Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When activities return, will those afraid of the virus avoid it?
Causing attendance to drop?
And since it’s virtual now.
If so, what do we do?
The good thing is...
Less going to false “Churches”
Bad thing is
New Christians possibly hearing the word less and less.
Fellow Christians, what will you be doing? I do not know quite yet.
Good thing the "church" is the Body of Christ and every denomination has people who are in His Kingdom regardless of the ability to congregate. This time period is a good test to all Christians reguarding the steadfastness of their faith. Remember, a Christian must first have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ of Nazareth our King. Nurturing that relationship with no outside influence is the purist form of worship. If a Christian "needs" a physical congregation in order to worship, then consider your "walk"; is it in truth?

5“And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. 7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

8“Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 9In this manner, therefore, pray:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If so, what do we do?
The good thing is...
Bad thing is
We're going to see a massive decline in church attendance and ultimately in faith. The people who are at best lukewarm are going to stop coming. While in theory that means that we're getting rid of unbelievers, in reality it means getting rid of people who need to hear the gospel message.

This virus has really exposed the weakness of the American church. Instead of fleeing to God, most alleged Christians are looking to government for salvation. Meanwhile the church has shut down the means of grace without a second thought about what they're doing. Very few have asserted their first amendment and God given right to corporate worship. The outsized fear of death betrays a weak Christianity that does not truly believe in a sovereign God.

Upvote 0

SeekingGloryOnThisJourney

Apr 13, 2020
Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Good thing the "church" is the Body of Christ and every denomination has people who are in His Kingdom regardless of the ability to congregate. This time period is a good test to all Christians reguarding the steadfastness of their faith. Remember, a Christian must first have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ of Nazareth our King. Nurturing that relationship with no outside influence is the purist form of worship. If a Christian "needs" a physical congregation in order to worship, then consider your "walk"; is it in truth?

5“And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. 7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

8“Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 9In this manner, therefore, pray:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.
I know, I wasn’t able to attend Church most of my life, this is only the second year I’ve gone. I mean for new Christians, Church is a good way to start, then to move on to personal stuff.

Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If so, what do we do?
The good thing is...
Bad thing is

whatever will happen remember we are talking about the assembling of the Lords bride and It will eventually end up being to the betterment of the church. There is a shaking going on and the church will also be shaken. Realistically many churches may go bankrupt. I personally have never like the structure of the modern church in the sense of where and how we meet even though I do attend. I see it this way, the Lord Jesus was represented within the temple but the temple was not the church. The church structure is not correct but the church meets within it, therefore the Father works with this current system not because He has to but because His bride is within it.

We all have gifts but how often are those gifts neglected because of the assigned and rehearsed ones at the forefront of your church, I’m not blaming anyone here just reality. House to house is the only way individual believers can express their gifting and be used fully by God to affect those within those small groups, to truly minister to one another in a church setting.This shaking may cause a return to that, I don’t know. We are in a time that will be used by the Father to restructure, that I do know.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If so, what do we do?
The good thing is...
Bad thing is
That's okay, we're supposed to be not just hearers of the word anyway.

If people need the bible read to them, buy an MP3 bible.

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟611,327.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Some are afraid of getting sick, others are afraid of death, and still others are afraid of questioning the government or religious authorities who are over them, for fear that they will lose their positions or their economic livelihood.
It may be a mistake to read staying away as fear, for it may well be love, love that ensures that we minimise the harm to our sisters and brothers, love that wants to ensure that we do have the victory.

In our parish we have made some attempt at online connectedness, and we have encouraged direct giving through electronic banking. There is no doubt that our finances will take a hit, and I don't imagine that people will return with barrow loads of cash they have been putting aside week by week.

Our Bishop has laid out a number of rules, including no singing, no passing the collection plate, communion in one kind only, and contactless greeting of peace. I know I have often murmured about the clatter of the faithful saying their prayers before mass, somehow I fancy that may infact bring me some joy the next time I hear it.

Upvote 0

RoseCrystal

Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2018
Australia
✟294,530.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If so, what do we do?
The good thing is...
Bad thing is
I'm desperate to go back to church, I hope more we get new members and not less. A lot of people are thinking about religion in this unusual time, hopefully they come to church!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
House to house is the only way individual believers can express their gifting and be used fully by God to affect those within those small groups, to truly minister to one another in a church setting.

I would never go to a stranger’s home. But I’d like to host a small gathering of friends and invitees for a time of sharing over a meal or entertainment with great conversation and fellowship. I want a personal touch. Something real and intimate. The corporate structure has no appeal.

~Bella

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
If so, what do we do?
The good thing is...
Bad thing is
Get into the Bible. On your own and Pray

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would never go to a stranger’s home. But I’d like to host a small gathering of friends and invitees for a time of sharing over a meal or entertainment with great conversation and fellowship. I want a personal touch. Something real and intimate. The corporate structure has no appeal.

~Bella

You’re right the real and intimate touch with other believers just does not exist in the current structure. I believe the first century church had it correct and especially in allowing the gifts of EVERY believer to give glory to God. We basically go watch a show every Sunday in which we are either not allowed to participate or told the extent of our participation. I’m not for disorder but that’s my point so often the Holy Spirit Himself is not allowed to lead. I have worked for and been involved in church structure/services and the whole service is planned to the minute, Literally the minute, despite whether or not God wishes to continue in another direction. It’s the system we are in and God meets us there but there is a far better way which will bring about true freedom for fill in the blank or growth of the individual. I’ve learned we really do need each other and often our growth in any area God will purposely use another brother or sister to bring about that growth. We may be forced back to this first century model and if we are it’s Gods intent to do so.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You’re right the real and intimate touch with other believers just does not exist in the current structure.

