Will Durham be fired?

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I think if the Democrats have their way they can milk another $30 million dollars from years of investigating the Bidens and find little to nothing like the Mueller probe did and they can bring in more of their own such that mostly they are in charge of it all and able to perhaps funnel some of the 'investigation" funds to the Bidens even.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think if the Democrats have their way they can milk another $30 million dollars from years of investigating the Bidens and find little to nothing like the Mueller probe did and they can bring in more of their own such that mostly they are in charge of it all and able to perhaps funnel some of the 'investigation" funds to the Bidens even.
I'm sorry, you must be thinking about the 10 different Republican Benghazi investigations, with the fines and such, the Muller report paid for itself.
Robert Mueller's Russia probe cost nearly $32 million in total, Justice Department says
“You secured the convictions of President Trump’s campaign chairman, his deputy campaign manager, his national security advisor, and his personal lawyer, among others,” Nadler said at the start of Mueller’s historic testimony before the House Judiciary Committee last week.

“In the Paul Manafort case alone, you recovered as much as $42 million, so that the cost of your investigation to the taxpayers approaches zero.”
and once President Trump is no longer a sitting President? The real case can start to unfold.
tulc(just something to look forward to in the coming year)

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Quickest way to stop the investigation into corruption.

Thoughts?
I doubt that he will be fired but I am interested if he actually found anything on Biden and wouldn't be surprised if what he finds is about Trump, instead, and Barr is blocking it.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My personal opinion is that the investigation will slowly fade away, Like the ones during the Obama administration, they were dismissed out of hand, then ignored by the Obama Administration and the media

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Quickest way to stop the investigation into corruption.

Thoughts?
The better question is why hasn't Trump fired the liar Fauci? He openly admits misleading the public. I can think of no "expert" who has undermined the credibility of public health this year more than Fauci. Why won't Trump fire him?

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The better question is why hasn't Trump fired the liar Fauci? He openly admits misleading the public. I can think of no "expert" who has undermined the credibility of public health this year more than Fauci. Why won't Trump fire him?
If you're talking about masks, his explanation at least mitigates this assessment.

Several things were different when he told people not to wear masks:
  • They did not recognize the amount that people without symptoms spread the disease. People who had symptoms were assumed to stay home, and didn't need masks to keep them from spreading it, whereas people in hospitals couldn't stay away.
  • The research on the usefulness of masks was ambiguous.
  • The extent to which it was spread by droplets was not clear.
  • Masks were in short supply, and they didn't realize that home-made coverings could be useful.
However I think what he said was less than fully candid, and fed into later disinformation about the usefulness of masks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If you're talking about masks, his explanation at least mitigates this assessment.

Several things were different when he told people not to wear masks:
  • They did not recognize the amount that people without symptoms spread the disease. People who had symptoms were assumed to stay home, and didn't need masks to keep them from spreading it, whereas people in hospitals couldn't stay away.
  • The research on the usefulness of masks was ambiguous.
  • The extent to which it was spread by droplets was not clear.
  • Masks were in short supply, and they didn't realize that home-made coverings could be useful.
However I think what he said was less than fully candid, and fed into later disinformation about the usefulness of masks.
Fauci flip flops on an almost daily basis. He has a tendency to say extreme things and then walk them back in a day or two, which calls into question his credibility and sobriety. As for masks, his initial position was actually based on science which has for 30 years suggested masks aren't very effective. Once he changed his tune it was too late, it called into question everything he said. Now he's admitted that he misled people about how many people needed to be vaccinated gor herd immunity. Or is he misleading people now? That's an open question. He has no credibility at this point.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My personal opinion is that the investigation will slowly fade away, Like the ones during the Obama administration, they were dismissed out of hand, then ignored by the Obama Administration and the media
That's because the Republican led investigations didn't find any wrong doing.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, but they ran the FBI and the Congressional investigations.

negative. The FBI was part of the Obama Administration and was under his direction. Remember the little fella by the name of Comey?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Remember when a former Secretary of State was under Investigation and her husband a former President met with the Attorney General on a tarmac privately. Then suddenly the investigation just faded away?

it is an established MO with the Obama Administration, why would Biden be any different

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
negative. The FBI was part of the Obama Administration and was under his direction. Remember the little fella by the name of Comey?
The FBI isn't under the direction of the President, though Trump thinks that it should. Comey is a Republican who made it clear that he didn't owe allegiance to Obama or Trump.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The FBI isn't under the direction of the President, though Trump thinks that it should. Comey is a Republican who made it clear that he didn't owe allegiance to Obama or Trump.

LOL. Comey is appointed by Obama and openly covered for his former Secretary of State, lied to Trump while participating in covert investigations even before he got into office.

And Comey has testified that he did.

Comey testified before Congress that Hillary lied to Congress six times and yet pressed no charges.

let me jog your memory.

Comey testified of Clinton Lying to congress c

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
LOL. Comey is appointed by Obama and openly covered for his former Secretary of State, lied to Trump while participating in covert investigations even before he got into office.

And Comey has testified that he did.

Comey testified before Congress that Hillary lied to Congress six times and yet pressed no charges.

let me jog your memory.

Comey testified of Clinton Lying to congress c
Comey didn't testify that Clinton "lied" about anything and Gowdy made that clear in his long testimonial in this video. He did testify that she was incorrect in some of her statements before the committee but what they couldn't prove was intent. This is the same reason that Mueller couldn't say that Trump was guilty of criminal conspiracy in the Russian meddling investigation because he couldn't prove intent.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Comey didn't testify that Clinton "lied" about anything and Gowdy made that clear in his long testimonial in this video. He did testify that she was incorrect in some of her statements before the committee but what they couldn't prove was intent. This is the same reason that Mueller couldn't say that Trump was guilty of criminal conspiracy in the Russian meddling investigation because he couldn't prove intent.

His long 6 min video speaks for itself.

Upvote 0