✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is? Where? This study says the exact opposite;

"There was a significantly lower rate of pneumonia, heart failure, and acute kidney injury observed with re-infection compared with primary infection among the 63 patients with re-infection"

Re-infection with SARS-CoV-2 in Patients Undergoing Serial Laboratory Testing

That link includes this --

Results:
"Re-infection was identified in 0.7% (n=63, 95% confidence interval [CI] 0.5%-0.9%) during follow up of 9,119 patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection. The mean period (±standard deviation [SD]) between two positive tests was 116 ± 21 days. A logistic regression analysis identified that asthma (odds ratio [OR] 1.9, 95% CI 1.1-3.2) and nicotine dependence/tobacco use (OR 2.7, 95% CI 1.6-4.5) were associated with re-infection."

"There was a significantly lower rate of pneumonia, heart failure, and acute kidney injury observed with re-infection compared with primary infection among the 63 patients with re-infection There were two deaths (3.2%) associated with re-infection."

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not sure what they're talking about. Here is the graph of every state as of June 27. Only 5 (the ones that are shaded yellow) have seen increasing case counts over the past 2 weeks;

View attachment 301565
Source: Where U.S. coronavirus cases are on the rise

Yep - everyone dropped as soon as they started to eliminate the false positives in the case of the vaccinated people.

Two questions:

1. What if they also used that same metric for non-vaccinated people to also eliminate their false positives?

2. What if they started using those correct numbers in April of 2020?

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep - everyone dropped as soon as they started to eliminate the false positives in the case of the vaccinated people.

Two questions:

1. What if they also used that same metric for non-vaccinated people to also eliminate their false positives?

2. What if they started using those correct numbers in April of 2020?

It really is a shame that the inventor of the PCR test, Kary Mullis, died in 2019. I suspect he would have much criticism for the way COVID test results are interpreted today. Here he is talking about the AIDS epidemic in a 1996 interview;

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ah yes, the "my rights" angle as contrasted with the inconvenient "concern for my fellow man" angle.

In America "my rights" surpass everything even being a Christian. I will say the USA is the best country in the world just that American Christianity leaves a lot to be desired by and large

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I remember when Patriot Act was first passed. At that time republican would say “ if you have nothing to hide, why do you care if Government listen to your phone call and read your email”. Back then “Nanny state” was perfectly ok as long as it was pushed by a republican president. But now oh my goodness , sky is falling.
This is simply not true. Many, many, many, many, many and I can go on and on saying that DID NOT like the Patriot Act.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is simply not true. Many, many, many, many, many and I can go on and on saying that DID NOT like the Patriot Act.

I agree with you. None of the conservatives I knew thought that was going to be good. It wasn’t/Isn’t. Government power must be curbed.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

3 Republicans voted against Patriot Act, rest of them voted for Patriot Act. So when you say “many , many , many” it is actually 3.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Your point is valid. But I wasn't really meaning the actual political class.

Actual GOP political class supported the bill overwhelmingly, as I said during the early days of patriot Act republican would say “if you don’t have any thing to hide , why do you care if Gov read your email or listen in to your phone call”. GOP political class supported the bill overwhelmingly and kept voting again and again to those politician who voted for Patriot Act.

Now that Democrat in power .. Gov is evil and patriot Act is bad.

Even Tucker Carlson admit he supported patriot Act and now he regrets it. This week he is obsessed that NSA is reading his email, I think he spent good deal of time this week attacking NSA. What happened to “if you don’t have any thing to hide , why do you care if Gov read your email or listen in to your phone call”

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Actual GOP political class supported the bill overwhelmingly, as I said during the early days of patriot Act republican would say “if you don’t have any thing to hide , why do you care if Gov read your email or listen in to your phone call”. GOP political class supported the bill overwhelmingly and kept voting again and again to those politician who voted for Patriot Act.

Now that Democrat in power .. Gov is evil and patriot Act is bad.

Even Tucker Carlson admit he supported patriot Act and now he regrets it. This week he is obsessed that NSA is reading his email, I think he spent good deal of time this week attacking NSA. What happened to “if you don’t have any thing to hide , why do you care if Gov read your email or listen in to your phone call”

Sure you're right. And I remember when it all happened. But I also know many, many, many Republicans or Conservatives (maybe not all of the Republican Party) had strong concerns and really didn't feel good about the Patriot Act.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sure you're right. And I remember when it all happened. But I also know many, many, many Republicans or Conservatives (maybe not all of the Republican Party) had strong concerns and really didn't feel good about the Patriot Act.

But Congress was in the hands of republicans, who passed it, and a republican president signed it into law.

It was another step by the party away from libertarian principles onces espoused by the GOP. The decline continues.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

He never thought that it might actually be used against the extreme right. As long as it was targeting liberals and moderates, he was good with it.

Unintended consequences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

If "the thing you are hiding" is -- "who your friends are - so that they too will not come under harassment" - it could matter.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If "the thing you are hiding" is -- "who your friends are - so that they too will not come under harassment" - it could matter.

Tucker was fine with it when it was normal Americans being subjected to it. Now that it's being used to look at white nationalists and other right-wing extremists, he's not so happy.

• Agree
Reactions: Tiberius Lee
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

I was told by republican in Bush era .. if you are not friend with Islamic extremist you have no fear if NSA keep record of your phone call. Tucker needs to stop calling terrorist ( domestic and foreign) .

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To be fair, the delta variant came to be, because the people of india were complacent so ...
Have you lived in the third world? In India? So how do you know this?

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm still required to wear a mask while in my hospital and there are several stores that still request that people wear masks. I'll still wear one if I'm indoors with a lot of people. I've gotten used to it so it isn't that much of a burden.

Upvote 0