Pre-Trib Only Will Egypt and the Nile River be destroyed?

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,822.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I do mind, but hey, There is nothing to be done about it. :)
As it will be the great and terrible Day of the Lord's wrath that will depopulate Egypt and dry up the Nile, posts about that Day are relevant. Ezekiel 30:1-8
As I say, as I pray, that all the prophesies quoted will help people to gain understanding of God's plans. They are prophesies one never hears from the pulpit and reading them in their books, often leads to thinking they don't apply to todays situation.
But put together in a coherent and logical sequence, a picture emerges: one that is somewhat scary to us, settled as we are in comfortable lifestyles and just as the people were in the days of Noah. We are fortunate in having God's Word available to us, something the antediluvian people didn't have, so we are expected to take note of the large amount of prophecy pertaining to our day, prophecy we know from history still awaits fulfilment. Ignoring it, or discounting it for whatever reason, leaves people unprepared for what must come and may also incur loss of rewards for failing to believe the truth.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Joel 2:1-11 is another description of the Day of the Lord's wrath and it says: the like of that Day has never been seen and never will be again. It WILL happen as prophesied and relaxing is not an option.

You need to go buy some, actually many study guides, and some spend serious hours trying to understand bible prophecy. But first, forget everything you know about bible prophecy and start from scratch. Joel 2:1-11 isn't about Christians. It's about Christ gathering the enemies of God to war before He destroys them.

Keras, Christ is not gathering Christians to slaughter. You need to relax! Take a chill pill because the day of the Lord's wrath will not overtake us, 1 Thessalonians 5:4. We are appointed to salvation through Christ, 1 Thessalonians 5:9. Therefore comfort one another, 1 Thessalonians 5:11. Relax and stop promoting a false global CME apocalypse! Joel 2 isn't a prophecy about it either.

Joel 2:1-11 (ERV)
1 Blow the trumpet on Zion.
Shout a warning on my holy mountain.
Let all the people who live in the land shake with fear.
The Lord’s special day is coming;
it is near.
2 It will be a dark, gloomy day.
It will be a dark and cloudy day.
At sunrise you will see the army spread over the mountains.
It will be a great and powerful army.
There has never been anything like it before,
and there will never be anything like it again.
3 The army will destroy the land like a burning fire.
In front of them the land will be like the Garden of Eden.
Behind them the land will be like an empty desert.
Nothing will escape them.
4 They look like horses.
They run like war horses.
5 Listen to them.
It is like the noise of chariots
riding over the mountains.
It is like the noise of flames
burning the chaff.
They are a powerful people,
who are ready for war.
6 Before this army, people shake with fear.
Their faces become pale from fear.
7 The soldiers run fast.
They climb over the walls.
Each soldier marches straight ahead.
They don’t move from their path.
8 They don’t trip each other.
Each soldier walks in his own path.
If one of the soldiers is hit and falls down,
the others keep right on marching.
9 They run to the city.
They quickly climb over the wall.
They climb into the houses.
They climb through the windows like thieves.
10 Before them, earth and sky shake.
The sun and the moon become dark, and the stars stop shining.
11 The Lord calls loudly to his army.
His camp is very large.
The army obeys his commands.
His army is very powerful.
The Lord’s special day is a great and terrible day.
No one can stop it.

All will see who the fool is, in due course.
Are you incapable of reading and understanding what I write? My post #122 on this thread has many prophesies saying how that Day will become dark, caused by the approaching mass and later by the fires and storms.
None of the translations you quote render that verse properly, the translators had no clue as to what Joel 2:1-11 meant. But with the knowledge that the Lord will use a CME sunstrike to judge and punish the earth on His Day of wrath, then the prophesies about that Day, become understandable and logical.

Oh so now you're the expert on bible translations too and every other translations are faulty right? :doh::doh::doh:

Re the four horsemen of Zechariah and Revelation, I see you have no counter to the truth of them being the same.

We already went over this Keras. I posted a rebuttal in post#131. You just haven't refuted it yet. Read below.

