Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I got my two Moderna shots and I'm enjoying my freedom. Much of the masking and lockdowns were often implemented with dubious Science and Constutional standing.

If we look back to the early days of Covid, much of what was done was based on projections of what we thought would happen from early models of how things unfolded in China. Many of our scientists and governors panicked and aped what the Chinese were doing except for a few things like actually welding people inside their apartments etc. but most never bothered to ask if those measurers were truly accurate, and some of the lockdowns were overkill, or even Constitutional till months after the fact.

Anyway on this second go around with Delta and any other variants I think we should make the politicians earn our compliance this time. Especially since they so often do not follow their own orders and guidelines and like to carve out exceptions with various groups and people that they are friends with or sympathize with.

PS - the topic is based on what is going on now in Los Angeles, as mentioned in the Tim Pool video below.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Taodeching

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I imagine is happening in an undisclosed location right now....

COVIDDelta.jpg

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
To be fair, the delta variant came to be, because the people of india were complacent so ...

Yeah and that in now way reflects what is going here. Actually I have been following your country with interest. Actually a certain pastor in Calgary...

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Not complacent, overwhelmed.
A lot of people refused to be vaxxed, ignored regulations, and too many people for the space spread out. Perfect conditions for cultivating a variant.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yeah and that in now way reflects what is going here. Actually I have been following your country with interest. Actually a certain pastor in Calgary...

If it's in Alberta, then it's like Texas. So your point was?

• Agree
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It's just that, if most Americans decide they are invincible after two vaccine shots, when there is a bad variant out there - we might need to wait for a majority of people with a booster shot for the Canadian population before the border restrictions are lifted.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If it's in Alberta, then it's like Texas. So your point was?

No my point has been your country for a "Democracy" has been pretty heavy handed and is something that I don't want to have here. I like to watch the Legal video Blogs on You-tube, especially Viva Frei and Barnes. Viva is a Canadian from Quebec and very outspoken and articulate on the liberties the politicians have been taken as far as taking away your actual liberties!

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,273.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My county's vaccination rate here in the Bible Belt is 23.4%.

If I could just see my friends and avoid them I probably wouldn't care. The willfully ignorant get what they deserve--it's their ability to spread a variant more resistant to us vaccinated that bothers me.

I might start wearing a mask again.

I have wondered what could possibly enlighten them. But if businesses gave the vaccinated discounts the 75% might boycott them for caring about their community and possessing common sense.

• Agree
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No my point has been your country for a "Democracy" has been pretty heavy handed and is something that I don't want to have here. I like to watch the Legal video Blogs on You-tube, especially Viva Frei and Barnes. Viva is a Canadian from Quebec and very outspoken and articulate on the liberties the politicians have been taken as far as taking away your actual liberties!

Oh yeah, Quebec had a curfew, my province didn't.

Also recently, Quebec declared itself a separate country recently. So not sure what they're thinking either.

I stopped watching when he said that kids didn't account for much spreading of the virus which isn't really the case. I recall in my province that our numbers were really low (less than a hundred per day) but jumped extremely high (over 1000 per day) after the kids were sent back to school, so misinformation like that is irresponsible.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I got my two Moderna shots and I'm enjoying my freedom. Much of the masking and lockdowns were often implemented with dubious Science and Constutional standing.

If we look back to the early days of Covid, much of what was done was based on projections of what we thought would happen from early models of how things unfolded in China. Many of our scientists and governors panicked and aped what the Chinese were doing except for a few things like actually welding people inside their apartments etc. but most never bothered to ask if those measurers were truly accurate, and some of the lockdowns were overkill, or even Constitutional till months after the fact.

Anyway on this second go around with Delta and any other variants I think we should make the politicians earn our compliance this time. Especially since they so often do not follow their own orders and guidelines and like to carve out exceptions with various groups and people that they are friends with or sympathize with.

PS - the topic is based on what is going on now in Los Angeles, as mentioned in the Tim Pool video below.

I live in a 55+ community. Some of my neighbors were dancing in the country club without face masks. They made a video and posted it in Facebook. There was no vaccine available at this time. Several of these were hospitalized. I think a total of two people from my community died of COVID over the course. of a year. Recently a lady posted she had not been vaccinated and got the virus. She had to go to the hospital. That can easily cost thousands or tens of thousands. Who is going to pay the bills?

New Zealand is strict about quarantine and they avoided the mess that happened in the U.S.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The willfully ignorant get what they deserve--it's their ability to spread a variant more resistant to us vaccinated that bothers me.

Just so I'm clear on your "logic" here, are you saying you want people to get vaccinated to protect you from a variant that your own vaccination can't protect you from?

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
New Zealand is strict about quarantine and they avoided the mess that happened in the U.S.

New Zealand is also a geographically isolated island with around 1/60th of the population of the US.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, if someone has a rocket launcher and you have a choice between a t-shirt and riot gear - you'd probably wear neither because you're out of luck either way?
Weird analogy.

But here's a similar anecdote; I was in Shanghai in 2012 on a business trip, and I got to ride the Maglev train back to the airport. For those unaware, the Maglev train travels at a max speed of about 431 km/h (268 mph). When I got on the train and sat down in my seat, I went to buckle my seat belt when I realized there wasn't one, and my Chinese co-worker laughed and said, "If this train crashes, you're going to die, with or without a seat belt."

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Weird analogy.

But here's a similar anecdote; I was in Shanghai in 2012 on a business trip, and I got to ride the Maglev train back to the airport. For those unaware, the Maglev train travels at a max speed of about 431 km/h (268 mph). When I got on the train and sat down in my seat, I went to buckle my seat belt when I realized there wasn't one, and my Chinese co-worker laughed and said, "If this train crashes, you're going to die, with or without a seat belt."
So if a vaccine that blocks out the earlier form of the virus is available, letting your immune system only focus on the newest threat i.e. the variant. What's wrong with the vaccine?

It's not like faith healers have been successful in removing the virus from society, it just keeps spreading.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So if a vaccine that blocks out the earlier form of the virus is available, letting your immune system only focus on the newest thread i.e. the variant. What's wrong with the vaccine?

I don't remember saying there was anything wrong with the vaccine.

[checks...]

Nope, never said there was anything wrong with the vaccine...

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
New Zealand is also a geographically isolated island with around 1/60th of the population of the US.
China is huge and has 4X the U.S. population. They are relatively virus free. The U.S. has the highest total deaths of any nation; an ungodly mess.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟674,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I haven't had so much as a common cold (knock on wood) since social distancing, masking was implemented. I prefer having my germy neighbors mask up in public. People have cooties, period.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0