• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Will Anyone Ever Love Me?

brandynicole

Jul 3, 2017
Florida
✟27,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've done shameful, disgusting things. There is no doubt that the things I've done will affect me in some way in my future.

So, I guess my question is: Will anyone ever see past my shame enough to marry me? Am I better off alone and to never be close to anyone again? Will I have to atone for what I've done by avoiding men?

The chances that someone will trust me are low. And most likely they will see me as less than because of my sin. Even the Bible is clear that scorned women are not as valuable. Purity, innocence, and virginity are righteous, and those women will be blessed.

I hate myself so much, and I'm sure anyone who gets to know me will hate me too. By now I know that God has forgiven me, but I'm not sure if God will withhold blessings and love from me.

I'm afraid that I'll become some sort of temptress. Maybe I acquired demons or evil spirits and I might taint anyone I touch.

The_wanderer 40

Feb 25, 2019
Texas
✟50,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I've done shameful, disgusting things. There is no doubt that the things I've done will affect me in some way in my future.

So, I guess my question is: Will anyone ever see past my shame enough to marry me? Am I better off alone and to never be close to anyone again? Will I have to atone for what I've done by avoiding men?

The chances that someone will trust me are low. And most likely they will see me as less than because of my sin. Even the Bible is clear that scorned women are not as valuable. Purity, innocence, and virginity are righteous, and those women will be blessed.

I hate myself so much, and I'm sure anyone who gets to know me will hate me too. By now I know that God has forgiven me, but I'm not sure if God will withhold blessings and love from me.

I'm afraid that I'll become some sort of temptress. Maybe I acquired demons or evil spirits and I might taint anyone I touch.
We have all done shameful, disgusting things in God's eyes. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. You are a new creation. The right person will come along and they will love you for who you are. Seek God and his righteousness and trust everything to him.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've done shameful, disgusting things.
1 Corinthians 10:13a
No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man;​

Everyone who comes to God has a past, even if you come as a child. Everyone has sinned, even after coming to faith.

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.​

Yes there is a guy out there for you. But he may have a past and feel just as shameful and disgusting as you do. You will be a part of each others' healing process.

Upvote 0

brandynicole

Jul 3, 2017
Florida
✟27,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think that I should get close to people. There may be demons inside me. For me to have acted so sinfully and for people to have treated me with such disrespect, I am sure that God does not live within me, but something else does.

Upvote 0

The_wanderer 40

Feb 25, 2019
Texas
✟50,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't think that I should get close to people. There may be demons inside me. For me to have acted so sinfully and for people to have treated me with such disrespect, I am sure that God does not live within me, but something else does.
You are speaking in the past tense (acted, treated). You are a new creation. The old you is dead. Seek God and his righteousness. Whenever thoughts of the past enter your mind, rebuke them. Literally say go away. And if you are concerned about getting close to others, take your time. Let God lead you and he will show you the right time. I also suggest that you find an accountability partner. Someone older than you of the same sex who can advise you and help you stay on God's path. God bless!

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Cormack

“I bet you're a real hulk on the internet...”
Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
In my opinion, before any sort of courtship or relationship comes into a persons mind, we first need to strengthen our own lives and our self image. The idea of an older woman to mentor you, preferably someone you trust and admire, sounds like a great idea.

We all have a front row seat to our sin life, secret as well as public sins, that magnifies the hurt and severity of it all.

Don’t let a sensitive soul bog you down in condemnation. Sometimes it’s not that God is convicting or a devil has hands on us, it’s just that we are beating ourselves up for past mistakes.

Anyway, I’ll stop before getting into a lecture. :) God bless and be safe, remember we need strong friends, family and a positive self image before trying to build up a romantic relationship.

Upvote 0

brandynicole

Jul 3, 2017
Florida
✟27,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In my opinion, before any sort of courtship or relationship comes into a persons mind, we first need to strengthen our own lives and our self image. The idea of an older woman to mentor you, preferably someone you trust and admire, sounds like a great idea.

We all have a front row seat to our sin life, secret as well as public sins, that magnifies the hurt and severity of it all.

Don’t let a sensitive soul bog you down in condemnation. Sometimes it’s not that God is convicting or a devil has hands on us, it’s just that we are beating ourselves up for past mistakes.

Anyway, I’ll stop before getting into a lecture. :) God bless and be safe, remember we need strong friends, family and a positive self image before trying to build up a romantic relationship.

I'm not sure anyone will be able to see past these things. Beyond this area of sin, I don't have many positive attributes (I never have). If I was created to be this awful person, then I don't want anyone else to suffer because of me.