Four horsemen of the apocalypse of Revelation: White, Black, Red and Pale verses three horses of Zechariah 1:8: Red, Brown and White. Difference number of horses and different colors. They're not the same scripture. The burden of proof falls on you Keras to prove they're the same, not me. I don't need to prove they're different because they're clearly different.

Four horsemen of the apocalypse of Revelation: White, Black, Red and Pale verses four chariots with horses colored: White, Black, Red and Spotted. Horses and chariots are not the same, neither are the same colors.

Zechariah is not prophesying over the 4 horsemen that John wrote. in Zechariah 6:2-3, it's chariots with horses (plural) of different colors: Red, black, white and spotted.

Zechariah 6:2-3 New King James Version (NKJV)
2 With the first chariot were red horses, with the second chariot black horses, 3 with the third chariot white horses, and with the fourth chariot dappled horses—strong steeds.

Zechariah is not prophesying over the 4 horsemen that John wrote. in Zechariah 1:8, it's 3 single horses of 3 different colors: Red, brown, and white.

Zechariah 1:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
I saw by night, and behold, a man riding on a red horse, and it stood among the myrtle trees in the hollow; and behind him were horses: red, sorrel, and white.

Zechariah 1:8 and Zechariah 6:2-3 are not parallel scriptures and they are not John's prophecy in Revelation. Unless you're willing to double check in an effort to find others scriptures as evidence they are all parallel verses, you're just speculating based on first impression without exercising due diligence.

Keras, you're obviously trying to turn the table around because it's apparent you can't prove they're the same scriptures. So your only rebuttal is to demand I prove they're not the same. Well just read the scriptures, it proves itself. And the bible proves you're wrong. Numbers and colors are not the same. Horses and chariots are not the same. You're just wrong and too prideful to admit it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,805.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As it will be the great and terrible Day of the Lord's wrath that will depopulate Egypt and dry up the Nile, posts about that Day are relevant. Ezekiel 30:1-8
As I say, as I pray, that all the prophesies quoted will help people to gain understanding of God's plans. They are prophesies one never hears from the pulpit and reading them in their books, often leads to thinking they don't apply to todays situation.
But put together in a coherent and logical sequence, a picture emerges: one that is somewhat scary to us, settled as we are in comfortable lifestyles and just as the people were in the days of Noah. We are fortunate in having God's Word available to us, something the antediluvian people didn't have, so we are expected to take note of the large amount of prophecy pertaining to our day, prophecy we know from history still awaits fulfilment. Ignoring it, or discounting it for whatever reason, leaves people unprepared for what must come and may also incur loss of rewards for failing to believe the truth.

Well what I see is a lot of insults, name calling, and put downs mixed in with a lot of scripture, some out of context, that is more confusing than enlightening. Now if you guys can find common ground to agree where you can agree and when you disagree just say you disagree without putting the other person down and remain civil to one another, then maybe someone can learn from what you post.

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,822.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You need to go buy some, actually many study guides,
I have read many books by esteemed Bible scholars. The result is I find no consensus or logical, Biblically correct end times narrative. I believe Jesus when He said; Father, You have hidden Your secrets from the learned and wise and revealed them to the simple. Matthew 11:25
and some spend serious hours trying to understand bible prophecy.
Is a lifetime of 74 years, all of the last 6 in intensive study and writing what the Bible actually says about the last days, enough? Check out logostelos.info
But first, forget everything you know about bible prophecy and start from scratch
Am I to say to the Lord: The inspiration You have given me isn't good enough, because Psalm 3704 says so?
Joel 2:1-11 isn't about Christians. It's about Christ gathering the enemies of God to war before He destroys them.
Joel is another description of the Lord's Day of wrath, that will come upon everyone on earth, no exceptions!
You left out of your quote: 1 Thess 3:4, says.... that Day should not surprise you. NOT that Christians are taken out of it. This is a serious omission and shows how you try to make scripture fit your beliefs.