Oddly enough, the idea of gatherings really hit home when I watched Kanye's Sunday Service. I would never have an opportunity to experience 2 1/2 hours of uninterrupted worship. Unless it was a special event.

I noticed the effect it had on my spirit. Praising God for that duration ignited an joy-filled energy. We couldn't come down. We kept going all day. I've never done that before. We woke up and did it again for several days. I learned an important lesson and knew I was done with 'church'. I needed a change.

This happened before the pandemic hit. The desire for gatherings blossomed. That's the direction I'm moving in. It allows me to use my gifts and talents in a manner I enjoy. Being hands-on and engaging with others is more appealing.

~Bella

Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oddly enough, the idea of gatherings really hit home when I watched Kanye's Sunday Service. I would never have an opportunity to experience 2 1/2 hours of uninterrupted worship. Unless it was a special event.

I noticed the effect it had on my spirit. Praising God for that duration ignited an joy-filled energy. We couldn't come down. We kept going all day. I've never done that before. We woke up and did it again for several days. I learned an important lesson and knew I was done with 'church'. I needed a change.

This happened before the pandemic hit. The desire for gatherings blossomed. That's the direction I'm moving in. It allows me to use my gifts and talents in a manner I enjoy. Being hands-on and engaging with others is more appealing.

~Bella

I agree 100% God created us to interact while being led by His Spirit. We are living stones forming a church not just a few stones for the rest to observe. I don’t think I ever heard Kanye before the Lord saved him but I do like his worship album. I tell you this too God has His hand on Kanye and I believe there is a purpose within the music community that he is going to play a big part in. He needs prayer as well there’s a lot of occult and witchcraft surrounding him simply because of the profession he is in. These occultist hate Jesus and anyone who names the name of the Lord.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don’t think I ever heard Kanye before the Lord saved him but I do like his worship album. I tell you this too God has His hand on Kanye and I believe there is a purpose within the music community that he is going to play a big part in. He needs prayer as well there’s a lot of occult and witchcraft surrounding him simply because of the profession he is in. These occultist hate Jesus and anyone who names the name of the Lord.

I didn't listen to him either. But I recognize the songs. They're old. Songs people sang long ago and some from my youth. He's reaching back in his music. The album made history. God likes to shake things up.

The spiritual assignments are heavy. I would pray for Hollywood and celebrities and I could feel the oppression. I have a burden for them. I know what its like to have something holding on when you want to be free. He delivered me and seeing others in that condition grieves my heart. God moves in all circles. Sometimes we forget that.

~Bella

• Agree
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't listen to him either. But I recognize the songs. They're old. Songs people sang long ago and some from my youth. He's reaching back in his music. The album made history. God likes to shake things up.

The spiritual assignments are heavy. I would pray for Hollywood and celebrities and I could feel the oppression. I have a burden for them. I know what its like to have something holding on when you want to be free. He delivered me and seeing others in that condition grieves my heart. God moves in all circles. Sometimes we forget that.

~Bella

it’s purely Gods grace that I’m not dead and I am where I am today, unbelievably blessed by the Father. Knowing that sin is sin God showed me on time when I first got saved a needle graph, the little you went into sin usually not always the little you would come into His love. The further you went into sin the further you would come into His love. Those who are forgiven much love much. God loves to take the worst and use them because it gives Him glory in doing so. Hollywood is very satanic and sick but God wants them. I truly believe their will be a revival out there but first there has to be a shaking.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Those who are forgiven much love much. God loves to take the worst and use them because it gives Him glory in doing so. Hollywood is very satanic and sick but God wants them. I truly believe their will be a revival out there but first there has to be a shaking.

I empathize because I suffered and struggled for my freedom. I didn't say a prayer and join the fray. I had to fight. I understand bondage. Laboring for others toughened my mettle and strengthened my prayer muscles.

He permitted it for a reason. So I'd stand and be fearless and do the same for others without fainting. I couldn't survive where He's sending me if my path was easier. It would swallow me.

~Bella

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A danger with online/ digital resources and services might be that some won't attend physical services anymore, they'll just watch the podcast.

This will happen again though. There will be another virus. Next time we need to make our governments take appropriate action. When a virus appears in a country, close all borders with that country, put that one country into lock-down immediately rather than waiting for the virus to infect the whole world.

God Bless :)

Upvote 0

XAPLTOS

May 11, 2020
U.S.
✟19,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I empathize because I suffered and struggled for my freedom. I didn't say a prayer and join the fray. I had to fight. I understand bondage. Laboring for others toughened my mettle and strengthened my prayer muscles.

He permitted it for a reason. So I'd stand and be fearless and do the same for others without fainting. I couldn't survive where He's sending me if my path was easier. It would swallow me.

~Bella

yes the Lord prepares us to stand In the midst as an advocate of righteousness and ambassador but the battle belongs to Him. I love to hear that you know your calling and are taking it seriously. God is good!

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If so, what do we do?
The good thing is...
Bad thing is

At least the word they will be hearing is the Word of God.

Jesus removes the dross....quality is over quantity...

this coronavirus fear mongering is just a cleansing of His Church to allow His Word to go forth.

Upvote 0