Most of the women I met at church were a lot older than me. I enjoyed spending time with them, but they weren't so keen to be friends with me. I'm just a lost cause I suppose.

Four churches in three years, hundreds of people, yet not a single person wanted to be my friend.

Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I wish I could record the looks I get from people at church and elsewhere. It makes me not want to leave the house some days.

It’s sad I can agree so easily with this. I’m a part time evangelist, and taking someone new through the church doors was always something I dreaded. Just because I clicked with them and a strong friendship developed, that didn’t always extend to the church group.

Sometimes it’s not always something we can put a finger on. Looks, tone of voice. I remember reading a book on relationships, it said people can make us feel loved and unloved by how they say normally loving words.

He gave 2 examples, the first example loving, the second unloving. . .

1. I love you!

2. I love you?

Just the way we can twist things, it would be funny if it wasn’t so sad. I’m sure people can do the same with looks, judgmental or uncaring eyes.

I actually stayed with my congregation because (A) the pastor and his wife are lovely, and (B) the church can be kind of cold, so I said to myself it’ll toughen me up. I’m not suggesting that for anyone else, it’s part of a personal journey and I’m proud of the effort behind it, growing myself up over the years.

Four churches in three years, hundreds of people, yet not a single person wanted to be my friend.

Promise this isn’t a one upping story, but I think sometimes people bond over hard times. I recently left my job of 3 years, I’m a manager and have a new job waiting so it’s cause enough for the celebration, the staff I worked with numbered into the 60s, and only 3 people wrote to see how I was doing.

That’s 1 person for every year But between us, don’t take it personally, people are so wrapped up in themselves, no wonder they don’t make friends.

Try not to see it as a reflection on you, I’m hilarious and people at work hate me :p It’s on them.

Although, if you really feel you lack positive attributes, that’s okay, you’re a work in progress. Get that hunger to improve and you’ll see positive changes, God and enthusiast Christians are here to strengthen us for the challenge.

Exercise to build up the body, reading to build up the mind, work and church for the people skills, I literally had none of them from the get go, sometimes we have to claw for these things tooth and nail.

We can’t do it alone and He doesn’t expect us to. God bless and best wishes from the UK :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brandynicole

Jul 3, 2017
Florida
✟27,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It’s sad I can agree so easily with this. I’m a part time evangelist, and taking someone new through the church doors was always something I dreaded. Just because I clicked with them and a strong friendship developed, that didn’t always extend to the church group.

Sometimes it’s not always something we can put a finger on. Looks, tone of voice. I remember reading a book on relationships, it said people can make us feel loved and unloved by how they say normally loving words.

He gave 2 examples, the first example loving, the second unloving. . .

1. I love you!

2. I love you?

Just the way we can twist things, it would be funny if it wasn’t so sad. I’m sure people can do the same with looks, judgmental or uncaring eyes.

I actually stayed with my congregation because (A) the pastor and his wife are lovely, and (B) the church can be kind of cold, so I said to myself it’ll toughen me up. I’m not suggesting that for anyone else, it’s part of a personal journey and I’m proud of the effort behind it, growing myself up over the years.

Promise this isn’t a one upping story, but I think sometimes people bond over hard times. I recently left my job of 3 years, I’m a manager and have a new job waiting so it’s cause enough for the celebration, the staff I worked with numbered into the 60s, and only 3 people wrote to see how I was doing.

That’s 1 person for every year But between us, don’t take it personally, people are so wrapped up in themselves, no wonder they don’t make friends.

Try not to see it as a reflection on you, I’m hilarious and people at work hate me :p It’s on them.

Although, if you really feel you lack positive attributes, that’s okay, you’re a work in progress. Get that hunger to improve and you’ll see positive changes, God and enthusiast Christians are here to strengthen us for the challenge.

Exercise to build up the body, reading to build up the mind, work and church for the people skills, I literally had none of them from the get go, sometimes we have to claw for these things tooth and nail.

We can’t do it alone and He doesn’t expect us to. God bless and best wishes from the UK :)
Wow, thank you. That helped a lot

Upvote 0

Cormack

Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Wow, thank you. That helped a lot

We change so fast too.

I look back into my early twenties and I think man, I was so dumb back then :tearsofjoy: People think you need to be in your 60s or 70s to grow and mature but that’s not true. I’m barely into my 30s and looking back people who know me see such a huge change.

Christ was probably the biggest part of that change. There’s Christ, our ideal, but there’s also people we trust and admire, if someone builds you up, defo stay in touch with them.

Anyway, I’m probably exhausting my waffle on the topic :p Much love and God bless to everyone reading.

Upvote 0