Re the four horsemen. Those in Zechariah were sent out to range over the earth, same as the ones in Revelation do. I believe they are the same, you don't and we can leave it at that.
What I asked you, was to explain their purpose, as in that ancient time the world was at peace, but after Jesus ascended to heaven, He opened the seals that allowed them to promote the wars, famines, plagues and economic problems, that the world has experienced since then. And those disasters got worse over the last 100 years, just as Jesus foretold: Matthew 24:6-8

I'm saddened, Handmaid that you feel our 'discussions' are gladiatorial. But when I am confronted with people who have fixed notions of what God should do for them and who respond to scriptures that conflict with their beliefs with a scoffing and derogatory attitude, I don't just 'roll over and let it go'. I know it's Christian to 'turn the other cheek', but the truth of scripture is another matter.
I am aware that many people read my posts, who don't comment and I pray that they will seriously consider the truth as presented and reconsider the lies they may have been taught. Time is short now and for most it will be only after the Sixth Seal event, that understanding will come. Isaiah 29:18, Isaiah 35:4-5, Isaiah 42:18-20, Revelation 3:3

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well what I see is a lot of insults, name calling, and put downs mixed in with a lot of scripture, some out of context, that is more confusing than enlightening. Now if you guys can find common ground to agree where you can agree and when you disagree just say you disagree without putting the other person down and remain civil to one another, then maybe someone can learn from what you post.

I do mind, but hey, There is nothing to be done about it. :)

I'm gonna take you up on this and brush him aside. Matthew 5:38-42.

Hopefully the rest of your thread stays on topic. :)

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just stumbled onto this article today. This alliance between Israel and Egypt should be no surprise to anyone following Isaiah 19 as we move closer to Isaiah 19:16-17. However, an alliance involving Hamas? Israel was just at war with Hamas in July of last year during Operation Protective Edge. But if you think about it, it makes sense as Hamas is also fighting ISIS in the Gaza. Israel will fight against ISIS in the Gaza too and is expected to expand it's territory westward into the Gaza just before the start of the tribulation: Isaiah 26:15. I would think this alliance can help the formation of the peace treaty in the future once ISIS is thoroughly defeated. The picture is becoming a little more clearer.

Israel, Hamas and Egypt form unlikely alliance against Islamic State affiliate
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...cb99dc-fb79-11e5-813a-90ab563f0dde_story.html

Israel and Hamas Form Unholy Alliance Against ISIS
http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/6...27f72-0c56e5dd3f-86694573#8ClzfYEOslPCZW8c.97

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,805.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I just stumbled onto this article today. This alliance between Israel and Egypt should be no surprise to anyone following Isaiah 19 as we move closer to Isaiah 19:16-17. However, an alliance involving Hamas? Israel was just at war with Hamas in July of last year during Operation Protective Edge. But if you think about it, it makes sense as Hamas is also fighting ISIS in the Gaza. Israel will fight against ISIS in the Gaza too and is expected to expand it's territory westward into the Gaza just before the start of the tribulation: Isaiah 26:15. I would think this alliance can help the formation of the peace treaty in the future once ISIS is thoroughly defeated. The picture is becoming a little more clearer.

Israel, Hamas and Egypt form unlikely alliance against Islamic State affiliate
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...cb99dc-fb79-11e5-813a-90ab563f0dde_story.html

Israel and Hamas Form Unholy Alliance Against ISIS
http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/6...27f72-0c56e5dd3f-86694573#8ClzfYEOslPCZW8c.97

I just saw this post brother. I am surprised that Hamas is fighting IS.But like you, I am not surprised Egypt and Israel have an alliance together against IS.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just saw this post brother. I am surprised that Hamas is fighting IS.But like you, I am not surprised Egypt and Israel have an alliance together against IS.

