It was treated, at least every article I saw, as a humorous anecdote rather than a serious story.

And if you want to point the fingers at his getting in trouble for drinking out of a plastic bottle, then you'll need to take it up with Senate Republicans -- who made that part of the impeachment rules. Your "will formal charges be placed" is misplaced, as I've seen no one calling for that -- but maybe the Senate Republicans will decide to censure him for his not following the Senate impeachment rules.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hope you don't teach your kids that.
M

It was obviously a joke on my part since I took this whole ordeal to be a joke to begin with, that anyone would even be concerned about what kind of milk Romney was drinking. So what if it was chocalate, who actually cares?

Upvote 0