• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Will and Kate

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by WarriorAngel, Apr 19, 2011.

1. WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel I close my eyes and see you smile Supporter

+7,448
    Catholic
    Private
    April 29th.
    I missed Lady Di and Chuck's wedding, so i hope i get to see this one. :)

Though i have no idea what time it will be my time. :scratch:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sphinx777

Sphinx777 Well-Known Member

+772
    Christian
    Private
  3. epiclesis

epiclesis Legend

+784
    Catholic
    Married
    ceremony begins at 11am. that's 6am your time.

4. gabrielListens

gabrielListens eagles fly alone

+43
    Catholic
    Single
    I'm sure they will be playing it over and over and over and over and over....

..and on every station. :eek:

5. SolomonVII

SolomonVII Well-Known Member

+4,708
    Canada
    Catholic
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Even though we have otherwise firmly rejected the idea of a nobility and class based on blood, there is a glamour and a connection to history that the royals bring that the anglo-speaking world even in non-commonwealth America can often identify with.

The saying goes that those without a past are also without a future. Through the royals, we share a common past. that meanders through the whole of European history.

6. Sphinx777

+772
    Christian
    Private

[​IMG]

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

7. Sphinx777

+772
    Christian
    Private

[​IMG]

8. Sphinx777

+772
    Christian
    Private

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

[​IMG]

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

9. Antigone

Antigone The Wrath of Whatever

+1,242
    Christian
    Legal Union (Other)
    Yay corgis. Me and the boyfriend'll be in London the weekend before. I am definitely going to take a peak at the newly sparkly clean Westminster Abbey and buy one of those ubertacky mugs with their, uh, mugs on it.

10. D'Ann

D'Ann Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE

+3,925
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I did see Di and Charles wedding in 1981... a few months after marrying my dh. We stayed up for it... I think their wedding was 2am our time and we were up watching it. The wedding was so beautiful and full of ceremony.

I'm not watching Kate and Will's wedding though... lol I'm sure it will be beautiful though too.

11. princess_ballet

princess_ballet Senior Veteran

+408
    Catholic
    Private
    I'm so excited. I'm having friends over that night to celebrate. Can. Not. Wait. :clap:

12. D'Ann

D'Ann Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE

+3,925
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I don't blame you. :) I was 19 when Di and Charles got married and I was sooo excited. It was like watching Cinderalla or Snow White marry their prince. It was like a fairy tale in the real world...

I'm older now and I just don't have that excitement anymore. lol But I completely understand why this is exciting and my prayer is that these two young ones have a very happy and loving marriage with true love and goodness for the rest of their lives.

13. Antigone

+1,242
    Christian
    Legal Union (Other)
    I can remember watching Willem-Alexander and Maxima of the Netherlands getting married. It was pretty awesome.

Ladi Di and Charles's wedding was before I was born. When I look at her dress in retrospect, it just looks so...tacky. And eighties.

wwd.comrecently asked a bunch of famous fashion designers to design a dress for Kate Middleton (a fantasy wedding gown competition, if you please). See the results here. That Lagerfeld dress is ugly. Love the Gucchi, on the other hand.

14. 0x87a

0x87a Guest

+0
    Wow! I already learned about Princess Diana when she died. :( She was a great princess then. :)

I'm also looking forward to William and Kate's Wedding. Wooo! Fairy tale. Yeah.

15. princess_ballet

princess_ballet Senior Veteran

+408
    Catholic
    Private
    Yes!

I also majored in history in undergrad and I looooove learning about monarchs. So this is just icing on the cake.

No to the Ovitz dress. Some of the others were ok. But I can't wait to see what she steps out in!

16. epiclesis

epiclesis Legend

+784
    Catholic
    Married
    since when does J Crew do wedding gowns?

17. Antigone

+1,242
    Christian
    Legal Union (Other)
    Our monarch is coming to my hometown next week. :) The whole place is going crazy.

Judging from what she wears, she likes a fairly clean line with a bit of frippery around her waist. Lord knows she needs it. That woman has no hips.

That Ovitz dress is something you could pick up at H&M for twenty bucks. Maybe they're having a recession-themed wedding?

I don't know but I quite like the result.

18. WarriorAngel

+7,448
    Catholic
    Private
    If only i had that hip problem Antigone. :p

Well, i am curious what it will be like, since i didnt watch the Princess Di and Chuck wedding. I want to see her dress.... :holy:

I also want to see what everyone else will be talking about for a decade. lol

SO 6 am?? Really..? Not to bad actually. I figured 2-4 am. Awesome.

19. Antigone

+1,242
    Christian
    Legal Union (Other)
    WA - I don't have that hip problem either. I'm nothing but booty.

Okay, that is the first time I've ever heard Prince Charles being referred to as Chuck. :p Remember, this is a man who routinely uses words such as 'ghastly' and 'nincompoop.'

20. WarriorAngel

+7,448
    Catholic
    Private
    Well - in my lifetime - thats what i call him. Always have...lol
    edit - it came out wrong. :p

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011