Just a question. Do you see the prophesy brewing up in this lately with what's happening with Israel and her immediate bordering neighbors: the Gaza to the west, the Sinai to the south, Jordan and Palestine to the east, and Syria, the Golan Heights and Lebanon (Hezbollah) to the north?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,805.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just a question. Do you see the prophesy brewing up in this lately with what's happening with Israel and her immediate bordering neighbors: the Gaza to the west, the Sinai to the south, Jordan and Palestine to the east, and Syria, the Golan Heights and Lebanon (Hezbollah) to the north?
Yes, I see it, but I think war will break out from the North with Syria and Russia trying to take back the Golan Heights since oil was recently discovered there.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I see it, but I think war will break out from the North with Syria and Russia trying to take back the Golan Heights since oil was recently discovered there.

You might or might not know this prophecy but you're right about the north. The prophecy is in Jeremiah 25. I'll explain it tomorrow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,822.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Will Egypt and the Nile be destroyed? Yes, the Lord will do it:
Ezekiel 32:15 When I have laid Egypt waste and the whole land lies empty, when I strike down all who live there, then all will know that I am the Lord.
Will the Nile dry up? Yes, the Lord will send fire and earthquakes:
Ezekiel 30:16 I shall set Egypt on fire and Syene [or Sin, now called Aswan] will writhe in anguish. The walls of No will be breached, [No or Noph, the Eastern desert region: the Qattara depression] and floodwaters will burst into it. REB.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

In Isaiah 26:15, it reveals Israel will expand her borders in all directions just before the rapture and tribulation mentioned in Isaiah 26:19-21.

Isaiah 26:15 New King James Version (NKJV)
You have increased the nation, O Lord, You have increased the nation; You are glorified;
You have expanded all the borders of the land.

Isaiah 26:19-21 New King James Version (NKJV)
19 Your dead shall live; Together with my dead body they shall arise.
Awake and sing, you who dwell in dust; For your dew is like the dew of herbs,
And the earth shall cast out the dead.
20 Come, my people, enter your chambers, And shut your doors behind you;
Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment, Until the indignation is past.
21 For behold, the Lord comes out of His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;
The earth will also disclose her blood, And will no more cover her slain.

So this was what I was alluding to in Jeremiah 25. In Jeremiah 25:9, it reveals how God will destroy the immediate surrounding countries of Israel: parts of Syria, the West Bank owned by Palestine, Jordan, Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, the Gaza, and Lebanon.

I'm listing several translations because the NKJV I normally use isn't in-depth on Jeremiah 25:9 and I wasn't able to catch what Jeremiah said till I read it in other translations. Jeremiah tells us that just before the tribulation, God will destroy Israel's immediate surrounding neighbors. God will send these people He calls from the north to also invade Israel. Most translations such as the NKJV say "I will bring them against this land, against its inhabitants," while a small few will actually say "I will bring them all against Judah, those who live there." I'm just reiterating all the translations are referring to this land being Israel.

Jeremiah 25:9 (NKJV) behold, I will send and take all the families of the north,' says the Lord, 'and Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, My servant, and will bring them against this land, against its inhabitants, and against these nations all around, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, a hissing, and perpetual desolations.

Jeremiah 25:9 (CEB) I am going to muster all the tribes of the north and my servant King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, declares the LORD, and I will bring them against this country and its residents as well as against all the surrounding nations. I will completely destroy them and will make them an object of horror, shock, and ruins for all time.

Jeremiah 25:9 (GNT) "I am going to send for all the peoples from the north and for my servant, King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylonia. I am going to bring them to fight against Judah and its inhabitants and against all the neighboring nations. I am going to destroy this nation and its neighbors and leave them in ruins forever, a terrible and shocking sight. I, the Lord, have spoken.

Jeremiah 25:9 (NCV) I will send for all the peoples of the north," says the Lord, "along with my servant Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. I will bring them all against Judah, those who live there, and all the nations around you, too. I will completely destroy all those countries and leave them in ruins forever. People will be shocked when they see how badly I have destroyed those countries.

