New Jersey
✟335,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We talked in our Vestry meeting this week about what Sunday worship would/should look like when we open back up. It'll have to be much like what @pdudgeon and @Philip_B have described: Six feet of distance between families, no touching at the peace, no singing, probably no Communion -- and by that point, maybe we're doing better with Zoom. Sigh.

Our bishop has emphasized that the question isn't "Will I get sick if I go to church?" The question is "How many other people will get sick because of me if I go to church?"

Reactions: Philip_B
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just learned this afternoon that when our parish opens this weekend, we won't have a choir, no opening procession,
and there will be no music, no organist, no cellist, no hymns, no sung responses.
I guess it's hard to sing with a mask on. :sorry: :help:

just Low Mass.
no Eucharistic ministers,
no blood (wine),
and no collection by the Knights.
just a self-drop in the basket as the worshipers leave.

How much we will be loosing!

Wow. Ours this Sunday will be the first time in a month that our Priest will say the homily, we watched the Bishop for a month at Church. I am not sure bout Procession though, I will know by tomorrow night since I set everything up and ring the bells. I will pray that you will get all the things missing.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are still shut. Those masks when shopping make me claustrophobic. Singing with it! Ugh! No way!

I sing in a mask, it's weird and my hot breath comes back at me :) You can tell if you got bad breath or not in one :D

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Two parishes I attend are opening this Sunday. One at a soccer field to reduce cross contamination and the other in their church building. Since I have a choice I’ll probably attend the outdoor service to be on the safer side.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,661.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When activities return, will those afraid of the virus avoid it?
Causing attendance to drop?
And since it’s virtual now.
If so, what do we do?
The good thing is...
Less going to false “Churches”
Bad thing is
New Christians possibly hearing the word less and less.
Fellow Christians, what will you be doing? I do not know quite yet.

Here in Germany we have been back in church 2 weeks now. My church held its first service last Sunday. Numbers in the church were on the low end of a normal service but we had further people on ZOOM who were being streamed the service. As a result numbers were probably up overall. My understanding is that more people are attending online activities in this epidemic than ever before. For example this survey from the UK indicates a turn to prayer by younger people especially.

British public turn to prayer as one in four tune in to religious services

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
yes the Lord prepares us to stand In the midst as an advocate of righteousness and ambassador but the battle belongs to Him. I love to hear that you know your calling and are taking it seriously. God is good!

The battle is His. Supporting others through the struggle is important. I didn’t go through it alone. My friends stood with me and endured their share of hardship on my behalf.

How are you fulfilling your God-given task?

~Bella

Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The battle is His. Supporting others through the struggle is important. I didn’t go through it alone. My friends stood with me and endured their share of hardship on my behalf.

How are you fulfilling your God-given task?

~Bella

to walk in His presence and show the love of God to those He has assigned me to look over. To minister the love of God to the best He has given me understanding. I am a watchman.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
to walk in His presence and show the love of God to those He has assigned me to look over. To minister the love of God to the best He has given me understanding. I am a watchman.

That’s wonderful. You sound content. I have noticed the same rings true for others pursuing their purpose. They radiate an inner peace and joy that’s hard to miss.

~Bella

Upvote 0