will a border wall stop human trafficking and drug smuggling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
yes the government does not know the routes that trafficking cartels take, most of them are comming into the country however not going out. They are not sure if they are coming in ports of entry , or in the vast miles between ports of entry, from what I can tell. But if you can quote a government study saying that a wall will reduce trafficking, I would love to read it.
I never said it would, but if it were my child or sister being abducted i would want a wall.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
not sure what you are saying here, if something I said was wrong please quote it. The context here is a wall to keep other ethnicities out, not enemies, so i am unsure where nehemiah comes in.
We build walls to keep enemies out, and we put gates in those walls to let friends in. I feel you are being unfair to paint the proposed wall section as an attempt to keep certain ethnicities out.

• Winner
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will not be posting to this thread anymre. It's not you guys or your views, it's me. I posted this thread out odf selfishness. God showed me it's ok to have a viewpoint but to talk politics on here in general was unloving. Here is how He showed me this. I was more than bold enough to share these perspectives on this forum but not on my personal facebook wall. That is because I have family on there and I didn't want to offend them. I realized I was loving them but nit loving you guys. I will never talk politics again on any forums. God has been subtly telling me this for months but I refused to listen.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will not be posting to this thread anymre. It's not you guys or your views, it's me. I posted this thread out odf selfishness. God showed me it's ok to have a viewpoint but to talk politics on here in general was unloving. Here is how He showed me this. I was more than bold enough to share these perspectives on this forum but not on my personal facebook wall. That is because I have family on there and I didn't want to offend them. I realized I was loving them but nit loving you guys. I will never talk politics again on any forums. God has been subtly telling me this for months but I refused to listen.
I thought you were friendly. I don't think it's wrong to have questions about a political proposal or to seek the thoughts of others on it. I have sought others opinions on the wall myself, even on these forums. I appreciated the pro/con discussion presented by others and thought it was beneficial. The majority of my threads are to ask Christians for their thoughts because we are better together than by ourselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I thought you were friendly. I don't think it's wrong to have questions about a political proposal or to seek the thoughts of others on it. I have sought others opinions on the wall myself, even on these forums. I appreciated the pro/con discussion presented by others and thought it was beneficial. The majority of my threads are to ask Christians for their thoughts because we are better together than by ourselves.
talking politics divides. That is why I didn't do it on facebook with my family. I loved them enough to stop talking politics but I didn't love you guys enough to stop. Which is wrong.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
talking politics divides. That is why I didn't do it on facebook with my family. I loved them enough to stop talking politics but I didn't love you guys enough to stop. Which is wrong.
Politics isnt the way to seek the kingdom, imo.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
The Greatest Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40)

36) “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37) Jesus replied:
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
38) This is the first and greatest commandment.'
39) And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.'
40) All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

From a Christian perspective, we should be embracing those who are forced to flee the horrendous conditions that exist in Central America - not erecting walls to keep them out!

The Bible has a reoccurring theme whereby those who pass harsh judgement on our "neighbors," are inadvertently passing judgement on themselves (ie. Pharaoh commanding the midwives to kill all Hebrew males at birth).

The Greatest Commandment knows no national boundaries as in "The Parable of the Good Samaritan," we can chose to identify with the rabbi, the Levite or the Samaritan - a group who hated the Jews and would be the least likely to render aid to a Jew in distress!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
<G1>I have searched about apprehensions in traficking, and I could not find any of them that were in between the ports of entry on the border, wall. Feel free to contradict me, but I can't both do my homework, and yours. I can search it again, but that would not convince you, unless you search it out as well. Thanks for the comment, and again thank you for your service, I do believe our own vets should be taken care of before any more immigrants are let in. But I believe we can have faith that God will honor and both provide for both parties, if we simply prayed and asked Him, and followed His will as a nation.<G1>
When one makes an assertion, it is incumbent on that person to provide credible evidence to support that assertion, if/when requested. It is not incumbent on the reader to try to support another person's claims/arguments/assertions. Recently I was watching a news program a border patrol agent was showing a reporter a known route for illegals entering the country, in the day time, they encountered a group of illegals walking north. The "coyote" was behind the group. When he spotted the BP he ran back to his rubber boat and paddled out into the river escaping the BP agent. All caught on tape.
Note the source of this NYT article.

The number of migrant families crossing the southwest border has once again broken records, with unauthorized entries nearly double what they were a year ago, suggesting that the Trump administration’s aggressive policies have not discouraged new migration to the United States.
More than 76,000 migrants crossed the border without authorization in February, an 11-year high and a strong sign that stepped-up prosecutions, new controls on asylum and harsher detention policies have not reversed what remains a powerful lure for thousands of families fleeing violence and poverty.
“The system is well beyond capacity, and remains at the breaking point,” Kevin K. McAleenan, commissioner of Customs and Border Protection, told reporters in announcing the new data on Tuesday.
Border at ‘Breaking Point’ as More than 76,000 Unauthorized Migrants Cross in a Month

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.