Jeremiah 25:9 (ERV) I will soon send for all the tribes of the north. This message is from the Lord. “I will soon send for King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. He is my servant. I will bring those people against the land of Judah and against the people of Judah. I will bring them against all the nations around you too. I will destroy all those countries. I will make those lands like an empty desert forever. People will see those countries, and whistle at how badly they were destroyed.

So this is what I was getting at and had wondered if you noticed this prophecy is becoming visible and we can see how it's being played out when looking at some of the most recent events brewing in the Middle East involving Israel.

ISIS is planning a huge attack on Israel from the Sinai, the Gaza, the Golan Heights and Syria, and in Jordan. Hezbollah is planning it's biggest war ever from Lebanon. And the Palestinians are pushing for a 3rd intifada. All this within the past year. In Jeremiah 25:9, "God said I will bring those people against this land (Judah)."

Now have you noticed there hasn't been much noise about Iran and other countries in the Middle East not immediately surrounding Israel wanting to destroy Israel either? Not since ISIS came along.

Also in Jeremiah 25:9, God said He will destroy all those surrounding countries of Israel. Well, we can see it happening soon as Israel will be at war soon against ISIS, Hezbollah (from Lebanon) and the Palestinians (from the West bank). We know Israel will defeat them all and expand her borders into the territories of her invaders per Isaiah 26:15.

We already know the tribulation is soon but we can also see a war involving Israel will come sooner as we follow the news and can understand the prophecies as it happens. Daniel 12:4.

I'm a little lazy to dig up the many news articles about Israel. I've posted many in the past but here's a few recent articles about Hezbollah since I've never spoken about them yet.

Report: Hezbollah prepares for 'biggest war ever' with Israel
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4774325,00.html

Israeli general warns of 'devastating war' with Hezbollah
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/04/20/israeli-general-warns-devastating-war-with-hezbollah.html

Report: Israeli airstrike hits Hezbollah arms convoy in Lebanon
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/212077#.VzWhWfkrLX5

Report: Israeli fighter jets strike weapons convoy headed towards Hezbollah
http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-C...ike-weapons-convoy-on-way-to-Hezbollah-453649

And look at this article that just came out only hours ago. The Hezbollah commander was killed by an Israeli airstrike. When the right time comes, God will bring them to war and Israel will come out on top. For now, He's getting them ready.

Hezbollah commander Mustafa Amine Badreddine killed
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36283424

Leading Hezbollah commander and key Israel target killed in Syria
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/13/hezbollah-commander-killed-israel-mustafa-badreddine

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh yeah, I almost forget. Here's Jeremiah 25.

From Jeremiah 25:15-38 is the tribulation. Jeremiah also listed all the countries God will judge from Jeremiah 25:17-26. They're almost all Muslim countries in the Middle East. (notice He also listed Jerusalem and the cities of Judah?).

But before the tribulation, Jeremiah also tells us when God will begin His judgement and wrath, it happens after 70 years. Notice in Jeremiah 25:12 God said after 70 years, He will begin His judgement upon the chaldeans and from verse 15 onward, Jeremiah begins listing those countries God will destroy?

There's about 6 prophecies in the old testament that reveals how long in length it will be before God begins His judgement, this is one of them. They all point to 70 years.

And this is in chronological order from Jeremiah 25 to Jeremiah 31 as he goes into further details of the tribulation and what will happen just before it happens.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah 25&version=NKJV

Jeremiah 25 New King James Version (NKJV)

Seventy Years of Desolation

25 The word that came to Jeremiah concerning all the people of Judah, in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah (which was the first year of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon), 2 which Jeremiah the prophet spoke to all the people of Judah and to all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying: 3 “From the thirteenth year of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah, even to this day, this is the twenty-third year in which the word of the Lord has come to me; and I have spoken to you, rising early and speaking, but you have not listened. 4 And the Lord has sent to you all His servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, but you have not listened nor inclined your ear to hear. 5 They said, ‘Repent now everyone of his evil way and his evil doings, and dwell in the land that the Lord has given to you and your fathers forever and ever. 6 Do not go after other gods to serve them and worship them, and do not provoke Me to anger with the works of your hands; and I will not harm you.’ 7 Yet you have not listened to Me,” says the Lord, “that you might provoke Me to anger with the works of your hands to your own hurt.

8 “Therefore thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘Because you have not heard My words, 9 behold, I will send and take all the families of the north,’ says the Lord, ‘and Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, My servant, and will bring them against this land, against its inhabitants, and against these nations all around, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, a hissing, and perpetual desolations.10 Moreover I will take from them the voice of mirth and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones and the light of the lamp. 11 And this whole land shall be a desolation and an astonishment, and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

12 ‘Then it will come to pass, when seventy years are completed, that I will punish the king of Babylon and that nation, the land of the Chaldeans, for their iniquity,’ says the Lord; ‘and I will make it a perpetual desolation. 13 So I will bring on that land all My words which I have pronounced against it, all that is written in this book, which Jeremiah has prophesied concerning all the nations. 14 (For many nations and great kings shall be served by them also; and I will repay them according to their deeds and according to the works of their own hands.)’”

Judgment on the Nations
15 For thus says the Lord God of Israel to me: “Take this wine cup of fury from My hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send you, to drink it. 16 And they will drink and stagger and go mad because of the sword that I will send among them.”

17 Then I took the cup from the Lord’s hand, and made all the nations drink, to whom the Lord had sent me: 18 Jerusalem and the cities of Judah, its kings and its princes, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, a hissing, and a curse, as it is this day; 19 Pharaoh king of Egypt, his servants, his princes, and all his people; 20 all the mixed multitude, all the kings of the land of Uz, all the kings of the land of the Philistines (namely, Ashkelon, Gaza, Ekron, and the remnant of Ashdod); 21 Edom, Moab, and the people of Ammon; 22 all the kings of Tyre, all the kings of Sidon, and the kings of the coastlands which are across the sea; 23 Dedan, Tema, Buz, and all who are in the farthest corners; 24 all the kings of Arabia and all the kings of the mixed multitude who dwell in the desert; 25 all the kings of Zimri, all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of the Medes; 26 all the kings of the north, far and near, one with another; and all the kingdoms of the world which are on the face of the earth. Also the king of Sheshach shall drink after them.

27 “Therefore you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: “Drink, be drunk, and vomit! Fall and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you.”’ 28 And it shall be, if they refuse to take the cup from your hand to drink, then you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts: “You shall certainly drink! 29 For behold, I begin to bring calamity on the city which is called by My name, and should you be utterly unpunished? You shall not be unpunished, for I will call for a sword on all the inhabitants of the earth,” says the Lord of hosts.’

30 “Therefore prophesy against them all these words, and say to them:

‘The Lord will roar from on high,
And utter His voice from His holy habitation;
He will roar mightily against His fold.
He will give a shout, as those who tread the grapes,
Against all the inhabitants of the earth.
31 A noise will come to the ends of the earth—
For the Lord has a controversy with the nations;
He will plead His case with all flesh.
He will give those who are wicked to the sword,’ says the Lord.”

32 Thus says the Lord of hosts:

“Behold, disaster shall go forth
From nation to nation,
And a great whirlwind shall be raised up
From the farthest parts of the earth.

33 And at that day the slain of the Lord shall be from one end of the earth even to the other end of the earth. They shall not be lamented, or gathered, or buried; they shall become refuse on the ground.

34 “Wail, shepherds, and cry!
Roll about in the ashes,
You leaders of the flock!
For the days of your slaughter and your dispersions are fulfilled;
You shall fall like a precious vessel.
35 And the shepherds will have no way to flee,
Nor the leaders of the flock to escape.
36 A voice of the cry of the shepherds,
And a wailing of the leaders to the flock will be heard.
For the Lord has plundered their pasture,
37 And the peaceful dwellings are cut down
Because of the fierce anger of the Lord.
38 He has left His lair like the lion;
For their land is desolate
Because of the fierceness of the Oppressor,
And because of His fierce anger.”

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,805.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I need some time to read all of this but, wow! It is really interesting how all of this i playing out before our eyes isn't it?I did see on the news that the Hezbollah chief was killed. I have been watching the developments transpiring in the Middle East wondering when the fit would hit the shan. It looks like sooner rather than later. I will take some time today to finish reading your post.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,805.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Isaiah 26:15 New King James Version (NKJV)
You have increased the nation, O Lord, You have increased the nation; You are glorified;
You have expanded all the borders of the land.

Yep! The land will be enlarged from the Euphrates to the Nile, but is this before or after the return of Lord Jesus?
So this was what I was alluding to in Jeremiah 25. In Jeremiah 25:9, it reveals how God will destroy the immediate surrounding countries of Israel: parts of Syria, the West Bank owned by Palestine, Jordan, Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, the Gaza, and Lebanon.

I'm listing several translations because the NKJV I normally use isn't in-depth on Jeremiah 25:9 and I wasn't able to catch what Jeremiah said till I read it in other translations. Jeremiah tells us that just before the tribulation, God will destroy Israel's immediate surrounding neighbors. God will send these people He calls from the north to also invade Israel. Most translations such as the NKJV say "I will bring them against this land, against its inhabitants," while a small few will actually say "I will bring them all against Judah, those who live there." I'm just reiterating all the translations are referring to this land being Israel.

Jeremiah 25:9 (NKJV) behold, I will send and take all the families of the north,' says the Lord, 'and Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, My servant, and will bring them against this land, against its inhabitants, and against these nations all around, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, a hissing, and perpetual desolations.

Jeremiah 25:9 (CEB) I am going to muster all the tribes of the north and my servant King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, declares the LORD, and I will bring them against this country and its residents as well as against all the surrounding nations. I will completely destroy them and will make them an object of horror, shock, and ruins for all time.

Jeremiah 25:9 (GNT) "I am going to send for all the peoples from the north and for my servant, King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylonia. I am going to bring them to fight against Judah and its inhabitants and against all the neighboring nations. I am going to destroy this nation and its neighbors and leave them in ruins forever, a terrible and shocking sight. I, the Lord, have spoken.

Jeremiah 25:9 (NCV) I will send for all the peoples of the north," says the Lord, "along with my servant Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. I will bring them all against Judah, those who live there, and all the nations around you, too. I will completely destroy all those countries and leave them in ruins forever. People will be shocked when they see how badly I have destroyed those countries.

Jeremiah 25:9 (ERV) I will soon send for all the tribes of the north. This message is from the Lord. “I will soon send for King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. He is my servant. I will bring those people against the land of Judah and against the people of Judah. I will bring them against all the nations around you too. I will destroy all those countries. I will make those lands like an empty desert forever. People will see those countries, and whistle at how badly they were destroyed.

So this is what I was getting at and had wondered if you noticed this prophecy is becoming visible and we can see how it's being played out when looking at some of the most recent events brewing in the Middle East involving Israel.

You don't consider this one already fulfilled?? I ask because it mentions Nebuchadnezzar , and we know he conquered that whole area. Show me what parts were not fulfilled back then so I can get it straight in my thinking. I believe you see something that I am missing. Maybe it is one of those prophecies that is only partially fulfilled.And there is that in part "c" about making those lands a desert forever, and the Middle East is mostly desert. So much information, I cannot digest it all in one sitting. So as Arnold would say " I'll be back". LOL!^_^ I thank you and Keras for hanging in here with my question. Hugs:hug: :hug: to both of you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,805.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Will Egypt and the Nile be destroyed? Yes, the Lord will do it:
Ezekiel 32:15 When I have laid Egypt waste and the whole land lies empty, when I strike down all who live there, then all will know that I am the Lord.
Will the Nile dry up? Yes, the Lord will send fire and earthquakes:
Ezekiel 30:16 I shall set Egypt on fire and Syene [or Sin, now called Aswan] will writhe in anguish. The walls of No will be breached, [No or Noph, the Eastern desert region: the Qattara depression] and floodwaters will burst into it. REB.

Hi Keras, Thanks for this. Where did you find the REB on the web? Do you have a link? OK so the Aswan Dam will probably be brought down and flood the Qattara depression. Now that matches my OP because in Jer. 29 it says
Jer. 29:
In the tenth year, in the tenth month on the twelfth day, the word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, set your face against Pharaoh king of Egypt and prophesy against him and against all Egypt. 3 Speak to him and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says:

“‘I am against you, Pharaoh king of Egypt,
you great monster lying among your streams.
You say, “The Nile belongs to me;
I made it for myself.”
4 But I will put hooks in your jaws
and make the fish of your streams stick to your scales.
I will pull you out from among your streams,
with all the fish sticking to your scales.
5 I will leave you in the desert,
you and all the fish of your streams.
You will fall on the open field
and not be gathered or picked up.
I will give you as food
to the beasts of the earth and the birds of the sky.

6 Then all who live in Egypt will know that I am the Lord.

“‘You have been a staff of reed for the people of Israel. 7 When they grasped you with their hands, you splintered and you tore open their shoulders; when they leaned on you, you broke and their backs were wrenched.a]">[a]

8 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will bring a sword against you and kill both man and beast. 9 Egypt will become a desolate wasteland. Then they will know that I am the Lord.

“‘Because you said, “The Nile is mine; I made it,” 10 therefore I am against you and against your streams, and I will make the land of Egypt a ruin and a desolate waste from Migdol to Aswan, as far as the border of Cush.b]">[b] 11 The foot of neither man nor beast will pass through it; no one will live there for forty years. 12 I will make the land of Egypt desolate among devastated lands, and her cities will lie desolate forty years among ruined cities. And I will disperse the Egyptians among the nations and scatter them through the countries.

13 “‘Yet this is what the Sovereign Lord says: At the end of forty years I will gather the Egyptians from the nations where they were scattered. 14 I will bring them back from captivity and return them to Upper Egypt, the land of their ancestry. There they will be a lowly kingdom.(NIV)

I definitely would like to read what it says in the REB that you are using.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,822.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I definitely would like to read what it says in the REB that you are using.
The Revised English Bible, Oxford Press 1989 isn't a common version, unfortunately. I highly recommend it for accurate translation and easy reading.
I bought my copy from ABE books for $10. I see Olivetree.com has the REB as an app. for $9.99
Do a google search, but be sure to get the right one, as there are others similar.

My quote from it of Ezekiel 30:16, is exactly as written, excepting my comments in brackets. Other Bibles, for whatever reason, don't mention the floodwaters.
BTW, it isn't the Aswan dam that will break, it is the natural land ridge beside Lake Nasser that will split apart.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,805.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Revised English Bible, Oxford Press 1989 isn't a common version, unfortunately. I highly recommend it for accurate translation and easy reading.
I bought my copy from ABE books for $10. I see Olivetree.com has the REB as an app. for $9.99
Do a google search, but be sure to get the right one, as there are others similar.

My quote from it of Ezekiel 30:16, is exactly as written, excepting my comments in brackets. Other Bibles, for whatever reason, don't mention the floodwaters.
BTW, it isn't the Aswan dam that will break, it is the natural land ridge beside Lake Nasser that will split apart.
Thank you Keras. I will google it. :) . Do you think it is the earthquakes that will demolish it?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,822.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Do you think it is the earthquakes that will demolish it?
Yes, because there will be no war. Ezekiel 7:14
Either nuke or conventional, the Lord will do it by the means of a massive CME, that will strike to the depths of the mountains, Deuteronomy 32:22. Tectonic plate shift.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is really interesting how all of this i playing out before our eyes isn't it?

Yes it is. I feel awfully lucky and blessed to understand some of these prophecies. Just think, Jesus will be returning soon. We're living in exciting times.

Upvote 0